• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Let me leak that Among Us VR is Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Bob-omb
Announcement probably coming tonight via a trailer.

It’s gonna be a first person VR game for the Quest 2.

Book it. The Leaky Cauldron that’s in VR. Vanilla got that leak.

Edit: Appears to be multiplat, but runs on Quest 2 (so set expectations accordingly).

Last edited:
3e74ff2d046d6dd9d0a80182d7ee4915b4de0df14355f37fd0ded7e57e5183ee_1.jpg

your loss, its the only VR platform worth anything these days :p

I sold mine when Facebook started mandating Facebook logins and the entire "hey this SDK function lets Facebook save 360º photos of the rooms you use the Quest on" thing happened. If that's what VR is gonna be about, I'm happily off.

Also, their loss, actually, since they don't get my money and I don't get an even bigger backlog lmao

I don’t think it’s gonna be exclusive, but it’s more of a Quest 2 level of VR rather than high end PC level of VR even if it’s on both.

I don't even own VR right now, really, but want to pick up either a PCVR or a non-quest standalone (When/if they release) back in the future.

Quoted by: VHS
I sold mine when Facebook started mandating Facebook logins and the entire "hey this SDK function lets Facebook save 360º photos of the rooms you use the Quest on" thing happened. If that's what VR is gonna be about, I'm happily off.
facebook logins are no longer required, and no idea what you're referring to with 360* photos. Either way your loss, the Quest 2 is the best VR headset we've gotten so far it's truly amazing tech.

facebook logins are no longer required, and no idea what you're referring to with 360* photos. Either way your loss, the Quest 2 is the best VR headset we've gotten so far it's truly amazing tech.
A Meta account will be required instead which is the same shit, but different name.

At this point, I'm just waiting for either Steam Deckard or the PSVR2 before I jump into VR.

A Meta account will be required instead which is the same shit, but different name.

At this point, I'm just waiting for either Steam Deckard or the PSVR2 before I jump into VR.
You can fully separate a fb account and just use an oculus account atm since the announcement.

The Quest is sending 360º pictures of the rooms you're using it in to the Facebook servers for "debugging purposes".

This whole thread is sus.

Let's vote to kick it out of the ship.

You can fully separate a fb account and just use an oculus account atm since the announcement.

An Oculus account . . . which is owned by Facebook/Meta and being rebranded to a Meta account in 2022:

Business Insider | "Facebook is killing the Oculus brand name as part of its huge Meta rebrand"

Either way, I'm interested in what this potential VR conversion will look like. If it's good; I'll add it to the ever-growing list of VR games to buy at a later date like Half-Life: Alyx.

No hits on google, can you share the info your alluding to?

We don’t collect and store images or 3D maps of your environment on our servers today

This is from back in 2019, before they even announced the Facebook integration, and was a pretty huge stink back then.

Later on, people on the quest subreddit found the SDK and system libraries do in fact have calls for rendering a 360º, 3D photo of the room they're being used on, which Facebook cleared up was only "for debugging purposes only", and that in fact lets employees testing the headset send pictures of their environment to Facebook servers. This is supposedly not enabled in retail builds, but still included on them.

This was, again, before the Facebook integration, and before Facebook was teasing stuff like color passthrough for the Quest 2 Pro, and before they added all the Mixed Reality APIs and functionality to the headsets.

Reminder Facebook survives on stockpiling your data and selling it/using it for advertising. That's the reason they can afford to sell the Quest line for that cheap. Because they're capable of selling a lot of info on you no one else can. Like, your room. Or biometric data like how you move, your height, and so on.

If you don't care about any of this, that's fair. But believe me, no, it's not my loss.

Announcement probably coming tonight via a trailer.

It’s gonna be a first person VR game for the Quest 2.

Book it. The Leaky Cauldron that’s in VR. Vanilla got that leak.

Edit: Appears to be multiplat, but runs on Quest 2 (so set expectations accordingly).

Someone hire this person.

If Famiboards ever gets a Hall of Fame where legendary threads get preserved forever, this definitely needs to be the first addition.

Of all the possible games to get an exclusive leak on here, you had to pick the funny meme game.

If Famiboards ever gets a Hall of Fame where legendary threads get preserved forever, this definitely needs to be the first addition.

Of all the possible games to get an exclusive leak on here, you had to pick the funny meme game.

Maybe I’m a funny meme person! :p

PS: Y’all could advocate for a meme tag for me over this though. Lol

I'm trying to figure out how this will work in a VR setting, and the teaser did not give me enough to go by.
There have been VR chat set ups for Among Us for a while now, it’s honestly pretty similar to how the real game works. I think this will draw inspiration from that.

There have been VR chat set ups for Among Us for a while now, it’s honestly pretty similar to how the real game works. I think this will draw inspiration from that.

Ah okay. It just seems a lot harder to do a lot of movement in a VR space without causing more difficulty for the different people. But this is a VR Chat / Metaverse world so I'm just kinda-yelling at clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom