• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Inazuma Eleven: Victory Road confirmed for worldwide release in 2024 (UPDATE: new trailer + open beta out now)

I beat the unlockable team on the lowest difficulty and got more comfortable with the mechanics. Still think it's clunky and inelegant and would need to be rescued by the touch control to be any fun.

Explain to me how the dribbling mini-game works. That's the one I haven't figured out yet. Does the timing of the B-button press matter for intercepting?

Play one more. The third is when it started clicking for me. Still won't see me calling it intuitive, though.

What helped me is realizing you have more time than you think for making decisions. Unless the ball somehow sails over your player's head when you pressed shoot several conds ago already or it just refuses to register a pass input...

There's some jank.
I also didn't understand the defensive part of dribbling 100%, but I have the impression that pressing B at the right time helps, but the main thing is definitely adjusting your player's positioning.
Another tip is to test different characters, I recommend using more defensive full-backs and also focusing on defensive stats in midfield.

I also didn't understand the defensive part of dribbling 100%, but I have the impression that pressing B at the right time helps, but the main thing is definitely adjusting your player's positioning.
Another tip is to test different characters, I recommend using more defensive full-backs and also focusing on defensive stats in midfield.

The stats are reasonably well explained if you dig into the guide. And the stat screen itself has nice shorthands for what formulas each one factors into, e.g. what matters most for any given position. Then there's elemental advantages/disadvantages, of course.

Really, I haven't found anything that keeps the dribbler from taking on one player after the other and winning the vast majority of the time by just slipping past them on either the left or the right (so that stats don't even come into it, I don't think), except when their opponent uses a skill to stop them in which case, hey, tension drained is still an advantage gained.

I beat the unlockable team on the lowest difficulty and got more comfortable with the mechanics. Still think it's clunky and inelegant and would need to be rescued by the touch control to be any fun.

Explain to me how the dribbling mini-game works. That's the one I haven't figured out yet. Does the timing of the B-button press matter for intercepting?

Play one more. The third is when it started clicking for me. Still won't see me calling it intuitive, though.

What helped me is realizing you have more time than you think for making decisions. Unless the ball somehow sails over your player's head when you pressed shoot several conds ago already or it just refuses to register a pass input...

There's some jank.

I believe so, I strongly recommend playing against the machine first, and choosing to go against the lower level team of course.
In the first game I lost, in the second game I tied, in the third the game clicked and I managed to win.
I also strongly recommend increasing the level of your players a little before going to the rankeds.

Thanks
I will try again tomorrow

Finally found a place where people are discussing the demo. What are everyone's thoughts so far? This is my first time playing sports games and I'm enjoying it so far. I do feel that there is a bit of a learning curve but that might just be because I am unfamiliar with the genre.

Thanks
I will try again tomorrow

Good luck!

One tip about a not-so-obvious mechanic that's only mentioned deep in the explainer: Provided you have got the tension for it, you can chain skill shots by aiming the shot at a teammate instead of the goal. It'll act as a pass and all skill shots you chain will add their power to each other. Helps break down keepers faster.

It can go awry where the player receiving the ball fails to properly react to it. I haven't gotten the hang of why it happens. My best guess is you should chain from low power to highest power, because trying to control a 500+ power whirling ball of charged up elemental fury with a simple no-skill shot is maybe a bit much too ask.

man, too many dynamics going on on the pitch
I hope it gets smoother with practice
and I hope the story mode won't arrive later rather than sooner
Story mode will arrive at the end of April or the month of May, they said. So only one month in the best case

I've gotten a better handle of the controls but my units just aren't strong enough to win me games online. Does anyone have any tips for how I increase my units strength? Is there certain gear I should be buying in the shop? I've been using spirits to increase the ranking of my players whenever I can.

I've gotten a better handle of the controls but my units just aren't strong enough to win me games online. Does anyone have any tips for how I increase my units strength? Is there certain gear I should be buying in the shop? I've been using spirits to increase the ranking of my players whenever I can.

There's not much to be done other than grind online or bot matches for experience points. As far as I can tell the spirit upgrades only grant passives but don't increase stats directly. Only leveling does that.

For farming gear, though, one thing you can do is get into as many dribbling one-on-one's (and other mini-games) as you can, as winning those are what drops both spirits and items. At least one player also has a passive that increases item drop chance.

To level up, simply play online matches. They will give you a lot of experience and even if you lose, you will get coins to get the Alius team. The matchmaking is random, so you have to be lucky.

To improve rarity, win 1 VS 1 duels and you will get spirits. There are players with 2 types of passives (if you have them in purple rarity), one that increases the chance of getting rare items (4 players: Tezcat, Byron, Xene and a Genesis midfielder I don't remember the name, I think Ark) and one that increases common items (Goldie, Bai Long and I don't remember more). Take the first 4 in the starting 11 and, I BELIEVE, you don't have to have the ones of the second group (because they overlap passives) to get purple/yellow spirits.

By the way, the spirits are not random. In a match you can get any spirit from any player present in both teams (i.e. the 22 on the field, the 10 on the bench and the 2 coaches). So if neither of the 2 teams has JP for example, you will not get spirits for him.

There's not much to be done other than grind online or bot matches for experience points. As far as I can tell the spirit upgrades only grant passives but don't increase stats directly. Only leveling does that.

For farming gear, though, one thing you can do is get into as many dribbling one-on-one's (and other mini-games) as you can, as winning those are what drops both spirits and items. At least one player also has a passive that increases item drop chance.
Increasing the rarity of your players is actually the best way to improve their stats, a Gold player is better in all attributes than another Purple player of the same level and position.
But I recommend raising the rarity of your players after reaching at least Lv 20, since the higher the rarity, the slower they level up.

Increasing the rarity of your players is actually the best way to improve their stats, a Gold player is better in all attributes than another Purple player of the same level and position.
But I recommend raising the rarity of your players after reaching at least Lv 20, since the higher the rarity, the slower they level up.

Too late for me. The full game better have a way to boost up lower level players, either by quick training sessions or training items or some other kind of catch-up mechanic, because leveling in this demo is pain and rookies basically have to ride the bench for ages before they're half-way viable.

Too late for me. The full game better have a way to boost up lower level players, either by quick training sessions or training items or some other kind of catch-up mechanic, because leveling in this demo is pain and rookies basically have to ride the bench for ages before they're half-way viable.
I also found the level system a bit unbalanced, because currently they are by far the main factor in a match.
But at the same time, I THINK the level cap is 30 (not sure), so it's relatively quick to max out a player.

Back
Top Bottom