• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion IMO, no network apps such as ID GO & A&E should require cable.

SpaceCrystal

Rattata
Pronouns
He/Him
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of cutting the cord with cable? Once you download a specific network app, you should be able to watch any episodes from any show, etc. that you want or that you've missed without requiring a cable subscription in order to view everything. You should only be able to sign in using your username or Email address alongside with your password. Not everyone has cable or satellite.

Perhaps I misunderstand what you're asking for, but why would one of those cable companies let you view/watch everything without a subscription?...

They sell subscriptions that include both cable and the streaming service. Maybe you don't want the cable part, but that's not really that different to how every single streaming service tacks on a bunch of crap you don't want in order to access the stuff you actually do. That's basically the entire streaming service business model in a nutshell.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of cutting the cord with cable? Once you download a specific network app, you should be able to watch any episodes from any show, etc. that you want or that you've missed without requiring a cable subscription in order to view everything. You should only be able to sign in using your username or Email address alongside with your password. Not everyone has cable or satellite.
So basically you want it for free?

I think you ca buy just the streaming only package?

You know what really pisses me off, Broadcast TV which is free to all since its business model is not tied to subscription or cable and it's over the air. But yet, to watch the ABC app, even if it is just the live TV portion that is FREE, and not their old show archives which is understandable, it requires a cable subscription.

Now that is beyond ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom