• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Retro I've been collecting and archiving raw game trailers and videos, and you can help!

Who is this guy in their 2002 conference? Peter ???

Peter MacDougall
Executive VP of Sales and Marketing at Nintendo of America. Formerly the President of Nintendo of Canada for twelve years, Peter MacDougall assumed Peter Main's lofty NOA position earlier this year.

Interesting, and was president in my neck of the woods yet I never knew. Also that version you posted is a now outdated 1080p version of mine. :p The 4K60 version is right above with Resident Evil 0 in the thumbnail.

Well, forget the new year's drop. I found a HQ interlaced version of the Wii montage video and more from E3 2006, but the damn deinterlacing isn't working with the .avi files well at all.

So instead just grab the actual files here:

I finally uploaded Sony's E3 2004 conference which took 4 days from upload to finish fully processing alone.

And I had to put a special warning because good god what is that intro?!

Last edited:
Microsoft's 2004 conference is still processing, but the 2005's upload is delayed due to my internet fucking up again and just won't let me upload the damn video without issues. Hopefully when I try again after it's safe to, the thing will finish before it clunks out again.

Microsoft's 2004 conference is still processing, but the 2005's upload is delayed due to my internet fucking up again and just won't let me upload the damn video without issues. Hopefully when I try again after it's safe to, the thing will finish before it clunks out again.
keep up the awesome work, its comforting to know that other people care about preserving this shit, and the stuff you’ve been uploading has been pristine

Internet's flat out down so yeah, no-go for a bit. Hopefully tomorrow or so things will be back to normal. I've been processing more 4K60 vids to make up for the downtime. Sorry folks. The MS 2004 conference might be done processing but it's harder to check on mobile and a pain to fill the description with the usual stuff, so I'll just wait until stuff is normal again. Sorry about that folks.

I'm alive! :D

Here's MS' 2004 conference at last:

Hopefully I can upload the 2005 one without issue this time!

Last edited:
Lots of vids coming in! Rather than post them all, just click this one to see the playlist as they pop up!

First as you can see is Custom Robo GX from E3 2002, this is the only time we ever saw the English version as it was cancelled for some reason,

Up next will be Roll-o-Rama and Stage Debut, also from E3 2002!

Edit: Roll-o-Rama is up!
Edit 2: Stage Debut is up! Up next is Sonic DS from E3 2004 and E3 2003 stuff (Pokemon Colossem, Sonic Adventure DX, and Sonic Heroes).
Edit 3: Sonic DS is up!
Edit 4: Pokémon Colosseum and Sonic Adventure DX are up!
Edit 5: Sonic Heroes and Dead Phoenix are up!

Now I finally restarted the upload for MS' E3 2005 conference which again will take DAYS (at least roughly 24 hours just to upload alone). Wish me luck! :p

Also I uploaded to Internet Archive the raw files of the E3 2002 and 2003 vids I posted today:

Custom Robo GX
Roll-o-Rama
Stage Debut
Pokémon Colosseum
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Heroes

Last edited:
Good news; the MS 2005 conference finished uploading! Now to wait a good while until the processing finishes (could take 2 days).

Got lots of trailer vids coming. Remember the GameCube preview DVD that I think came with a Nintendo Power issue (or was it given out by a retailer in NA?)? đź‘€

I found an upload of the E3 2002 DVD! I've put up 9 of the GC trailers so far!

I had to skip over Dragon's Lair 3D because the encoding's borked where the deinterlacing won't work properly (it gets wobbly), so without a satisfactory means of doing it properly, I felt it best to leave it out for now. I have a shorter version of it from the GC Preview DVD that seems to be in much nicer quality anyway.

It's weird how a lot of the trailers here look like they're in worse quality than the ones in the E3 2001 DVD by the same company (Nextgenvideos.com). So bizarre. Also sadly no rare stuff like Stage Debut or Roll-o-Rama. Luckily Planet GameCube (Nintendo World Report) has us covered there (here and here).

Phew. Made a lot of uploads over the past week!

First I uploaded all of the GC trailers from the E3 2002 DVD except one; the Dragon's Lair 3D trailer. That one just would not work with the dgbob function that I use to deinterlace the vid properly. The result gets very wobbly no matter what I do. The encoding or whatever must be borked on this one. Oh well, I substituted that one with the better quality but shorter version from the GC Preview DVD anyway in the playlist.

Next I started uploading more GC vids from the E3 2003 DVD! Only 8 so far, there's quite a lot to go through. Man the 1080 and F-Zero GX vids really shine here in glorious 60fps!

Finally I just finished uploading those four HD vids of The Grinder by IGN from E3 2009:

So over the last 7 days I've yet again been busy filling up the E3 2003 playlist. Now at a whooping 38 GC trailers!

