• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Inazuma Eleven: Victory Road confirmed for worldwide release in 2024 (UPDATE: new trailer + open beta out now)

mazi

picross pundit
Level-5 intends to launch Inazuma Eleven Victory Road worldwide, the company has announced.

In Japan, the game is slated for this year. It’s unclear when the title will be available in English, but Level-5 president Akihiro Hino said everything shown during today’s Level-5 Vision 2023 presentation will be available worldwide in 2023 and 2024.

4500 players from previous games is really crazy. And given the importance they are giving to nostalgia, the vast majority of hissatsus are sure to return.

As a fan of Inazuma Eleven, I'm really hyped.

The fact that they are still saying 2023 but no confirmed day..ugh. This might be delayed again.
In the blog it says that they want to launch this particular game simultaneously all over the world at the same time. It is possible that it will be delayed if the translations are not completed in time.

how the hell did this game get to 4500 characters? are a lot of them basic as fuck characters made with a procedural generator?

and the gameplay looks slow

This probably looks as good as a game that started over like 3 times

Wary of this, might get on sale kinda thing

how the hell did this game get to 4500 characters? are a lot of them basic as fuck characters made with a procedural generator?

DS games also had craploads of recruitable characters and yes, some of them looked very basic.

And this game is supposed to be slow. It's a follow-up to the tactics/RPG series on DS, not the fast paced sports titles that were on Wii.

Well, at least we can assume this one is coming this year. Trailer being translated might indicate a simultaneous release.

I also loved the game is much closer to DS entries rather than fast paced arcade like Wii version. I'm quite hyped.

I think it would be intelligent for this game to be release mid 2024 to coincide with both UEFA and Copa America next edition.
at this point, it's been way too long for it to align with anything. just get it out and wash their hands of this mess

I think it would be intelligent for this game to be release mid 2024 to coincide with both UEFA and Copa America next edition.

Would increase the likelihood of me buying it on release. Rest of 2023 is packed. Then again, a relase this year increases the likelihood of me buying the game on discount in mid 2024!

each of them better have been handcrafted and meticulously tweaked and tested for perfect balance and harmony with the other 4,499 characters or I'm not biting!

The game will possibly be delayed a bit longer to early 2024, but it looks amazing.

The story seems emotional, online mode, all the characters from the franchise, apparently a large number of super techniques, a lot of game content....

I'm really hyped!!!

if there's one game that shouldn't be delayed, it's this. L5 needs to get this out to get that albatross off their neck
In the trailer it doesn't say year, neither 2023 nor 2024. Decapolice and Fantasy Live do say 2023 in their trailers.

Also, in IE's development blog, they have said that MAYBE the game will be delayed.

Seeing as they're using Japanese names in the trailer, I really hope they'll stick to those with the localisation. I'm really tired of the "we're in Japan, but we're going to pretend we're in the west because God forbid someone sees a Japanese videogame character."

yay another Japanese only video with no date..?
This is a gameplay guide for the Japanese because it will be playable at TGS. If they give a date, it should be tomorrow in about 19 hours, which is when Level 5 gives information about their games.

If no date is given then it will probably be delayed to 2024.

For anyone interested, they just announced the following:

• Steam version
  • They want to keep the Beta operational until the day of the official release of the game.
  • Idea to remake the first game with Victory Road gameplay.
  • Feedback responses will be carried out a month or two after releasing the beta, so we can rule out a release in April and May.

For anyone interested, they just announced the following:

• Steam version
  • They want to keep the Beta operational until the day of the official release of the game.
  • Idea to remake the first game with Victory Road gameplay.
  • Feedback responses will be carried out a month or two after releasing the beta, so we can rule out a release in April and May.
Mind to share a source?

Early early impression (after suffering the badly implemented tutorial, reading through all help entries, losing one match and drawing another versus bots): They have not found a way to translate the stylus & touchscreen gameplay to controller inputs. Player switching takes getting used to, lack of directing off-the-ball movement will forever hurt, and adding clumsy work-arounds like the zone mechanic and short timers plus QTE-elements further complicates things.

