• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News IMPORTANT: NO NOSTALGIA CRITIC NOVEMBER

Will you take the Pledge

• Total voters

Phosphorescent Skeleton

It's a hard world for little things.
Pronouns
She/Her
This November all right thinking people are pledging to abstain from any and all Doug Walker/Channel Awesome content. I take the pledge? Will you?

Last edited:
I mean... that's easy to avoid, it's just literally him and the people who somehow still like him or rely on him for a paycheck who still attach themselves to the CA brand.

I would love to rake a moral stand with you, but unfortunately I spent most of November 1st watching Doug Walker DESTROY Michael Bay for making our military look like incompetent assess in Pearl Harbor.

I- I'm sorry...

giphy.gif

She said not to vote for option 3 and yet five people have! I can't believe this

Yeah I thought most stopped watching after the Change the Channel thing that unearthed so much shit about the management, and painted Doug and company in a bad light themselves. I know Doug put a "I identify as a clown" joke in one vid in recent years and... yeah, not a good sign.

Such a shame as he seemed like a genuinely good guy, doing charity promos at the end of every vid and "seemed" so nice in real life, but maybe it was a facade?

Yeah I thought most stopped watching after the Change the Channel thing that unearthed so much shit about the management, and painted Doug and company in a bad light themselves. I know Doug put a "I identify as a clown" joke in one vid in recent years and... yeah, not a good sign.

Such a shame as he seemed like a genuinely good guy, doing charity promos at the end of every vid and "seemed" so nice in real life, but maybe it was a facade?

Will you take the pledge??!????

I would love to rake a moral stand with you, but unfortunately I spent most of November 1st watching Doug Walker DESTROY Michael Bay for making our military look like incompetent assess in Pearl Harbor.

I- I'm sorry...

I think I've seen this, but now I'm going to rewatch it.

Oh well.😕 I haven't watched anything from CA in about 3 months though. Year-to-date, I might have only watched one NC episode and a commercials special. I was never a really big fan, and the skits that break up the reviews now are...whatever.

I mean... it had a lot more to offer than just Doug/NC who I'd say was always the most annoying of the lot.

Fuck, Ashens used to be part of CA for a bit back in the day.
Yup, they have some good stuff. Despite my misstep earlier in the month I am at least able to find some respite now by ignoring The Nostalgia Critic entirely and simply watching videos from Melvin, Brother of the Joker.

The lame and cringey AVGN clone? Haven't seen one of those videos in nearly a decade.

Every so often I go back and watch his videos covering the three animated Titanic movies, just because of how absurd those movies are.

If Todd in the Shadows counts in any capacity, then the Folding Ideas video should count because he was also tangentially related to Channel Awesome (started on ChezApocalypse, which was a spinoff site of some kind, and still works a lot with Lindsay Ellis who started as the Nostalgia Chick). I'm sorry I have this information stored in my head.

Everything outside of Doug is great, but I honestly haven't watched their actual channel is years. The last time I watched a video from them, was when The Wall controversy came about, and... Yeah... That was enough conformation to know I wasn't missing much.

Edit: I still miss Lindsay, there's some comfort in knowing the third book is coming, but I just need my damn video essays from her again. They were some of the best on the platform and usually had some great humor in the mix. I'll never forgive the mob for chasing her away over that Raya tweet...

Everything outside of Doug is great, but I honestly haven't watched their actual channel is years. The last time I watched a video from them, was when The Wall controversy came about, and... Yeah... That was enough conformation to know I wasn't missing much.

Edit: I still miss Lindsay, there's some comfort in knowing the third book is coming, but I just need my damn video essays from her again. They were some of the best on the platform and usually had some great humor in the mix. I'll never forgive the mob for chasing her away over that Raya tweet...

Enough of this sophistry! Will you walk the righteous path and take the pledge, or will you choose of your own will to dwell in darkness and refuse to take it?

Enough of this sophistry! Will you walk the righteous path and take the pledge, or will you choose of your own will to dwell in darkness and refuse to take it?
Well, considering Lindsay stopped entirely... Guess I'll take the pledge :p

The best thing ever associated with Channel Awesome is Todd In The Shadows.

Todd is awesome. For a similar-ish musical person, I used to love PawDugan as well, but he's mostly disappeared now.

I admit, I used to be a CA watcher of pretty much everything. But not lately! And I haven't watched NC in years, so I take the pledge!

Todd is awesome. For a similar-ish musical person, I used to love PawDugan as well, but he's mostly disappeared now.

I admit, I used to be a CA watcher of pretty much everything. But not lately! And I haven't watched NC in years, so I take the pledge!
Thank you for taking the pledge....big doubt on "tood" being "awesome", but this is a good first step on the road to recovery.

I'm just casually strolling by and don't want to leave without saying hi.
So... I'll take the pledge, not hard seeing as I never even heard of any of these people.
So yeah, there you have it! Still looking for my go-to tuber for good feelings

Back
Top Bottom