• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

TV Kaguya Sama: Love is War Season 3 airing April 2022; first trailer inside (subbed)

Hero of Hyrule

Frieren the Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him

Kaguya-Sama is my favourite anime ever (it's actually one of the few anime I do like), and after how amazing the second season was, I am so excited to see where they go. Hopefully lots more of Miko, pls.

Definitely watching this. Following the manga right now and really hoping to see certain things happen in this season.

I think it was confirmed a while ago the season will end with the culture festival. So season is pretty much guaranteed to be a 100/10.

Also it should contain my personal favorite multi-arc part of the entire story. THE RAP ARC

How is the anime compared to the manga? I was lucky enough to receive the first vol of the manga for my birthday this year from a friend and really got a kick out of it. Does the humor translate over well?

A few people I know have said this was good, but I just cannot get into anime anymore. I loved it when I was younger, but just stopped liking it as much. I just think growing up and realizing how problematic anime is/can be is why, but not 100 percent sure. I don't think I have watched an anime in a loong time. I've been close to considering watching this anime though.

How is the anime compared to the manga? I was lucky enough to receive the first vol of the manga for my birthday this year from a friend and really got a kick out of it. Does the humor translate over well?
Handles really well imo! I'm a huge fan of the manga too and it's one of the best anime adaptations for a manga I've seen. Really shows how much the anime staff loves the source material and it never really skips a beat.

I havent watch the second season cause is nowhere available to watch in my country, but loved the first season. Hopefully crunchyroll will get the second season soon.

A few people I know have said this was good, but I just cannot get into anime anymore. I loved it when I was younger, but just stopped liking it as much. I just think growing up and realizing how problematic anime is/can be is why, but not 100 percent sure. I don't think I have watched an anime in a loong time. I've been close to considering watching this anime though.
You should watch it. It does have its problematic elements like pretty much every anime, but it is also really heartfelt and it has great character development and it's beautifully animated and it's hilarious. LIke, not just funny for an anime, it's actually hilarious. There are very few anime I will take a chance on for reasons that are similar to yours, but this one is worth it.

Not much of an anime fan at all (though I have actually started to get more into it lately, in part because of this show lol), but Kaguya Same is fan-fucking-tastic! It's really funny, amazingly well written (by any standard, to be clear, not just for anime), great characters, gorgeous animation, great production values, and specifically to compare it with the manga, I would say it is every bit as great as that; in fact, in some ways I would say it is superior, since it ends up getting some great anime-specific content that really can only work in the anime format, and not a manga format.

The people who have worked on the anime, from the illustrators, animators, writers, and VAs, all very clearly love the source material, and do it the utmost justice. I honestly can't recommend it enough lol. The first season was good, but the second one is god tier and really elevates the whole thing.

Handles really well imo! I'm a huge fan of the manga too and it's one of the best anime adaptations for a manga I've seen. Really shows how much the anime staff loves the source material and it never really skips a beat.

Not much of an anime fan at all (though I have actually started to get more into it lately, in part because of this show lol), but Kaguya Same is fan-fucking-tastic! It's really funny, amazingly well written (by any standard, to be clear, not just for anime), great characters, gorgeous animation, great production values, and specifically to compare it with the manga, I would say it is every bit as great as that; in fact, in some ways I would say it is superior, since it ends up getting some great anime-specific content that really can only work in the anime format, and not a manga format.

The people who have worked on the anime, from the illustrators, animators, writers, and VAs, all very clearly love the source material, and do it the utmost justice. I honestly can't recommend it enough lol. The first season was good, but the second one is god tier and really elevates the whole thing.

Thank you, thank you! That sounds fantastic, I'll have to figure out where each season reaches up to then watch as I finish in manga form!

Thank you, thank you! That sounds fantastic, I'll have to figure out where each season reaches up to then watch as I finish in manga form!
Season 1: Chapter 46 Fireworks arc
Season 2: Chapter 97 Sports Festival arc

These are rough answers, the show doesn't follow the manga linearly so it sort of jumps around.

Kaguya-sama I think is not only one of the best anime/manga rom-coms in a long time, but one of the best rom-coms of any medium genuinely, and the only other anime rom-com I hold on that same level is Toradora. The manga is one of the funniest and heartfelt ones I've ever read, and Hatakeyama is a brilliant director as proven by Rakugo. The first two seasons have been nothing but quality so far, and I'm beyond excited to finally see this arc animated. (My excitement is only second to my anticipation for the very next arc afterwards since I think that is Kaguya's highest peak so far.)

This show is....okay but didn't live up to the hype for me, the first season at least. Chika is just kind of an annoying character.
The series just get better and better and continues way past how usually such series ends.It's actually impressive how Aka can do it and continues to surprise the readers.

This is pretty much guarenteed to cover the best arc of the manga, the school festival. (the direct continuation of it, which would probably rather be in a potential season 4, is also really really good)
Can't wait.
The climax of season 3 will be fucking good. Be ready folks.

Chika is the worst of the girls though
"Worst girl/best girl" is not a conversation that I'm particularly interested in having. I'll just say that Chika was my favorite character in a series full of great characters and that she's a delightful ball of chaos and leave it at that.

Really glad this is getting a third season even if it was nearly guaranteed, it's best out of the current crop of romcoms

"Worst girl/best girl" is not a conversation that I'm particularly interested in having. I'll just say that Chika was my favorite character in a series full of great characters and that she's a delightful ball of chaos and leave it at that.
I don't mean in a waifu sense lol, I mean of the female characters, she is my least favourite.

But with that said, she's definitely a great character nonetheless, and her being the worst one is less a reflection on her and more a reflection on how great the cast as a whole is.

Back
Top Bottom