• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News IguanaBee Studios working on fucking King Kong

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Yay...

Skull Island: Rise of Kong has now been officially announced. Check out the trailer and more here: https://www.ign.com/articles/skull-island-rise-of-kong-leaked-by-amazon-listing
twitter.com/IGN/status/1682035051788378114

Out whenever.

71sKEczxH5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

it's published by Gamemill, who has traditionally been firing out decent licensed games over the past few years. King Kong has already gotten an excellent game thanks to Ubisoft's tie-in to the Peter Jackson remake (he specifically chose them to work on it because he was a fan of Beyond Good & Evil, in fact.) and it seems unlikely they'll be able to top that.

IguanaBee is an interesting developer choice though, as they previously made the notable Vita exclusive "MonsterBag".

Is it weird for this studio to make this kinda game or something? I've never heard of them but according to wikipedia their last game was G I Joe, so a king kong game doesn't surprise me.

So this is connected to the animated netflix series that is connected to the Monsterverse Kong and Godzilla movies right?

What’s interesting to me is that publishers dont see something like King Kong worth giving a triple a budget to

fucking king kong is launching October 17th

Your reign is at hand! Skull Island: Rise of Kong arrives on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam october 17th 2023. Based on the rich history of Skull Island developed by creator Joe DeVito and based on Merian C. Cooper’s King Kong, this exhilarating third-person action-adventure game lets you become Kong on a journey of vengeance as you fight to claim your rightful place as King of Skull Island.

Back
Top Bottom