• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Film in a big win for #gamers everywhere, the director of Tron Legacy has confirmed a 4k remaster is in the works.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

(Mentioned at 30:02 if the time stamp doesn’t work.)

this has been rumored for years, with Disney allegedly screening the cut privately on a few occasions.
alongside the obvious resolution and HDR enhancements. one of the few other changes was that they reportedly went and redid all of the deaging effects. granted, the usage of it outside of flashbacks was likely intentionally meant to look somewhat off.

no release date is noted, but it seems likely they’re holding onto it until Tron 3 (which did start filming fairly recently) is closer to release.

I'm very fond of Tron Legacy, especially the soundtrack. I'd be down to pick up a new 4K remaster, especially if they update the de-aging effects.

Disney acquiring Star Wars and the MCU taking off killed the original version of Tron 3. Tron: Ascension was all written and storyboarded with Joseph Kosinski returning to direct, the cast reprising their roles and Daft Punk back to create another all-timer score when the plug was pulled. The suits found shinier toys to play with. I had hoped the success of Top Gun: Maverick would have convinced Disney to put Kosinski back in the game, but alas. Still, I'll try to keep an open mind about this new iteration, I just hope they're able to bring back Jeff Bridges, Bruce Boxleitner, Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde in some capacity.

Tron Legacy Soundtrack by Daft Punk

01. Overture
02. The Grid
03. Father And Son Prelude
04. Missing
05. The Son Of Flynn
06. Encom, Part I
07. Encom, Part II
08. The Arcade
09. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) by Journey
10. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) by Eurythmics
09. Recognizer
10. Not The Games
11. Armory
12. Arena
13. Round One
14. Round Two
15. Rinzler, Part I
16. Not Your Father
17. Fireworks
18. Challenge Of The Grid
19. The Game Has Changed
20. Outlands, Part I
21. Father And Son, Part I
22. Your Move, Flynn
23. Adagio For Tron
24. Nocturne
25. Flynn's Dream
26. Outlands, Part II
27. End Of Line
28. Reflections
29. Castor
30. Derezzed
31. Fall
32. Sea Of Simulation
33. The Boy And Flynn Are Gone
34. Father And Son, Part II
35. Footprints
36. Enjoy The Drink
37. Sunrise Prelude
38. New Course
39. Rinzler, Part II
40. Rare Bird
41. Rectifier
42. Disc Wars
43. C.L.U.
44. Tron
45. Arrival
46. Flynn Lives
47. Alan Bradley's Message
48. Sunrise
49. Tron Legacy (End Titles)
50. Solar Sailer
51. Finale

Tron Soundtrack by Wendy Carlos

01. Creation Of Tron
02. Only Solutions by Journey
03. We've Got Company
04. Wormhole
05. Ring Game And Escape
06. Water, Music And Tronaction
07. Tron Scherzo
08. Miracle And Magician
09. Magic Landings
10. Theme From Tron
11. 1990's Theme by Journey
12. Love Theme
13. Tower Music (Let Us Pray)
14. The Light Sailer
15. Sea Of Simulation
16. A New Tron And The MCP
17. Anthem
18. Ending Titles
19. Tronaction (Original Version)
20. Break In (For Strings, Flutes And Celesta)
21. Anthem (For Keyboard Solo)

Tron 2.0 Soundtrack by Nathan Grigg

01. Title Screen
02. Intro Sequence
03. Unauthorized User (Ambient)
04. Unauthorized User (Combat)
05. Alan's PC / Legacy (Ambient)
06. Alan's PC / Legacy (Combat)
07. Prisoner Bin (Ambient)
08. Prisoner Bin (Combat)
09. FCon / The Root Of The Problem (Ambient)
10. FCon / The Root Of The Problem (Combat)
11. Antiquated (Ambient)
12. Antiquated (Combat)
13. Antiquated (Core Meltdown)
14. Master User (Ambient)
15. Master User (Combat)
16. Alliance / Thorne's Server (Ambient)
17. Alliance / Thorne's Server (Combat)
18. Handshake (Thorne's PDA)
19. Database / FCon Firewall (Ambient)
20. Database / FCon Firewall (Combat)
21. FCon Command Module
22. Digitizing Stream
23. Credits Medley