Sadly I have to exclude the Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes one as that, like Dragon's Lair 3D before it, does NOT play nice with the dgbob deinterlacer for some reason. That's a shame. :(

They (well I) said it couldn't be done, but I did it! All 50 GC trailers from the E3 2003 DVD are up, including Twin Snakes!

I guess what I thought was wobbly was deliberate in places? It was just the 2D elements in the trailer but the 3D bits look just fine. It's not like Dragon's Lair 3D which was wobbly like, everywhere. So I decided to do it anyway and it seemed to turn out fine in the end. What do you think?

All 4K60 Upscale Playlist Collections Thus far
Did I not make a threadmarked collection post yet? Here you go!

E3 Conferences (4K60 Upscale) - 9 vids so far

HD IGN Insider Videos (4K60 Upscale) - 20 vids so far

Sega TGS 2005 DVD (4K60 Upscale) - 32 vids - Completed

Capcom Special DVD: Tokyo Game Show 2005 (4K60 Upscale) - 13 vids so far

Nintendo GameCube Preview DVD (4K60 Upscale) - 36 vids - Completed

(E3 2001) The Future of Videogames Vol. 1 DVD - GameCube (4K60 Upscale) - 13 vids - Completed

(E3 2001) The Future of Videogames Vol. 1 DVD - Dreamcast (4K60 Upscale) - 15 vids - Completed

(E3 2002) The Future of Videogames Vol. 2 DVD - GameCube (4K60 Upscale) - 31 vids - *Completed (1 vid exception, see description)

(E3 2003) The Future Of Video Games 2K4 DVD - GameCube (4K60 Upscale) - 50 vids - Completed

(E3 2003) The Future Of Video Games 2K4 DVD - Game Boy Advance (4K60 Upscale) - 17 vids - Completed

(E3 2004) E3 Access: The Future of Video Games DVD - GameCube (4K60 Upscale) - 32 vids - Completed

(E3 2004) E3 Access: The Future of Video Games DVD - Nintendo DS (4K60 Upscale) - 9 vids - Completed

(E3 2004) E3 Access: The Future of Video Games DVD - Game Boy Advance (4K60 Upscale) - 11 vids - Completed

(E3 2005) E3 Access 2005 DVD - GameCube (4K60 Upscale) - 18 vids - Completed

(E3 2005) E3 Access 2005 DVD - Nintendo DS (4K60 Upscale) - 21 vids - Completed

(E3 2005) E3 Access 2005 DVD - Game Boy Advance (4K60 Upscale) - 8 vids - Completed

(E3 2005) E3 Access 2005 DVD - Extras (4K60 Upscale) - 4 vids so far

I also have my 4K Upscaled Videos playlist that's more for singular vids and some prior uploads that will eventually go into their own playlists.

Last edited:
Phew, I've been busy (pretend to be shocked)!

Not only have I been filling out the Capcom TGS 2005 DVD playlist finally, but I also uploaded a few of the extra vids from the E3 2005 DVD (most in it are a bit borked as tey warn so don't expect them all). But ALSO I've uploaded some pretty nifty stuff aside.

First is the debut trailer of Sonic Adventure 2 from E3 2000 (did a lot of color/contrast tweaking as it was washed out and oversaturated):

I also uploaded beta vids of Shadow the Hedgehog, including my fav one as it features music from my fav film of all time:

I also uploaded the E3 2014 trailer for Bayo 2 (the 60fps version!):

AND the debut trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles from E3 2009:

Make sure to keep an eye on the 4K upscaled vids playlist as I put all singular vids in it that don't have their own playlist for the time being.

Almost two weeks later. Let's see what I've brought since!

On individual vids, I finally uploaded the original leaked trailer of Sonic Unleashed:

And that beta video of Crash of the Titans which was our first ever look at footage:

More to come. Hope you like Giant Enemy Crabs. đź‘€

Hell yes, you remastered the iconic tag bumpers too.

Clearly, this is the biggest release in the entire thread. :cool:

I'm hoping to find more early DVDs to rip trailers from. The Disney Gold Classic Collection line and maybe even the earlier Limited Release line might be fruitful. Also note Robin Hood DVD from the Gold Classic Collection (where these all came from) was Mono-only for some reason. I'm not 100% certain if any of these had Stereo releases.

But also the Limited Release bunch concerningly may not even have trailers at all? I've yet to see one in person or even on YouTube to sample. The Lion King II: Simba's Pride Limited Release/GCC version is a bit of a white whale for me as I HOPE it comes with the OG home release trailer.. and even BETTER if I can ever track down a DVD version of this godly teaser:

Best teaser I've ever seen. Glorious.

