• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Logiart Grimoire announced for Nintendo Switch and Steam, developed by Jupiter (out now!)

steam release date announced
581e74442d4668d83af9b8b46d48e82e09447b9f.png

The release date for the final version of "Logiart Grimoire" on Steam has been decided!

It will be released on March 15, 2024!

Here are the main changes from the Early Access version:

・Addition of the Mysterious Letter
 ・Addition of 115 special puzzles
 ・Addition of a special thanks

・Enhancement of various customization features
 ・Addition of BGM customization feature
  ・Addition of 5 new BGM tracks
 ・Addition of color customization feature for the cursor during puzzles
 ・Addition of dark mode for the puzzle UI
 ・Addition of ON/OFF function to gray out confirmed hint numbers
 ・Addition of ON/OFF function for keyword highlighting in fusion hints
  (Setting it to OFF increases the difficulty of fusion)
 ・Addition of ON/OFF function for post-effect

・Addition of languages
 ・French, Spanish, Italian, German, Brazilian Portuguese
 ・Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean

・Addition of other features/elements
 ・Addition of Emile's accent voice
 ・Some changes and additions to Emile's animations
 ・Addition of figure viewing function to the collection mode
 ・Addition of new achievements

・Other minor feature improvements and bug fixes, etc.

The total number of puzzles is now 419 due to the addition of 115 puzzles in the mysterious letter puzzle. Additionally, three achievements that were not attainable in the Early Access version can now be obtained through updates to the final version.

Furthermore, development for the Nintendo Switch version is underway.
It is scheduled for release in April 2024.
※The content of the game is the same as the Steam version.

We would be delighted if those who have already thoroughly enjoyed the Early Access version would play it again!
So please wait a little longer until the final version is released.

From the Logiart Grimoire Development Team

edit: the final price will be 1,980 yen on steam, so the switch price should be 20 bucks.

also, here's what dark mode picross looks like. it looks... wrong but good for people who need it

130182-3-4aa8c98a3e9204a93f5d8907a0f46e38-1280x720.png

Last edited:

edit: the final release marks the return of 20x20 puzzles, which have been absent from jupiter's picross games since 2007 (picross DS). thanks to @NinjiGalaxy for the confirmation

Last edited:
That could be the first one I buy in a while.
I had my fair share of basic ones, this seems like a twist I need. I'm curious for reviews

Lmao what is this?? I honestly can't tell what the solution to my backer puzzle is, I chose the components "aquatic animals" and "to dress up" and that's all it says, I thought maybe it would result in a mermaid, but probably a fish and coral reef? A school of fish? It all blurs together, at first I thought it was Eve from Mother.

GIvZhzxaoAA-6mz

But anyway I'm really just loving the new experience of solving picross puzzles with ultimate efficiency via mouse input, very impressed how smooth and snappy and full featured the whole interface is right out the gate, and I don't know if I'd use that rewind feature to undo a whole range of mistakes but very cool that it's there. I'm reminded how much I miss having smaller more casual computer games that I can primarily play windowed on desktop.

I really don't know what they were thinking releasing this so close to S+. I still have 8.25 of the games to finish before I'm even going to think of buying this.
agreed. very weird decision to release these so close to each other. i'm still getting it day 1 but i assume for most picross fans they will still be busy with S+ and not really looking for a new game. they should have saved S+ for later in the year.

Lmao what is this?? I honestly can't tell what the solution to my backer puzzle is, I chose the components "aquatic animals" and "to dress up" and that's all it says, I thought maybe it would result in a mermaid, but probably a fish and coral reef? A school of fish? It all blurs together, at first I thought it was Eve from Mother.

GIvZhzxaoAA-6mz

But anyway I'm really just loving the new experience of solving picross puzzles with ultimate efficiency via mouse input, very impressed how smooth and snappy and full featured the whole interface is right out the gate, and I don't know if I'd use that rewind feature to undo a whole range of mistakes but very cool that it's there. I'm reminded how much I miss having smaller more casual computer games that I can primarily play windowed on desktop.
Bit late replying but that looks like a Betta fish, if I was guessing.

Check out these beauties

Huh, so they’re actually using the Picross branding for the Switch version of this? Interesting! Didn’t think Nintendo would allow that, since it seems to be the same exact game as the Steam version.

I guess that solves my dilemma of whether or not I should add the game to my “Picross” HOME Menu Group! lol

there's a demo out now

Huh, so they’re actually using the Picross branding for the Switch version of this? Interesting! Didn’t think Nintendo would allow that, since it seems to be the same exact game as the Steam version.

I guess that solves my dilemma of whether or not I should add the game to my “Picross” HOME Menu Group! lol
interesting strategy... looks like jupiter has a blank check to use the picross name however they want as long as it's no switch, and they decided to use it. which is a good move, why not have your game show up when people search for picross on the eshop.

also looks like there's a 33% off launch discount on switch, nice!

Last edited:
Huh, I may get this at launch even though I’m still working my way through S+. Feels like maybe they could use the sale

Are some reviews out?
there's only one english review for the game out, for the early access version

Cubed3 (9/10):
Logiart Grimoire is a simple game, and yet it's obvious that the developers have poured a lot of thought and love into it. The whole theming of this title is amazing, and it is truly great to play and uncover more chapters and puzzles over time. Emil is a great companion and friend, and the puzzles are both relaxing and challenging. This is a must-have for anyone that loves Picross.

