• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Serious Konami employee arrested after trying to kill former boss bully

Details from Japanese site Livedoor, via Siliconera, suggest the suspect was previously being bullied by their boss - a matter which Konami's HR department had been dealing with.

The suspect was reportedly told by Konami HR that the bullying was not occuring - though was moved to another team.

Speaking as a former employee rep, while the allegations of workplace bullying need to be investigated and HR called out on the comments they made: trying to murder your boss with a fire extinguisher is not an appropriate or proportional response.

Konami is notoriously bad as we’ve seen in earlier news, but yeah, this is not the way to solve your problem.

Shame about HR and the bully having each others back

As much as I am against violence against others, like others have said the allegations of bullying need to be investigated and taken seriously. Trying to kill someone is obviously the wrong reaction, however, it is not something that happens unprovoked.

HR gaslighting the victim of bullying is just par for the course.
Must've been going on for ages too.
By all accounts, Konami sounds like one toxic hellhole to work for.

There should be a middle ground here, like "don't bully people and they won't snap and try to kill you"

As much as I am against violence against others, like others have said the allegations of bullying need to be investigated and taken seriously. Trying to kill someone is obviously the wrong reaction, however, it is not something that happens unprovoked.
Bullying is violence. And Konami and their HR seemingly foster and tolerate this behaviour.

reggie-gamestop-fils-aime-nintendo-president-board-of-directors.jpg

Hopefully the arrested employee will not serve to much time and will have mental help for all the damage these ghouls provoked him.

I'm sure the culprit of attempted murder is a very believable person and we should obviously use exclusively his point of view as a testament to call the victim of attempted murder a "ghoul". Sounds reasonable to me.

That is not to say that the boss was innocent of bullying. The truth is we simply have no information whatsoever to make a judgement on that and on whether or not Konami's HR department took these reports seriously or not. And sometimes - for example when talking about serious crimes like attempted murder - it's a better idea to simply say nothing instead of making far reaching assumptions. Especially when these assumptions end in victim blaming.

Last edited:
I feel conflicted. Murder is not right, but bullies make people lives a living hell.
I also highly doubt Konami's HR dept was doing anything other than sterm warnings and slaps on the wrist, given the cultural context here. In Japan, your boss might as well be your god.

Back
Back
Top Bottom