• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Serious James McCaffrey, the iconic voice actor for Max Payne and other Remedy characters. has passed away.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

there was some initial confusion on if it was another person with the same name, but Variety got confirmation from his manager. the cause was reportedly multiple myeloma.

his importance to ensuring Remedy would become a legendary developer cannot be understated, while he wasn't the live-action model for the character (at least until 3, at which point Remedy was no longer involved with the series.) his voice, pulled from the streets of New York. would become an iconic part of the series identity. with him continuing to play a valuable role in all future Remedy projects afterwards.

I’m sure that they can go forward without him, but I have no doubt that Remedy would not be where they are today without his talent. May he rest in peace and his memory live on forever.

Man, fuck cancer.

I just finished NG+ on Alan Wake 2 last night, and he did a hell of a job in that game. I'm gutted by this, but at least he went out on a very high note.

Heard about it yesterday, and was pretty bummed to hear. One of the most iconic voices in video game history.

What's strange though is I literally just started playing Control on PS4 the night before he passed away. Now I have to see it through.

Very sad news, he had a voice that just fitted the roles that Remedy threw at him. His performance in Alan Wake 2 is a great final one. RIP

BAFTA Awards Tribute

😢
plenty of other creators were shown during this, but the music choice is particularly pointed.

“Late Goodbye” and it’s appearance in Max Payne 2 was the first time Remedy hired Finnish band Poets Of The Fall to compose music for their games, a collaboration which would become one of the mainstays for the company alongside James himself.

Back
Back
Top Bottom