Tron Evolution Soundtrack by Sascha Dikiciyan, Cris Velasco & Kevin Manthei

01. Legacy Open
02. Abraxas ALT
03. Abraxas Boss 1
04. Codex 2
05. Dark Ambient
06. Dark String
07. Disc Room Music 01
08. Party Crashers (Daft Punk Remix)
09. Halam Infect
10. Infected 1v2
11. Infected Intro A1
12. Infected Intro A2
13. Light Bike 2
14. Loop 5 Intro
15. Outlands 1
16. Outlands Amb
17. Puzzle Explore 5v2
18. Puzzle Explore 1
19. Puzzle Explore 2
20. Puzzle Explore 3v2
21. Puzzle Explore 4v2
22. Puzzle Explore 6
23. Puzzle Explore 9
24. Regulator A
25. Regulator C
26. Sentry 01
27. Sentry 02
28. Sentry 02 Min
29. Spiritual 01
30. Spiritual Amb 3VS
31. Strange Attractor KPM 0602 01501
32. The Tron Codex
33. Tron Ambient 4
34. Tron Ambient 2
35. Tron Infected 1v2
36. Tron Abraxas
37. Tron Amb 1A
38. Tron Arena 1
39. Tron Derez Loop
40. Tron Derez Loop 3
41. Tron Derez
42. Tron End Of Everything
43. Tron Lightcycles 1ver3
44. Tron Tank Alt
45. Tron Tank Battle
46. Tron Trailer 30SecLoop 1
47. Tron Trailer 30SecLoop 2
48. Tron Trailer 30SecLoop 3
49. Tron Trailer 30SecLoop 4
50. Tron Trailer 30SecLoop 6
51. Tron Trailer 30SecLoop 7
52. Tron Trailer 30SecLoop 8
53. Tron Amb 1B
54. Tron Intro B

Tron Legacy Reconfigured

01. Derezzed (Remixed by The Glitch Mob)
02. Fall (Remixed by M83 vs. Big Black Delta)
03. The Grid (Remixed by The Crystal Method)
04. Adagio For Tron (Remixed by Teddybears)
05. The Son Of Flynn (Remixed by Ki:Theory)
06. C.L.U. (Remixed by Paul Oakenfold)
07. The Son Of Flynn (Remixed by Moby)
08. End Of Line (Remixed by Boys Noize)
09. Rinzler (Remixed by Kaskade)
10. Encom, Part II (Remixed by Com Truise)
11. End Of Line (Remixed by Photek)
12. Arena (Remixed by The Japanese Popstars)
13. Derezzed (Remixed by Avicii)
14. End Of Line (Remixed by Tame Impala)
15. Solar Sailer (Remixed by Pretty Lights)
16. Tron Legacy (End Titles) (Remixed by Sander Kleinenberg)

Tron Lightcycle / Run by Joseph Trapanese

01. MK_GATEWAY
02. MK_GRID

Tron Uprising Soundtrack by Joseph Trapanese

01. Beck's Theme / Lightbike Battle
02. Tesler Throwdown
03. Paige's Past
04. Lux's Sacrifice
05. Price Of Power
06. Rescuing The Rebellion
07. Dyson Drops In (Scars Suite)
08. Tron's Promise (Scars Suite)
09. Tron's Turn (Scars Suite)
10. Beck Betrayed (Scars Suite)
11. Torture (Scars Suite)
12. Revenge (Scars Suite)
13. Redemption (Scars Suite)
14. Goodbye Renegade
15. Compressed Space
16. Renegade's Pledge / End Credits
17. Lightbike Battle (3OH!3 & JT Remix)
18. Inferno (Opiuo Remix)
19. Dyson (David Hiller Remix)
20. Rezolution by Cole Plante

Last edited:
Disney acquiring Star Wars and the MCU taking off killed the original version of Tron 3. Tron: Ascension was all written and storyboarded with Joseph Kosinski returning to direct, the cast reprising their roles and Daft Punk back to create another all-timer score when the plug was pulled. The suits found shinier toys to play with.
?? The news at the time was pretty clear that the failure of Tomorrowland was why they canned Tron 3, based on the assumption that it meant audiences were backing away from scifi movies.

