• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

TV Kamen Rider Ryuki is getting added to streaming services 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘆!

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

Shout Factory TV specifically, but it should trickle out to their other providers like Tubi and Pluto TV fairly quickly.

I've heard it's not quite as good as Kuuga (If you still somehow haven't seen it yet, please watch it!) but it's still absolutely wild to see these shows get an official localization.
Zero-One_Poster.jpg

Next on the docket is Zero-One, which will even get a Blu-ray (Eight disks, maybe?) release over here in January.

TATAKAE

kamen-rider-ryuki-final-vent.gif

I watched it a few months ago, I had some hangups with it but overall enjoyed it a lot. It's clear how much of an influence it was on shows like Madoka, and, well... Kamen Rider Gaim lol

TATAKAE

kamen-rider-ryuki-final-vent.gif

I watched it a few months ago, I had some hangups with it but overall enjoyed it a lot. It's clear how much of an influence it was on shows like Madoka, and, well... Kamen Rider Gaim lol

wow what now? Ok, watching Kamen Raider is must for me then.

wow what now? Ok, watching Kamen Raider is must for me then.
Specifically, Ryuki was a huge influence on Gen Urobuchi and its central tenet of "Rider vs. Rider" can be seen as influencing almost all of his most significant words (Fate/Zero, Madoka, Kamen Rider Gaim), as well as future Rider shows as Ryuki is still one of the most successful Rider shows to this day and popularized the trend of multiple Riders, often with warring factions.

The OG Battle Royale TV series.

As far as Rider shows go, this one's pretty unique, with a neat premise and a great cast. The penultimate episode is still one of the most memorable in the franchise's history, imo.

Also Ryuki>Gaim. Kuuga, of course, is still the GOAT.

All episodes are up:

It's also streaming on twitch right now:

Is this the show the original U.S. Power Rangers series was spliced with?
No, that's Super Sentai (Zyuranger for Mighty Morphin', specifically). Ryuki DID get an American adaptation as Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, though.

Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in the video quality on Shout, looks hella compressed.

Back
Top Bottom