• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Jeff Grubb: Koei Tecmo is making a game for EA

What Game They Making For EA

• Fifa Warriors

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Peggle Warriors

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Sims Warriors

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Dante's Inferno 2

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
I know they don't have the exclusive rights to making Star Wars games anymore, but a Star Wars Musou would be sick.

Awww yeah, Madden Warriors. Let's go!
This made me laugh harder than I care to admit.

It's just American Football but without the game stopping every 8 seconds after someone gets tackled, concussions be damned.

Echoing the Star Warriors sentiments here, considering KT has been begging for a chance to develop it for years.

I'd love KT to get their hands on Star Wars, lord knows they'd do better than EA ever did

That said, no need for EA to be apart of that equation anymore nor would it be EA Originals

I think it would be hilarious if instead of Star Wars Musou, as everybody, including myself, is expecting...

...they gave Team Ninja's Dead or Alive/fighting game squad something to do (since DOA6 is VERY dead) and finally make good on what Masters of Teras Kasi couldn't do: an actually good Star Wars fighting game!

I think it would be hilarious if instead of Star Wars Musou, as everybody, including myself, is expecting...

...they gave Team Ninja's Dead or Alive/fighting game squad something to do (since DOA6 is VERY dead) and finally make good on what Masters of Teras Kasi couldn't do: an actually good Star Wars fighting game!
…will I get banned for saying that I’d actually prefer this?

Masters of Teras Kasi w/jiggle physics & lots of extra costumes

…will I get banned for saying that I’d actually prefer this?
They'd have to do the same to me, too~!

Like, I'm sure Omega Force could bang out a quality Star Wars Musou with their eyes closed. But there's a big part of me that would both like to see another Star Wars fighting game being made (since Capcom ain't gonna make another Star Gladiator/Plasma Sword sequel any time soon), and I would like to see Team Ninja's fighting game development focus their energy elsewhere, since DOA is, well, DOA at this point.

Plus, unless the Lucasfilm story group is nuttier than I thought, a fighting game would be pretty much be a "noncanonical dream match" that'd just be an excuse for fan faves (and whomever else TN gets the go ahead to include) to go at each other in DOA's "fighting entertainment" style.

To this day, I'm still surprised Bamco or anybody else really capitalized on what SC4 did with including Vader, Yoda and Starkiller.

"So, of all the Star Wars characters to choose from, why the focus on Darth Talon and Aayla Secura?"

"My man, what part of "developed by Team Ninja" is hard to understand?
“Look they already have like twelve costume sets for them. All of them are labeled esports appropriate.”

Surely someone watched the clip? It's a New IP.
Maybe that's only implied in the clip actually but it's said outright if you watch the full conversation.
But besides that, EA having sole rights to make Star Wars games is ending in less than a year so if someone wanted to make a Star Wars fighting game it wouldn't need to be through them.

Last edited:
Surely someone watched the clip? It's a New IP.
Maybe that's only implied in the clip actually but it's said outright if you watch the full conversation.
But besides that, EA having sole rights to make Star Wars games is ending in less than a year so if someone wanted to make a Star Wars fighting game it wouldn't need to be through them.

Cheekiness and all fan-wanking aside...

I do think that if it were to actually happen, Koei Tecmo would probably still want a "partner" in such a venture. Whether it be a first party (like they did with Nintendo and MUA3), or another, larger 3rd party collaborator (like they often do with Bamco). Even with Koei Tecmo doing well for themselves, they're still "small" enough that they'd desire somebody to be on hand to both offset the risk/costs, as well as to help them with publishing on a global scale.

But hey, who knows? Maybe Lucasfilm Games showing more signs of being proactive with their licensing in this post-EA Star Wars world is a good sign.

I know they don't have the exclusive rights to making Star Wars games anymore, but a Star Wars Musou would be sick.
It really would be. Piledriving through horders of StormTroopers as various Jedi Heroes would be rad as all hell. Not to mention Vader in the Lu Bu role as the unstoppable juggernaut.

What if it's not from Omega Force, what if they went for Ruby party and you can finally have an otome game where you can finally date a bishounen John Madden?

apparently this has been in the origin api for a few weeks now?
OywFHOt.png

star wars warriors seems like the obvious answer, especially since they admitted that's the one ip they especially want to turn into a musou. but the new setup for that ip means they wouldn't have to go to ea to make it.

Star Warriors sounds so silly yet makes so much sense.

But isn't this going to be a new IP?

Very into the idea.

Worried EA will ruin everything with their corporate BS mentality as usual.
I'll be honest. As much as I usually dig Koei Tecmo, as a whole? At their worst, they really don't need the "help" from EA.

You'd need only check out how DOA5 and DOA6 did their DLC "seasons" to see how obnoxious they could be.

Star Wars Warrios can replicate this scene..

btw, if Koei-Tecmo is the developer, its likely the title will come to Switch…

I'll be honest. As much as I usually dig Koei Tecmo, as a whole? At their worst, they really don't need the "help" from EA.

You'd need only check out how DOA5 and DOA6 did their DLC "seasons" to see how obnoxious they could be.

When they work for another publisher they tend to be less shitty with the DLC, or rather let the publisher decide.

I'm not concerned on the monetization cause i think this is one of those projects where EA wants to look cool, but rather on the concept and execution.

EA is one of the most western company in the way they see and make games definitely more driven by the sales potential, while japanese devs tend to make
a game based on their creative vision rather than based on what's trending.

The behind the scenes on how Shadows of the Damned came to be are all you need to know about EA. But hopefully this turns out good, i think they could team up for a Monster Hunter-like for example, if EA wants a MH Rise/World competitor but realizes they need a japanese developer to pull it off.

Back
Top Bottom