• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion I think Subway should introduce 18 inch sandwiches

18 inch sub

• Total voters

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
PREFACE: DO NOT POST ABOUT THE PARTY SUBS I KNOW ABOUT THE PARTY SUBS THAT IS NOT WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT

I think they should make 18 inch subs for people who are super duper hungry or maybe want leftovers

think about it they just gotta put a 6 inch sub in the middle of a footlong it’s easy!

They'd have to bake new bread though. Or cut 3 inches off two footlongs and then sell 3-inch sandwiches also.

They'd have to bake new bread though. Or cut 3 inches off two footlongs and then sell 3-inch sandwiches also.
Just shove a 6 inch in the middle? It doesn’t matter if there’s ”three ends” to the sandwich, the end of the loaf is the best part anyway imo

PREFACE: DO NOT POST ABOUT THE PARTY SUBS I KNOW ABOUT THE PARTY SUBS THAT IS NOT WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT

I think they should make 18 inch subs for people who are super duper hungry or maybe want leftovers

think about it they just gotta put a 6 inch sub in the middle of a footlong it’s easy!
You know who does a 24-inch sub that's perfect for people who want leftovers?

Port of Subs.
*runs away*

Say you eat 6 inches of sub a day

Is that sub gonna be good on day FOUR?
I use it for lunch and dinner both, 6 inches each, so the sub never makes it quite that far.
because you're right, by day four the veggies are a bit dicey

come on Nate give me a tough question
Are you telling Nate to donate to your Streamlabs?

I use it for lunch and dinner both, 6 inches each, so the sub never makes it quite that far.
because you're right, by day four the veggies are a bit dicey

Are you telling Nate to donate to your Streamlabs?
twelve inches of sub a day, that makes more sense!!

Also, nah I just donated to Nate’s, actually.

Don’t they have Super Subs or something now? I assumed those were just subs with some added girth.

Just shove a 6 inch in the middle? It doesn’t matter if there’s ”three ends” to the sandwich, the end of the loaf is the best part anyway imo
The asymmetry would ruin my dining experience. And why eat at Subway if not to treat the senses?

This feels like an appropriate thread to tell a little story about my life.

Back when I was in college there were two sandwich shops right by campus. There was the reliable Subway, notoriously open until 2 AM, and a locally owned place. The two establishments were easily less than a hundred feet apart. Due in part to my avoidance of dairy, I tend to be very conservative in finding food, and I ended up going to Subway often and, in my three and a half years of college, never going to the local place.

Last spring I returned to campus to meet with some of my peers who I had left behind when I graduated the semester prior. They suggested we get lunch and, being of good taste, one recommended that local sandwich shop. I was quite nervous to leave the sterile confines of my familiar Subway, but dear reader believe me when I say that it was the best god damned sandwich I have eaten in my entire life. I left town with yet another regret from my college years, as I wondered how my life would have improved had I just tried the local sandwich shop and eaten there instead.

In any case, if Subway were to sell an 18 inch sub I would be compelled to return.

I worked at Subways in high school and first year of college.

I would make myself some bitchin' sandwiches. Stack them with the meats and sauces or make off the wall combos that were quite good like tuna with onions, some BBQ sauce and bacon. It was fun working there.

And yes, it is actual canned tuna. The same kind you get at a supermarket. Giant cans of Starkist tuna we would mix with a ton of mayo every day.

It was fun working there. Only annoying part were the English customers - quite a lot of brits in Boca Raton - and every time they came in and I would ask them if they wanted this and this they would always go "that never goes on a sandwich" or "oh no, you only put pickles on a cheese sandwich" as if it is some sort of law.

Like, I get it. You have your way of doing things in England. Don't have to remind me EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Back
Top Bottom