• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 trailer

Sander RX

Bob-omb
Pronouns
He, Him

Comes out December 24th in Japan.

The movie is based on the single volume manga by Gege Akutami that was popular enough for him to revisit the universe, which later resulted in what is now Jujutsu Kaisen, to which it retroactively became a prequel.

For those who have seen the first season of JJK anime, you might recall a side-character of Yuta Okkotsu, often mentioned and hyped up, but never actually shown besides few images. This story is all about him, the original protagonist, but also features popular current characters, such as the ever-beloved Satoru Gojo, as well as the Jujutsu Tech second years.

I personally didn't enjoy the source material as much as the main series, but there is quite a bit of potential here to flesh things out for a good shonen action movie. Some moments in the trailer already seem like brand new material, so it is promising.

I'm really hungry for more animated JJK and this will hold me over until season 2 lands.

My fave shonen anime right now. I'm a bit annoyed at this trend of making movies between seasons but I guess it will help with the animation quality.

My fave shonen anime right now. I'm a bit annoyed at this trend of making movies between seasons but I guess it will help with the animation quality.
To be fair, this is one "arc" that made the most sense as a movie adaptation.

I'm fairly confident they won't be retreading this in Season 2 either... hopefully.

I'm seriously excited for this film. I thought that Volume 0 was a really weird idea (and unfortunately I've seen a few people accidentally start with it) but I fell in love with it when I read it. I'm excited for the film!

Back
Top Bottom