• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club If a new Nintendo Musou is announced in the next Direct, what do you think it will be?

Which Nintendo Musou, if any, will be announced in the next Direct?

• Hyrule Warriors 3

Votes: 51 23.7%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors 3

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Super Mario Warriors

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Kirby Warriors

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Star Fox Warriors

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Xenoblade Warriors

Votes: 101 47.0%
  • Murasame Castle revival as a Musou

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 14 6.5%

• Total voters
I could see a Tears of the Kingdom musuo doubling as a “definitive edition” package like Hyrule Warriors Legends was at the time.

As in, it would contain everything from Age of Calamity plus an additional Imprisoning War storyline with some new characters.

Hoping for anything other than Zelda (unless it's more similar to the first one, with characters from all games), but I would expect it to be a non-canon game set in the BOTW world, about the Imprisoning War.

I don't care what it is, as long as it isn't Fire Emblem or Zelda. Those announcements would just be a huge "yaaaaaawwwwn" for me.

theyre 100% going to announce a Hyrule Warriors that takes place whilst Zelda is in the past inTotK and you only play as Zelda, aren't they?

I don't care what it is, as long as it isn't Fire Emblem or Zelda. Those announcements would just be a huge "yaaaaaawwwwn" for me.

theyre 100% going to announce a Hyrule Warriors that takes place whilst Zelda is in the past inTotK and you only play as Zelda, aren't they?
If this happened, I suspect it'll be less Dynasty Warriors and more like Fate Samurai Remnant

after two Hyrule Warriors and 3 Fire Emblem Warriors, a Warriors game based on the Xenoblade Chronicles franchise, seen to be a perfect fit, let end the Switch era with a Xenoblade Warriors, and on the next console, we could have a Hyrule Warriors Imprisining War or other franchise.

I think setting it in Aionios would make the most sense, since it already is an ongoing war setting. I'm not just sure how they would make past crossovers work in this case.

Or the easy solution: It's just the Nopon archsage setting up a tournament because he is bored.
Like the Nopon archsage wanting to do a tournament has been a recurring joke so yeah that would be the perfect setup since they can use anyone and anywhere they want.

Nah. We could get some ToTK dlc for AOC tho

Xenoblade is supposed to be done, right? Like the next game probably won’t be Xenoblade, but Xeno(something else)?

A Warriors game seems like a good way to use that brand and characters one more time then.

Xenoblade is supposed to be done, right? Like the next game probably won’t be Xenoblade, but Xeno(something else)?

A Warriors game seems like a good way to use that brand and characters one more time then.
no. "xenoblade" the brand will continue. the Klaus saga is done
no, the current arc is done. Xenoblade 4 is next.
Makes you wonder... if Square hadn't pushed away Tetsuya Takahashi by overfocusing on Final Fantasy, would we be talking about Xenosaga 8 today?

Makes you wonder... if Square hadn't pushed away Tetsuya Takahashi by overfocusing on Final Fantasy, would we be talking about Xenosaga 8 today?
I doubt it.

Squaresoft was already on its way to becoming a different beast after "Spirits Within" flopped, and the ensuing merger. Unless a "Xenogears 2" had emerged as a clear cut hit, I don't see what would have kept it from being left to largely languish like most other brands Square Enix had been left to.

Xenoblade Warriors for sure. Ever since the Noah and Mio amiibo were revealed I have felt like there has to be some kind of Xenoblade spin-off game in the works, and Warriors just fits the best.

Naw. He'd probably have ended up just like Masato Kato by making a follow-up to Xenogears that was a good game in its own right but an awful Xenogears sequel, and eventually left the company to work on indie projects that constantly call back to his original games.

Back
Top Bottom