• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Film Leads in "Superman: Legacy" (by James Gunn) announced; David Corenswet as Superman & Rachel Brosnahan as Lois Lane

EvilChameleon

Rockenberg Enthusiast
Pronouns
he/him

Corenswet is best-known for his breakout role in Netflix's The Politician, with Brosnahan earning acclaim for her role as the title character in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
A nice surprise to get these reveals today! The movie has a release date of July 11th, 2025, so I can only assume we're going to see filming start as soon as the writers strike is over.

Deadline shared this tweet on their article:

He definitely has some charme to him that I hope translates to his Clark. Also the fact he chose "Have John Williams music play whereever I go" as a super power is oddly fitting for future Superman xD

Not familiar with either but I trust James Gunn. Loved Slither, The Suicide Squad, and Super. Christopher Reeve was a total unknown when he was cast as Superman so I have confidence.

I’ve never seen anything David Corenswet was in. I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve seen Rachel Brosnahan in (who is also younger than I thought she was). I mostly enjoy James Gunn’s movies so it’d be hard for me not to trust his choices.

I’ve got high hopes for this. I liked Cavil as Superman but the DCEU never did his character justice. A strong DC universe needs a solid Superman, he’s the heart and soul of the whole thing.

I'm so stoked for this, I'm going to check out The Politician and Hollywood to get an idea of Corenswet but I've loved Brosnahan in Mrs. Maisel.

I think she'd do Margot Kidder proud as Lois Lane, hell even channeling a bit of Carrie Fisher for good measure, too

As an aside, this is a good reminder to me to finally dig into All-Star Superman, the series Gunn says this movie is loosely based upon.
All-Star Superman is fantastic. That and Birthright are basically the all time greatest when it comes to Superman books.

As an aside, this is a good reminder to me to finally dig into All-Star Superman, the series Gunn says this movie is loosely based upon.
Gotta say I'd recommend against All-Star if it's your first Superman comic. Something like Smashes the Klan, Morrison's N52 Action Comics run or Birthright are better starting points imo

Hell yeah Nathan Fillion!

Also, the article says Edi Gathegi has been cast as Mister Terrific, and Isabela Merced as Hawkgirl!

It's super weird to see Fillion cast as Green Lantern and then... not have it be Hal Jordan. But Fillion is a cool guy nonetheless :)

Great casting, we gonna get a better live action Green Lantern than the Reynolds movie.

Also makes sense the movie will have other heroes in it since Gunn made it clear Superman will already be established in a world with heroes in it.

Back
Top Bottom