• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Is the Xenoblade 3 DLC the best DLC ever made?

?

• Total voters

LitKai

Tektite
Banned
Pronouns
Hmmm
For me it is as good as the Xenoblade 2 DLC.

In terms of quality I think the Xenoblade 3 DLC is better but in quantity the Xenoblade 2 DLC wins. Both DLCs are the best DLCs ever made in my opinion.

I know of other DLCs that are very good but I don't think they are as good as the Xenoblade DLCs. Monster Hunter, The Witcher 3, Final Fantasy...

Maybe you think Tears of the Kingdom is the best DLC? /s

No. Mario Kart 8's DLC will forever be the best DLC of all time.

Stupidly good value for the money.

I think it's good, but I thought Torna had a better collection of music. Not counting rhythm games like Rock Band or Theaterythm, I still think Smash is the king of adding music via dlc. As a reminder the dlc added songs from the following series

Persona
Dragon Quest
Banjo Kazooie
Final Fight/KoF
Fire Emblem
Arms
Minecraft
Final Fantasy
Xenoblade
Tekken
Kingdom Hearts

That list could reasonable be most of someone's top 10 favorite gaming ip based upon their ost.

Edit: I have no idea why I thought this thread was focused on dlc music, the caffeine hadn't kicked in yet

Last edited:
I would say so, but only because I cannot think of Monster Hunter expansions as DLC. The G rank expansions used to be released as standalone games and are more akin to MMO expansions than traditional DLC. Monster Hunter GU and Sunbreak are just amazing.

I think the octo expansion is the best DLC I’ve played.
Both Xenoblade ganes have excellent DLC but I think octo expansion was really special and honestly a big surprise because I didn’t expect such an amazing campaign from splatoon

I havent played Xeno 3 DLC yet (plan to during the summer), so I cannot argue about it. But I raise you Splatoon 2 Octo expansion, have you played it? It's filled to the brim with wild and creative level design that made the previous 2 campaigns pale in comparison. It also laid the groundwork for Splatoon 3's campaign, which would continue along the same path, but it is up for debate which one is better.

Maybe also MK8D: Booster Course Pass? While it started off rather rough, the quality of every wave after the first one has subsequently increased and it is wondrous how much stuff you get for the price. They even started adding characters now!

Anyways, I know this post doesn't bring that much to the table, as I havent even played the Xeno 3 DLC yet, but it's more to bring eyes to other great DLCs. That said, I'm really looking forward to playing it eventually, probably would have played it sooner if it wasn't released so close to TotK.

It was a time before the term DLC existed, but Brood Wars for StarCraft is kind of a big deal. But in a modern sense I can't think of another DLC I've gotten as into as Future Redeemed.

Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course and Final Fantasy VII Remake: Episode Intermission are in my opinion the best DLCs ever

It’s difficult to compare across so many different games and genres. Is it among the best DLC for RPGs and single-player adventure games? Yes.

But I don’t think you can go much further than that.

How would you even compare Xenoblade DLC to Mario Kart DLC?

I had more fun with the Xenoblade 2 DLC Blades. The DLC Heroes in Xenoblade 3 did not do much for me.

And on a grander scale there is so much better DLC overall.

I think the FROMSoft DLCs deserve a shout-out: Artorias of the Abyss, The Old Hunters, and all the Dark Souls 2 DLCs are fantastic, while the ones for Dark Souls 3 are also quite good.

Witcher 3's Hearts of Stone + Blood & Wine (especially this one) and FROM's Old Hunters, Artorias of the Abyss and maybe Ringed City too are all better IMO.
Sunbreak and Iceborne if you want to count those but I guess those should be classified as expansions.

Edit: Shivering Isles is really good too.

It’s difficult to compare across so many different games and genres. Is it among the best DLC for RPGs and single-player adventure games? Yes.

Waifus.

The same way one could say "I like Xenoblade better than Mario Kart." before DLC, even though they're totally different.

I'm not done with it yet, but I don't think it's as good as future connected or torna
The feeling that Future Connected gave me can only be described as peace. I'm glad we are finally going to be able to listen to Beyond the Sky acoustic version without Melia speaking.

I would say it -- and Monolithsoft's DLC efforts in general -- are way, way up there! I think my personal favourite one might be Bloodborne's The Old Hunters DLC. Some of the wildest and most memorable bosses in a FromSoft game, some of the best areas, they added lots of cool new weapons (THE WHIRLIGIG) that made revisiting the base content feel fresh as well, and you could finally go literal beast mode! Felt like a lot packed into what was (I think?) a $20 DLC

Here are several DLCs I can name off the top of my head that in my opinion are far better:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass
2. Bloodborne - The Old Hunters
3. Dark Souls III - Ashes of Ariandel & The Ringed City
4. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Torna ~ The Golden Country
5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Tears of the Kingdom expansion

Do updated rereleases count? Cause Pokémon Platinum and Persona 5 Royal blow this out of the water.

Also Negan in Tekken 7

No, it's not even the best Xenoblade DLC.
The best is either Torna, Bloodborne's The old Hunters and DS3 Ringed city.
Here are several DLCs I can name off the top of my head that in my opinion are far better:

417453.jpg

I have good news for you about Xenoblade 3
I mean the playthrough. I almost know all the sentences of some moments, like when "Carrying the Weight of Life" plays or the last battle to give some examples.

it's certainly up there, as is Torna

personally i'd probably say Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal if I had to pick just one in an all time sense

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass
2. Bloodborne - The Old Hunters
3. Dark Souls III - Ashes of Ariandel & The Ringed City
4. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Torna ~ The Golden Country
Disappointed at no Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I prefer Torna, though both it and FuRe are incredible. Also if we're talking content for value, as others have stated, the original MK8 DLC is unbeatable

Back
Top Bottom