I'll stick with it for a while longer, but as of now I'd much rather go back and play one of the 3DS entries.

Last edited:
Early early impression (after suffering the badly implemented tutorial, reading through all help entries, losing one match and drawing another versus bots): They have not found a way to translate the stylus & pen gameplay to controller inputs. Player switching takes getting used to, lack of directing off-the-ball movement will forever hurt, and adding clumsy work-arounds like the zone mechanic and short timers plus QTE-elements further complicates things.

I'll stick with it for a while longer, but as of now I'd much rather go back and play one of the 3DS entries.
That doesn't surprise me at all... After ao many redesigns, I guess this is just the one that "worked" internally to ship the game

The story content of the demo isn't unlocked yet. Potentially it'll offer a gentler introduction to the mechanics. A scripted introductory match with smaller team size, similar to the 4v4 scrims, might make the convolutions more digestable.

Last edited:
I will also warn you: There seems to be no way to concede an online match. So if, speaking totally hypothetically, you jump online for a quick test with your level 1 starter squad and get matched against a player who, a couple hours after release, is running a full team of all level 8+ blues, you're in it for the whole duration.

Last edited:
Early early impression (after suffering the badly implemented tutorial, reading through all help entries, losing one match and drawing another versus bots): They have not found a way to translate the stylus & touchscreen gameplay to controller inputs. Player switching takes getting used to, lack of directing off-the-ball movement will forever hurt, and adding clumsy work-arounds like the zone mechanic and short timers plus QTE-elements further complicates things.

haven't you tried the touch control (vertical only maybe? scheme?
or isn't it in the game?

The story content of the demo isn't unlocked that. Potentially it'll offer a gentler introduction to the mechanics. A scripted introductory match with smaller team size, similar to the 4v4 scrims, might make the convolutions more digestable.
It'll be in a future update

man, too many dynamics going on on the pitch
I hope it gets smoother with practice
and I hope the story mode won't arrive later rather than sooner

After a few games, I disagree with you, the mechanics are much deeper than the classic series or Strikers, it's not an easy game, but I don't think it's difficult to learn either, for me it's much more fun than on the stylus at least.
But pairing with overleveled teams is really boring, you can play on equal terms, but it's very difficult to score a goal. On the other hand, in this type of match, even if you lose, you still gain a decent amount of XP.

After a few games, I disagree with you, the mechanics are much deeper than the classic series or Strikers, it's not an easy game, but I don't think it's difficult to learn either, for me it's much more fun than on the stylus at least.
But pairing with overleveled teams is really boring, you can play on equal terms, but it's very difficult to score a goal. On the other hand, in this type of match, even if you lose, you still gain a decent amount of XP.

So there is hope..? Because after 2 matches I would described it as the most unintuitive game I have ever played
Basically the opposite of the DS episodes

I beat the unlockable team on the lowest difficulty and got more comfortable with the mechanics. Still think it's clunky and inelegant and would need to be rescued by the touch control to be any fun.

Explain to me how the dribbling mini-game works. That's the one I haven't figured out yet. Does the timing of the B-button press matter for intercepting?

So there is hope..? Because after 2 matches I would described it as the most unintuitive game I have ever played

Play one more. The third is when it started clicking for me. Still won't see me calling it intuitive, though.

What helped me is realizing you have more time than you think for making decisions. Unless the ball somehow sails over your player's head when you pressed shoot several conds ago already or it just refuses to register a pass input...

There's some jank.

I believe so, I strongly recommend playing against the machine first, and choosing to go against the lower level team of course.
In the first game I lost, in the second game I tied, in the third the game clicked and I managed to win.
I also strongly recommend increasing the level of your players a little before going to the rankeds.

Back
Top Bottom