• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Interesting video about NES Tetris

ah yes, the dreaded kill screen.
Tetris was naturally very difficult to reach due to it’s randomness. But other games, such as PAC-Man. had theirs reached much sooner.
OP7zdg7.jpg

the main reason is simply down to PAC-Man having easy to use patterns to complete every level configuration. later versions such as Ms. PAC-man fix this by randomizing the ghost behavior for a few seconds at the start of each level.

FYI, a second person has managed to reach the killscreen in the weeks since. even getting a slightly faster time than BlueScuti.

I’m surprised the thread didn’t blow up like it did everywhere else, even Alexey Pajitnov himself personally contacted the kid to congratulate the achievement.

people are still going absolutely wild breaking records in this game.
passing 12 million points before hitting the first "crash" trigger, world record on a modded cart, world record on an original cart, highest score achieved at a crash point and highest score achieved prior to a crash happening. He's also the first person to trigger a visual glitch in the game which has been christened "Summoning Satan".
(a modded cart in this case being a standardized ROM hack used by the community which fixes various glitches related to the highest levels, including the crash points.)

That's crazy that this is happening just now, when Tetris is such an old game

I wonder if this kid could instantly become #1 in Tetris 99

people are still going absolutely wild breaking records in this game.

(a modded cart in this case being a standardized ROM hack used by the community which fixes various glitches related to the highest levels, including the crash points.)

I just saw this video earlier today. Absolutely insane. Feels like someone's gonna loop the game before long

That's crazy that this is happening just now, when Tetris is such an old game

I wonder if this kid could instantly become #1 in Tetris 99

Tetris 99 is very different from the classic game. You have to become proficient at things like 4 widing and stalling to really dominate the competition.

Back
Top Bottom