• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Is The Switch 2 Something You're Getting ASAP, Waiting for It To Build Its Library, Or Waiting For A Specific Title That interests you?

when are getting a Switch 2

• Total voters
ASAP. Nintendo built up a large reserve of goodwill for me with the Switch so I'm sure I'll be immediately happy with my purchase. I'm sure it'll have a very strong launch lineup

Day one.

Been playing my launch Switch for seven years. It’s time for something new. The little guy needs some rest.

I got the Switch on the midnight release with botw and Fast Racing RMX on the Switch eshop on day one. I didint regret it then. Even when I finally beat botw and I was kinda in a game drought I just waited and played games on my Wii U while I waited on things like Super Mario Odyssey, and Mario kart 8 deluxe.

Now that the Switch 2 is backwards compatible with switch 1? I 100% buy the Switch 2 at launch and Sell my Switch 1 immediately after to get more cash to get for games and accessories for Switch 2.

But umm actually idk if anyone reads this but I have a problem now

Switch 1 launch I went to the midnight release at gamestop where I reserved my system and got it while waiting in line with my number.

Now in 2024 that gamestop is closed and the nearest game store to me is about 4 hours away.

I have a Walmart could I pre order it from there? Or is my best bet amazon or nintendo.com?

Or i mean if i absolute have to I guess I can drive 4 hours and get a hotel room for the night and then wait in line at my nearest game store like 8 towns away lmfao.

Im absolutely lost on how im gonna get the Switch 2 at luanch this time cuz the lack of a gamestop or any game store near me or best buy really has me scratching my head how tf am I gonna get it this time xD

There'll probably be some new launch title that will catch my eye, so yeah.

I've gotten every Nintendo console in my adult life day 1 (Wii, Wii U, and Switch) and this will be no different. Despite playing more Xbox and Playstation nothing excites me like a Nintendo launch. It makes me feel like a kid again and now that I have a wife and kids, it has become a family thing. Heck, if there's a good local co-op game, I might even get a couple of extra controllers and have a little get together party that 1st weekend. I have fond memories of doing that when the Wii came out and having a lot of fun playing Wii Sports with my family.

Probably day 1. So long as it's got backwards compatibility and/or something big at launch like 3D Mario or Mario Kart, that'd be enough to get me

heck, if Legends Z-A comes out cross-gen but it actually runs well on Switch 2, that'd also probably do it for me

I never had money to buy a console ASAP, the Switch 2 is the first time in my life I can afford that luxury.

So asap it is.

Waiting for at least one must play game, but assuming it comes with 3D Mario or Mario Kart, that will be on launch day anyway lol

Day whenever it's available without scalpers (it took me 4 months to be able to get a switch 1)

Day 1, it seems Nintendo has moved all the pieces to make a succeful console and not do a repeat of the Wii U.

Day 1 provided i'm not broke when it comes out. I don't need to wait when it comes to nintendo systems, I know for a fact that they will always have games that I want to play. From here on out i'm PC/Nintendo anyway, didnt and have no interest in buying a Playstation 5 or Xbox Series

I definitely won't be buying it day one. I'm a little bit paranoid about getting a console day one because of any possible hardware problems that could arise (Xbox red circle of death being the most famous example, lmao). If there isn't any issue, I'll consider getting it when it's 1 or 1.5 years-old...

Or when they release a next-gen exclusivc Fire Emblem

Last edited:
I can only think of one console I bought at launch (the Nintendo DS) but if it launches with a new 3D Mario I'll be doing what I can to get it ASAP.

Only way I'm not getting one Day of Release is if it's stupidly expensive or impossible to find.

It depends on what games will be available Day One. But since I'm pretty confident the Switch 2 will be coming attached to one or more must-play Nintendo games (probably a new 3D Mario), it's safe to say it'll be Day One for me.

I'm always at a Nintendo console day 1 lol. I'll be pre-ordering my system the moment wario64 tweets a link for it.

I'll buy it as soon as it becomes easy to do so, and assuming that 1) it's backward compatible and 2) there aren't any serious launch problems, like the left Joy-Con. And I'll sell my current OLED ASAP too, while it still worth something, to cover the gap.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to wait for

in there day uno. midnight launch for sure. gonna take some time off around the launch

I'm a Mario addictive. So, I don't need to wait. i know Mario will be there and I will buy it to have my Mario doses.

i'll buy it as soon as it has enough games out that I really want to play that it feels worth the cost to me

in practice that probably means i'll buy one as soon as it has two of a new Mario Kart/Xenoblade/Fire Emblem

I followed that same exact rule of thumb with the Switch and it ended up being a couple years before I bought one, this time I think it'll probably be a bit less than that because they'll probably release a new Mario Kart early in the consoles life this time instead of what they did with the Switch where they just ported the Wii U one I had already played and I didn't even buy it until the booster course pass

Last edited:
I missed a lot of good switch exclusives (haven't bought a game for it in years) so I'm in no rush. I'll wait for a first party game I really wanna play unless they do "upgrades" for older titles for free. Could still end up being day1 depending on what comes out with it.

I go back and forth but ultimately I'll probably be there day one or first weekend if I can find it. I was going wait for the Switch and just play BoTW on the Wii U but I ended up caving quickly.

Depends on the value proposition and software lineup.

IF and only if they position most of their Switch 2 titles as cross-gen games and they rely heavily on Switch remasters, I'd hold off for a while. But that's the only thing that'd make me wait

Just to replace my day one Switch it would be worth it, so I am day one unless I am not able to get one due to preorders issues.

I have a launch Switch still, so it's begging for an upgrade. I'll probably get the next iteration when it launches, too.

if they secretly released it a month ago and never told anyone till now, i would build a time machine to go back in time and get it stat.

ASAP. Nintendo would have to flounder on their mainline franchises for a considerable period for me to no longer anticipate the newest releases, and I'm assuming the successor will launch with a flagship.

Back
Top Bottom