• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Jeremy Parish’s NES Works 131: TMNT

PixelKnight

Observing the process
Pronouns
He/Him

A good watch for anyone that was a fan of the series. Parish makes a couple of good points here. Firstly that the game went down well at the time, it mostly got taken apart by internet-era criticism. Secondly, at the time kids just didn’t finish that many video games (and players still don’t now). This rings true for me, I finish almost every game I play these days, but in the NES era of no saves and a handful of lives and continues, there were tons of games that just became so difficult in later stages to extend a 45 minute playthrough to trial-and-error memorisation over a period of weeks.

Bonus video- a few years old now but the first one on GB for comparison. I still love 2D platformers and really enjoy watching these videos on them that add a lot of context that’s often missed.,

It was a really solid episode. My first exposure to this game was the AVGN episode, and even then it never looked bad to me, even before realizing Rolfe was putting on an act. Parish does an incredible job contextualizing both this game's place in Konami's history as well as touching on the impact of the comics/cartoon.

Back
Top Bottom