I have a mission for all of you. And I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty sure it's going to be as close to impossible as you can get without it being impossible. I know it's not impossible, because I found a video online..... Once.

There is a franchise directed by Kenji Eno named D, it's second game is called enemy zero. It released, it was ok. But far more interesting than the game, is the story of the game, and the sickest burn in videogame history. It was first revealed in 1996 at the PlayStation expo in Tokyo, as a playstation exclusive, and raved about as the highlight of the show.... BUT Eno had a bone to pick with Sony about the sales of his LAST game and Sony's marketing rules.

So unknown to ANYBODY at the end of his PlayStation exclusive game trailer, at the Sony PlayStation expo, he revealed he would be switching the game from a PlayStation exclusive to a Saturn exclusive, by having the giant PlayStation logo at the end of the video, morph into a Sega Saturn logo, to the sounds of the crowd going nuts.

This moment must be preserved.

I have a mission for all of you. And I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty sure it's going to be as close to impossible as you can get without it being impossible. I know it's not impossible, because I found a video online..... Once.

There is a franchise directed by Kenji Eno named D, it's second game is called enemy zero. It released, it was ok. But far more interesting than the game, is the story of the game, and the sickest burn in videogame history. It was first revealed in 1996 at the PlayStation expo in Tokyo, as a playstation exclusive, and raved about as the highlight of the show.... BUT Eno had a bone to pick with Sony about the sales of his LAST game and Sony's marketing rules.

So unknown to ANYBODY at the end of his PlayStation exclusive game trailer, at the Sony PlayStation expo, he revealed he would be switching the game from a PlayStation exclusive to a Saturn exclusive, by having the giant PlayStation logo at the end of the video, morph into a Sega Saturn logo, to the sounds of the crowd going nuts.

This moment must be preserved.
LOL WOW!!! Sadly I've never seen this and I wouldn't know how to obtain it sadly. Maybe you can ask folks at Era (sorry if this is a no-no to say mods) like xir and Bloodworth as both were at GameTrailers who went to Japanese conferences and events and recorded videos at them. This sounds fairly obscure, but perhaps you can get SOME sort of lead? Best of luck!

Edit: xir is also here on twitter.

Two more 60fps Platinum goodies!

My teaser last time got delayed. After days of processing, it got killed at around 75% due to not enough HDD space... I knew I should've cleared room. :(

But, I now have a new project I can finally do now that I have seemingly the right tools. Hope you're into furry, possibly looney characters that are allergic to the word "TIMBERRRRRR!!!"! đź‘€

Been a long time since I posted in this, been mostly keeping things posted at Era instead.

LOTS of stuff since. My IGN HD collection is multiple times bigger at over 80 vids now, with lots being of TGS 2008 Wii demo vids, plus some from E for All (remember that from 2007?).

Plus I added another, honestly better version of Nintendo's E3 2006 conference. It's off camera, but it's more raw and has much less jaggies:

And I uploaded the original 700MB+ .mov of the first Sonic Unleashed Wii trailer:

I still need to upload the original files of a lot of recent uploads onto Internet Archive, but I wanted to focus on YouTube uploads for the past week.

Well here's a neat surprise for you all; me and wolftendo at Install Base worked together to find, buy, and rip Nintendo DREAM's E3 2006 DVD! Well wolftendo did all of that, but after passing the .iso to me, I did my thing, and it's all here!

Yet another recording of the E3 2006 conference (my 3rd version of it lol), plus the awesome Wii line-up vid, and a bunch of DS trailers!

But honestly my fav has to be this one:

I don't think there's been such a high quality tour of Nintendo's E3 2006 section at 60fps. It's like being there, holy fuck! o_O

Enjoy my friends! And of course I uploaded the .iso rip of the DVD for all to enjoy!

Updates!

Biggest is that I FINALLY obtained a rip of the covered Nintendo DREAM: Nintendo Fall Conference 2007 DVD via wolftendo at Install Base, but after a week's of work, I ripped and (not AI) 4K60 upscaled the conference itself and every trailer onto YouTube! Plus here's the .iso rip of the DVD via Internet Archive:

Aside from that, I've also uploaded stuff from Spaceworld 2000 and E3 2001.

The former is the FULL Super Mario 128 demo vid from IGN TV:

Next is the "The Nintendo Difference" trailer from Nintendo's own E3 2001 site:

Also from the latter; multiple Kameo GC vids from IGN (from this one and below it in the playlist):

Thank Unseen64 for the above vids!

Also in the IGN list are a few other things; a couple of High Voltage stuff, the HD version of an off-screen grab of the FF13 360 reveal trailer that marked the end of the age of Sony and created many experts in Japanese culture, and finally seemingly a near if not full vid of the original E3 2006 Spore demo. You know, back when it looked SICK.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom