• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club If "HUMAN" was a Pokémon type, what would it's weaknesses and resistances be?

What would Human-Type be WEAK to?

• Normal

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Fighting

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Flying

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Poison

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • Ground

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Rock

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Bug

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Ghost

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Steel

• Fire

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Water

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Grass

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Electric

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Psychic

• Ice

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Dragon

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Dark

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Fairy

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Human

Votes: 26 46.4%

• Total voters

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
I think if "Human" was a Pokémon type, which it frankly should be, it would definitely be weak to electricity. We can't stick forks into electricity outlets. Also fire. You ever touch a hot stove? Ouch!

I think we would definitely be strong against grass. I love to eat a salad. Bugs are very weak to Human as well. Just step on 'em! Get a tissue and squish 'em. That's easy.

I think Human would be strong against Ghost too because i do not believe in them

what do you think????

weak to fairy, because the fey love to mess with people

weak to ghost because death is scary

weak to fire because hair smells bad when you burn it

strong against nothing because otherwise you wouldn't be a trainer anyway

i look at clafairy, I think "I could take that in a fight"
they literally fire the moon at people.
klefki is a death by a thousand cuts. locked out of house, no shelter. locked out of car, no transportation, locked out of the store, no food.

they literally fire the moon at people.
klefki is a death by a thousand cuts. locked out of house, no shelter. locked out of car, no transportation, locked out of the store, no food.
damn... i guess you're right

I voted weak to everything.

Yet, somehow, because they have ridiculous stats despite that, they dominate the pokemeta.

Edit: Actually I guess this is kinda already the case for the Pokémon world though. Almost any Pokémon would all rip through the human societies with ease, yet, they either can't or won't.

JUST STEP ON 'EM!!!!!!!! bugs ain't SHIT
Considering I'm pretty sure mosquitoes are responsible for more deaths than any other animal I think there's a strong case for humans being weak to bugs

But bugs can also be one shot by humans so they're probably both weak to each other.

By the same logic, human should be weak to human (which isn't a poll option even smh)

Considering I'm pretty sure mosquitoes are responsible for more deaths than any other animal I think there's a strong case for humans being weak to bugs

But bugs can also be one shot by humans so they're probably both weak to each other.

By the same logic, human should be weak to human (which isn't a poll option even smh)
Just wanna make sure you're not conflating BUG and POISON here real fast

I feel like whatever Mosquitos give ya is poison

we are DEFINITELY strong against water

humans can swim... fish can't walk

rest my case
Dracovish-fish-pokemon-1.png

Interesting idea! Aside from the obvious electric, fire & ice), I think humans would be weak to:
  • Poison (obvious)
  • Psychic (humans are easy to mentally influence)
  • Other Humans (can't we all just get along?)

Humans would be strong against:
  • Bugs (squish)
  • Rock & Ground (we over-mine the Earth's resources)
  • Grass (we destroy forests)

• Rock & Ground (we over-mine the Earth's resources)
  • Grass (we destroy forests)
while I agree, you're thinking too large scale

humans beat ground beacuse we walk all over that shit every day

we eat salad all the time also invented lawnmowers

rock I could see the argument for. you could beat someone with a rock. ouch. I say we are weak to rock

The fish Pokémon that's going to take those humans down once and for all with its mighty legs.

it's Dracovish, fossil pokemon got weird in sword/shield,
You made it up. I don’t believe you.
Are "Debt" and "Anxiety" not Pokemon types?
I wish!!!!!!!
A lawn-mowing suburban dad Pokemon would be amazing
Three tier evolution. First form is Johnathan, is a baby boy. Mid stage is Johnny, teenager. Final evolution is John. It’s just a suburban dad with a nice haircut and a ride-on lawnmower.

Three tier evolution. First form is Johnathan, is a baby boy. Mid stage is Johnny, teenager. Final evolution is John. It’s just a suburban dad with a nice haircut and a ride-on lawnmower.
I'd prefer weed wacker, push mower, then ride-on. Really emphasize the mower itself. The first stage could be a teen. Final stage would be a little overweight with a beer in his hand.

We have destroyed their habitats and sent ungodly amounts of pollution into the ecosystem. Reaching the bird is the least of their problems
No, we are not talking “humanity” we are talking a single human

To be fair "what the fuck is that" is the correct response:

It's supposed to be an abomination. In a twist on the "we can bring back pokemon from fossils!" of past games, SwSh has a mad scientist doing it and they take any two fossil halves from the player and just mash them together with their life giving machine, despite them clearly being from different prehistoric pokemon. All 4 combinations are clearly not meant to be healthy natural pokemon.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Galar fossils are one of the greatest things in all of Pokemon, and among them Dracovish reigns uncontested. Speaking of Mr. Fish...

This question is good enough to carry an entire WolfeyVGC video. I mean that as a compliment. Please appreciate I put the same amount of effort into my answer as a famous Youtubist would.

Super-effective:

"Humans are the real threat" is true in zombie movies and in pokemon battles.

Grass means trees and flowers, which humans either burn to the ground or cultivate. Either way, green nature has been mastered.

Neutral:

Normal is normal. Humans like normal. Face it, most Human pokemon would be dual-type with Normal.

Fighting humans do pretty well in. Heck, the majority of Fighting-type pokemon are based on human martial arts.

Poison we're no more or less vulnerable to than most living beings; and we put some poison into the atmosphere and water ourselves, which the rest of the planet has much worse troubles with.

Fire, Water, Ground fall in a similar camp; we're not immune to them, but they don't do extra damage either. They plain hurt.

We survived an Ice age, and outlasted our equivalent of Mamoswine - an actual ice-type! - too boot, so it's not that.

Dragons eat our virgins, and dragons get slain by our knights. Call it a draw.

Steel and Rock you could make an argument for as being effective against Humans, after all for large parts of our history we made weapons meant for warfare against fellow humans out of exactly those materials. The fact is a function of their availability and compatibility with our tools, rather than any inherent advantage in killing power, still the justification is there if you need further options for gameplay reasons.

Related, Electric as weakness, in tribute to the Electric Chair, would be a bit macabre.

Bugs do fine with civilization around; ergo they can't be weak to us. By the same token, they have no dominion over us.

Flying is complicated. We're not meant to fly, yet we made it work. Yet in pursuing the dream of flight, people have died and continue to die. Flying represents our hubris. Like Icarus, we've been, at once, super-effective at it and weak to it. Does that balance out to neutral?

Weaknesses:

We are forever doomed to fall victim to Psychics; with how easily fake ones prey on human minds, imagine what a real one would do.

We see shadows where there are none, and do dumb things because of it. The Dark scares us, just as Ghosts hold power over our lives whether they exist or not.

And I agree with others, that a Fairy is a reason to worry. Fairies exist to fuck with us, and are historically good at it.

Last edited:
a lot of people in this thread are saying things like "we as a society have spent centuries destroying natural habitats of birds so of course we are strong against them"

Look

it is HUMAN
not HUMANITY

A falcon would FUCK a human UP

human is weak to flying

Well, humans in SMT games are naturally weak to dark-based attacks, so that will be my option.

a lot of people in this thread are saying things like "we as a society have spent centuries destroying natural habitats of birds so of course we are strong against them"

Look

it is HUMAN
not HUMANITY

A falcon would FUCK a human UP

human is weak to flying
They need to watch Hitchcock's The Birds. They'll change their mind on the question.

Back
Top Bottom