• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Official Tweet Josef "fuck the oscars" Fares debut game, Brothers A Tale of Two Sons, is getting remade for PS5/Xbox Series/PC.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

disclaimer: i don't think he's actually directly involved with the remake outside of approving it.

yes, years before his infamous rant at The Game Awards. Fares created a highly emotional adventure game on PS3/360.
quite a few of his trademarks from later titles such as A Way Out (the source for the legendary rant) and It Takes Two (which referenced the legendary rant) are included, but it's most notable aspect is that it's not a Co-Op game.
rather, both brothers are controlled individually using one analog stick and one analog trigger.

this fully remastered version will be launching February 28, 2024.

I played Brothers on Steam a looong time ago. The end of that game is definitely a gut punch, that’s for sure.

Hard to believe the original’s already a decade old. Pretty sure it was my surprise 2013 personal GOTY.

I tried to get my brother to play it for a while back then and now he’s spending more time on both the PS5 and Steam Deck and really enjoyed playing It Takes Two with me, so maybe second round of recommendations will be the charm.

Back
Top Bottom