Anyone got a link to the US eShop page for this game/the demo?
It’s not up yet; only the Japanese eShop page is live right now. That tends to be the case with Jupiter’s games. The U.S. eShop page should be up closer to release, though.

finished the demo. that was a really chunky demo, specially compared to previous picross demos which usually have like 5 puzzles. there's 40 puzzles and it takes around 2 hours to finish.

on one hand it's just good old picross, and the UI and music are great. emil is a nice addition too and i think it does add to the series to have a narrator like that (like the weird yellow cube guy from picross 3D). for the first 10 or so minutes, the tutorials are a bit annoying and he pops up too often to repeat the same stuff over and over, but that ends pretty quickly. after that he only pops up once in a while with some random statement which i guess are hints for possible fusions.

fusions themselves, i'll be honest, are just a waste of time and i don't think add anything. it's not really an enjoyable mechanic, and the clues at least in the demo were super obvious so it's not fun when you do a successful fusion. i don't mind the mechanic too much and it doesn't take too long, but since it's not adding anything positive i'd honestly prefer if it was removed.

Last edited:
Good launch discount, at least. I downloaded the demo last night and will probably end up biting even though I have more picross to,play right now than I know what to do with

(just kidding, I know what to do with them: solve them)

I personally really liked what I’ve played of the game so far, including fusion! I like that it gives more purpose to the puzzle solutions, because honestly they’ve kind of become almost meaningless in 2D Picross; there’s a brief “oh, neat” or “huh…okay” reaction after finishing a puzzle and seeing what it depicts, but then it’s immediately forgotten and you go right back to grinding out more puzzles. At least there’s more satisfaction in chiseling out a 3D object in Picross 3D and then seeing it animate upon completion, but 2D Picross has been really lacking in that regard to me, and this game actually addresses that! It actually gives a reason to remember the solutions of previous puzzles and utilize them towards your progression. I think I’m gonna really miss that aspect in traditional 2D Picross games now after playing this game, lol.

I also like that it mixes up the progression just enough for it to not feel like you’re just going one by one down a huge list of puzzles—instead you’re hopping between different categories of puzzles and doing fusions once you run out of solvable puzzles. I think it’s honestly a really great evolution of the Picross formula! Oh yeah, and it seems the puzzles are more difficult than usual, too (at least for early on in a Picross game), which is neat, though I assume that’s probably due to the game giving you hints about the solution’s identity before you solve it.

And apparently all the Kickstarter backers got little puzzles of their own—featuring their names, too!—that are actually included in the game for everyone to play, huh? Damn, had I known I could have had my name in an actual Nintendo-licensed Picross game, I would have absolutely backed this game on Kickstarter! Wish I would have known that earlier…oh well.

Though, I must say…Jupiter should really get a better localization and QA team (assuming they even have much of one in the first place, lol). Given that this game includes a lot more text than Picross games typically do, I’ve already spotted quite a few grammatical and punctuation errors, some of which are among the very first lines of text that you read upon starting the game, which doesn’t exactly give a great first impression…

Last edited:
NICE! I was able to reach them out on Facebook haha
and they were SO NICE to write me back by email with a review code: can't wait to try it out!

Last edited:
I'm a little confused just skimming through this thread. Is the puzzle solving any different from regular picross?

Quoted by: Tye
I'm a little confused just skimming through this thread. Is the puzzle solving any different from regular picross?
No, it’s the same Picross gameplay when it comes to solving the actual nonogram puzzles, but there have been new elements added surrounding that that adds an actual sense of progression to the game. The solutions to the puzzles actually matter and in order to unlock more puzzles to solve you have to fuse solved puzzles to create new ones. It’s very simple, though! I suggest just trying the demo for yourself to see.

i have a feeling this will have the highest completion time for a jupiter picross games by a large margin. those bonus 30x30 and 40x30 puzzles are gonna take a loooong time to finish.

Are any of the Emil’s Logiart Warehouse puzzles from failed fusions missable?
I’ve only come across the first one so far but I’ve done probably a dozen fusion puzzles.

Are any of the Emil’s Logiart Warehouse puzzles from failed fusions missable?
I’ve only come across the first one so far but I’ve done probably a dozen fusion puzzles.
i think the tutorial mentioned something like no need to worry, they'll all unlock after you finish the main puzzles.

i think the tutorial mentioned something like no need to worry, they'll all unlock after you finish the main puzzles.
Thanks! It’s been a few days since I played the demo so I’d already forgotten the tutorials. Just going to play and enjoy myself then.

Yup, that discount is enough to get me to jump on it today instead of waiting to finish S9 or the puzzles I have in S+.

Loving how the puzzles in general seem to be harder earlier on than past Picross titles.
I'm loving it. Controls are chef's kiss, smoother than past games.

I also like the fusion mechanic, it adds some flavour to proceedings, at least with suggestions off. The sense of progression is nice, too. And this is gonna take ages to complete, with all those big puzzles.

really enjoying my time with the game as well. i hope the game does well and this becomes a new sub series.
Have you noticed it deactivates by default that assist option which obscures the already completed numbers?

I was failing 10x10 puzzles because of this. Luckily, it still gives you the no assists badge when activated, even if I feel guilty lol

Back
Top Bottom