Either way, I'm happy to see Tron 3 back on the menu, but disappointed that it's a completely different thing with different people. I absolutely loved Legacy.

look, Tron Legacy is bad

but also good

i have extremely mixed feelings about it, but what I know for certain is this: it really was a whole thing, and damn. they did that thing

?? The news at the time was pretty clear that the failure of Tomorrowland was why they canned Tron 3, based on the assumption that it meant audiences were backing away from scifi movies.

Either way, I'm happy to see Tron 3 back on the menu, but disappointed that it's a completely different thing with different people. I absolutely loved Legacy.

So he says "it makes sense" that they'd pull the plug once they had established franchises under their belt, but it sounds more like he's assuming it's likely what happened rather than stating it was what happened.

The articles that were going around at the time it was cancelled quoted Garrett Hedlund as saying they pulled the plug because Tomorrowland failed, so.. 🤷

Maybe both things are true? Like after Tomorrowland bombed they decided to refocus on large, established franchises instead of smaller, weirder stuff like Tron?

And I say "weird" as a compliment

So he says "it makes sense" that they'd pull the plug once they had established franchises under their belt, but it sounds more like he's assuming it's likely what happened rather than stating it was what happened.

The articles that were going around at the time it was cancelled quoted Garrett Hedlund as saying they pulled the plug because Tomorrowland failed, so.. 🤷

Maybe both things are true? Like after Tomorrowland bombed they decided to refocus on large, established franchises instead of smaller, weirder stuff like Tron?

And I say "weird" as a compliment
Both things can be true.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen Tron or Tron Legacy. Should I watch them?

Original Tron: Very much yes.
Tron Legacy: Watch original Tron first, then watch Legacy if you liked it.

Legacy is like The Force Awakens - nothing special, but generally hits the right notes.

Fun fact - Tron Legacy was the last new release I saw in 35mm. Ironic, given how the whole thing is digital effects. ;P

P.S. "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Tron Legacy is pretty awful, aside from the music.

There was a year where the Academy Awards were trying to make peace with an audience that (understandably) hates their guts. The Academy tried to make good by bringing a bunch of normies off the streets onto the stage and letting them talk to the stars in the front row. One of them was asked to tell Jeff Bridges what their favorite Jeff Bridges movie was. My dream in life is to learn how to time travel so I can be that person and tell Jeff Bridges to his face that my favorite Jeff Bridges movie is Tron Legacy.

Tron Legacy is an honestly awful movie which somehow still manages to contain such gold as "Biodigital jazz, man!" and that Daft Punk score.

It's terrible but also kind of amazing that it exists at all.

Short answer: no
Long answer: see short answer

Original Tron: Very much yes.
Tron Legacy: Watch original Tron first, then watch Legacy if you liked it.

Legacy is like The Force Awakens - nothing special, but generally hits the right notes.

Fun fact - Tron Legacy was the last new release I saw in 35mm. Ironic, given how the whole thing is digital effects. ;P

P.S. "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Classic Fami 😂
Tron Legacy is basically a 2 hours long Daft Punk music video and I love every second of that movie.
Funnily enough, while I have never watched Tron, I have listened to the excellent soundtrack

Flippin' love TRON Legacy. I bought the soundtrack as soon as I left the theater (and I used to absolutetly HATE Daft Punk when I was in college).

Yeah of course TRON Legacy is flawed as hell. But man, this art direction, the colors, the soundtrack is always on point and is like the heartbeat of the movie, it goes along all the way.

I liked the fact that CLU just did what he was made for and what his creator tasked him, he is basically an antivirus reacting to a false-positive when he sees something that shouldn't exist, yet it does.

Starting to think that I'm gonna screenshot the 4K remaster like I did back then to then make a Windows dynamic theme with all my screenshots ^^.

Damn I'm relistening to the soundtrack now.

Flippin' love TRON Legacy. I bought the soundtrack as soon as I left the theater (and I used to absolutetly HATE Daft Punk when I was in college).
Same.

I was (and for the most part still am) pretty indifferent to Daft Punk but I definitely bought that soundtrack as soon as I got out of the movie!

Back
Top Bottom