• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Is SEGA possibly teasing Dreamcast 2 at The Game Awards?

What if instead of something bad it's, like, a Chao Garden? In 2024?!

iu

I WOULD CRY AND PRE-ORDER

Tee Lopes got one of those invitation envelopes as well:

Jokes aside (as Lopes would confirm a few hours later), this does remind me of Sega's leaked presentation which stated there was indeed one more Sonic title for 2024. Given the circumstances, it's unlikely that Sonic Team could bang out another platformer soon after Frontiers, and makes me think it's time for another spinoff.

It would then be a matter of if the various things circling the drain (re: the likes of 4chan) might end up being right or not.

Honestly, it doesn't even have to be Virtua Fighter specifically. It being sent out to fighting game players certainly implies things, and VF is their "main" fighting game series, but Sega has other fighting games.
"New Era, New Energy" doesn't seem like it'd be for a by the numbers Virtua Fighter 6, if it is Virtua Fighter, it sounds like they'd be going for a timeskip, changed roster, or even just a reboot.

The more I think about it, if it is Virtua Fighter, it'd make that japan only VF3 port even weirder, but maybe that's why it's only Japan.
There is a Sega fighting game series that I think could absolutely use a reboot to give it a more modern energy, and that's Fighting Vipers. I mean, think about it, the series was made to be more popular in the west compared to Virtua Fighter, even if that didn't really work cause, yknow, Saturn and dying arcades.

Or it could be a new Eternal Champions or some dumb shit, I dunno.

Honestly, it doesn't even have to be Virtua Fighter specifically. It being sent out to fighting game players certainly implies things, and VF is their "main" fighting game series, but Sega has other fighting games.
"New Era, New Energy" doesn't seem like it'd be for a by the numbers Virtua Fighter 6, if it is Virtua Fighter, it sounds like they'd be going for a timeskip, changed roster, or even just a reboot.

The more I think about it, if it is Virtua Fighter, it'd make that japan only VF3 port even weirder, but maybe that's why it's only Japan.
There is a Sega fighting game series that I think could absolutely use a reboot to give it a more modern energy, and that's Fighting Vipers. I mean, think about it, the series was made to be more popular in the west compared to Virtua Fighter, even if that didn't really work cause, yknow, Saturn and dying arcades.

Or it could be a new Eternal Champions or some dumb shit, I dunno.
If they were going to do a new fighting game, separate from VF, I imagine there's really only three options. One is using Sonic (again), the other is a brand new IP, and the last is grand celebration of Sega to the tune of Fighters Megamix.

I could see any of three potentially going over well. Sonic would obviously be a thing that'd get immediate eyes from a larger audience, just because of the characters involved. Perhaps it'd be worth it, though, if it means AM2's involvement would mean it'd be guaranteed to see the likes of Bean, Bark and Honey again.

100% Dreamcast 2, launching with a new and exclusive Shenmue IV. Seaman is a personal assistant on the OS, and he also will snidely comment on the games that you're playing and how badly you're playing them. You can't turn this feature off
Exclusive Shenmue 3. That Babby's First Unreal Engine Game doesn't count. (yes I backed it on Kickstarter and saying this makes me sad)

Last edited:
If they were going to do a new fighting game, separate from VF, I imagine there's really only three options. One is using Sonic (again), the other is a brand new IP, and the last is grand celebration of Sega to the tune of Fighters Megamix.

I could see any of three potentially going over well. Sonic would obviously be a thing that'd get immediate eyes from a larger audience, just because of the characters involved. Perhaps it'd be worth it, though, if it means AM2's involvement would mean it'd be guaranteed to see the likes of Bean, Bark and Honey again.
Persona 5 Arena is also an option, we know it's in some level of development

Persona 5 Arena is also an option, we know it's in some level of development
True, but I think that if it was another Atlus/ArcSys thing, it would probably just hail from that side of things.

This specific thing has been teased by the guy running the @SEGA and @RGGGroup twitter accounts. So, it looks like, whatever this is, it's going to be more an internal thing.

So with Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi coming back, does this count as a win for this thread or..?

Back
Top Bottom