• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Serious Kabosu, the Shiba Inu that inspired the famous “Doge” meme. has passed away.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Original_Doge_meme.jpg

かぼちゃんは
本日5月24日
午前7時50分に
深い眠りにつきました。

昨夜はいつも通り
ご飯を食べて
お水もたっぷり
飲みました。

窓からは
柔らかな光が射し込み、

窓の外では
鳥たちが歌う
美しい朝に、

私に撫でられながら
眠るように
そっと逝きました。

長い間かぼちゃんを
愛して下さったみなさま、

本当に
ありがとうございました。

かぼちゃんは
世界一幸せな
犬だったと思います。

そして私は
世界一幸せな
飼い主でした。

かぼちゃんは
今もまだ

にこにこ笑って
シッポを振って

私に寄り添って
くれていると思います。

きっと
これからもずっと。
from her owner’s official blog.

the meme has taken some unfortunate turns over the past few years. from being used to shill crypto to various “ironic” comics which pair the dog up with the most vile creature in existence (Isabelle from Animal Crossing)
but the originals still a have a level of genuine earnestness to them that shine through to this day.

fe3.jpg

bab.jpg

back in Japan, Kabosu was previously commemorated with her own statue last year. which now stands as a memorial to her legacy.
notably she also lived up until the age of 18, which to my understanding is a very long lifespan for a dog. and certainly meant she was able to see her popularity as a meme firsthand. (one sad example of this not being the case was Keyboard Cat, who passed away 20 years before the video starring her was shared online.)

Had her on my car window for a couple years.

Vso053W.jpeg

I followed her owner on social media so I knew she was getting up in years but it's still sad to see her go. What a wholesome way to touch the world.

Had her on my car window for a couple years.

Vso053W.jpeg

I followed her owner on social media so I knew she was getting up in years but it's still sad to see her go. What a wholesome way to touch the world.
I love it!

Yeah it's insane how long she hung around for. Most dogs live to be, like... 12-13 years old? She was kicking until 18 years old.

Back
Top Bottom