• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Retro in a major loss for people claiming the game is "too long", someone just 101% completed Donkey Kong 64 in under 4 hours.

Honestly, besides some of the awful minigames, I don't think a 101% run is that bad. It took me like 20-25 hours to get everything if I remember correctly? That was also my first time beating the game. I played it on real hardware when I was a kid, didn't get past Frantic Factory, tried again a few years later when the game came to Wii U, couldn't find 4 of Diddys bananas in Gloomy Galleon and gave up, then finally got that 101% completion a couple years ago on PC because I was determined to finally beat it. If you only had to play Beaver Bother, DK Arcade and the Slot Machine once I think people would be way kinder to this game. Those alone are way worse than any backtracking, which was never that bad since a tag barrel was always nearby imo

Back
Top Bottom