• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion If Yakuza 0 were to come to Switch, would you buy it?

Would you buy it?

• Total voters
What went wrong with the Ishin remake? I still haven't played it yet.
Nothing went wrong per se, but it's very obvious that its an older Yakuza game. The updated visuals are nice, but simply moving it to UE4 didn't really change the underlying design, which is much stiffer than the Dragon Engine games. Movement isn't as fluid, there are loading screens to enter shops, etc.

"Underwhelming compared to the original" definitely wasn't the right use of words though. Underwhelming compared to Kiwami 2 would be a better way of putting it, or just an underwhelming remake in general. It's undoubtedly better, just not as thorough as Kiwami 2 was.

Nothing went wrong per se, but it's very obvious that its an older Yakuza game. The updated visuals are nice, but simply moving it to UE4 didn't really change the underlying design, which is much stiffer than the Dragon Engine games. Movement isn't as fluid, there are loading screens to enter shops, etc.

"Underwhelming compared to the original" definitely wasn't the right use of words though. Underwhelming compared to Kiwami 2 would be a better way of putting it, or just an underwhelming remake in general. It's undoubtedly better, just not as thorough as Kiwami 2 was.
Ah, ok! I'm the weird guy who prefers pretty much everything about the older Yakuza 0 era games over Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 6, with the exception of the graphics. I've never liked the Dragon Engine movement, nor brawling (strange ragdolls etc.), so maybe I won't mind Ishin being more or less just a prettied up PS3 game.

You’ve got me beat! I own it on PlayStation, Xbox and Steam, plus I’ve bought it for some other folks as gifts, but 9 or 10? That’s dedication
I fell down the Yakuza collecting rabbit hole a few years ago after purchasing all the Japan exclusive titles. And then all of a sudden I started buying Japanese versions of titles that had been released in the west. And then different editions, ports and regional versions and now I have like 5-10 copies of every Yakuza title lol. You do still have something I don't though, I bought all the games on Steam but never on Xbox (because they were on GP at one point) 😅

Back
Top Bottom