• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News It Takes Two announced for Nintendo Switch, releasing November 4th (out now!)

mazi

picross pundit

A prominent leaker has dropped another hint for an upcoming port for the Nintendo Switch. The Snitch is a prominent leaker in the gaming world, and following their leak of Assassins Creed: Odyssey yesterday, they’re now hinting at a port for It Takes Two on the Nintendo Switch – the only platform that is still void of the game.

it-takes-two-nintendognfwe.jpg

Last edited:
Been waiting for a Switch release, and I'm glad that patience paid off

This game is fantastic! This will be a hit with Nintendo fans I think. Just make sure to have a friend or a partner with you as you can't play it solo (unless you have four arms). I played it with my little sister, and we both enjoyed it immensely.

Legit wanted this and searched for it on the eShop months ago, and was actually baffled it wasn’t on there, as the game’s co-op sounded perfect for splitting the joycons and playing together.

About time, also I did have a good chuckle when the Family GotY at TGAs wasn't on a Nintendo platform.

Whoa. This game is absolutely gorgeous. I'm surprised they're able to cut it down enough to get it on Switch.

Why do you hate it?
it has some of the worst/most irritating writing I've seen in a game, so bad that I couldn't enjoy the fun co-op gimmicks and ended up just putting it down halfway through

it has some of the worst/most irritating writing I've seen in a game, so bad that I couldn't enjoy the fun co-op gimmicks and ended up just putting it down halfway through
Worse than Child of Light?

Its good to have it on a console i actually own more than one controller for lol

Just remember despite it winning best family game this game is not suitable for all children. I have seen a lot of parents with traumatized children for allowing them to play this game.

Too little too late, I played it on the xCloud :p

It's pretty fun and creative even though the story setup itself is not that great, and, well, it's a co-op platformer so it's at home on Switch

If we're taking the Snitch's word for it, this all but solidifies the already confirmed upcoming Nintendo Direct

One of the best games of 2021 - probably next to Dread this would be my favorite game of the year.

It's also IMO the best looking game of the new generation for me, the art, the colors the design so pretty.
Hopefully the port is good.

Not gonna happen but ... Would be wild if Fares was in the Direct to present it.

Like, genuinely wild. Knowing how much he loves Nintendo, he would be all giddy over the opportunity of being in a Direct.

Only thing I would suggest is, if you're playing with a nongaming partner, make sure they play as the dad. The mom's mechanics call for precision more often than not, while the dads are more forgiving.

Really fantastic and varied game that is way up the alley of the audience here imo. Held back a bit by a pretty flimsy narrative with a bit of a naive take on romance.

Not gonna happen but ... Would be wild if Fares was in the Direct to present it.

Like, genuinely wild. Knowing how much he loves Nintendo, he would be all giddy over the opportunity of being in a Direct.
I would like that a lot. Bring his own energy to the Direct format lol.

Honestly it seems like such a no-brainer for the Switch I am shocked it took this long. Playing handheld co-op on two different switches while sitting side by side could be fun.

I truly hate this game but it does seem like a good fit for switch

Hate is a strong word. I would agree that it is overrated though.

I think the co-op is done well, but some of the mechanics overstay their welcome. I had played A Way Out before this game, so the co-op "gimmick" didn't win me over as much I think it did with other people playing this type of experience for the first time.

I would still recommend it to most. But with the caveat that the story is just... predictable and poorly handled. Kinda like A Way Out, but at least there it was somewhat goofy to the point it was humorous at times. It just becomes annoying how lacking it is in It Takes Two.

Awesome, been looking for a new co-op game to play with my partner now we've finished Yoshi's Crafted World, and I like what I've seen of this so far.
As others have already said, the game is such an obvious fit for the Switch that it feels like an oversight that it wasn't released on it from the start.

This will not scale down well.

Given it sticks to 60fps mostly on the PS4 and Xbox One, a solid port should be possible in the hands of a competent developer with adequate resources.

It runs on Unreal Engine 4, which has a long history of scaling well to the Switch in titles like Hellblade, Claybook, Dragon Quest 11, Bright Memory Infinite, FIST Forged In Shadow Torch, Crash Bandicoot 4, Rogue Company, etc, and nothing I've seen of it so far looks beyong the capabilities of the Switch considering it can run games like Witcher 3, Dying Light, World War Z, etc.

A lot will depend on who is behind the port and whether they were given the necessary time and manpower, but just based on the technical makeup of the game itself, I don't see why it couldn't be ported well.

Seems the port was done by Turn Me Up, who previously handled the Switch ports of the Borderlands Collection, Journey to the Savage Planet, and the Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 + 2 remakes.

The story is a real mixed bag but the gameplay, graphics, etc are all top-notch. Seems like the visuals took a real hit in the port, but if this is the way people have to play it, it's still a great time.

Back
Top Bottom