• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion I think Nintendo should have two different teams for 3D Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProteusRidley

Famiboards one and only Lost Kingdoms simp
I love BOtW and TotK, but I do miss the classic linearish of the older titles. Maybe Grezzo (OOT 3D MM 3D and LA) should be given a shot at making a new 3D Zelda. They've proven their worth and ability.

These big open world games don't scratch the same itch as WW, TP, OOT etc; I'm hoping to see them come back in some form. Maybe every 3 years we get a new Zelda, Formulaic and then Open World.

Do you agree? Who would you want to develop the Formulaic Zelda titles? Does this seem feasible?

Talk to me :)

No, I can never go back to the old school 3D Zelda again. Keep that for 2D Zeldas which I do feel it's better suited for - so much like Magic-Man suggested, I'd rather have a 2D Zelda team than a second 3D Zelda team.

I swear we just had this thread.

I'm going to repeat exactly what I said then:

I can understand the impulse, but because of the way development at Nintendo EPD works, which is less rigidly divided along traditional "teams" or "studios", I simply don't think it will go that way. Rather what is likelier to happen is that members from the "second team" are pulled into helping with whatever the "main team" is working on as needed, more and more until there is little delineation left and it's just a distinction without a difference.

Like, I get it, but from what I understand, Nintendo EPD simply does not seem to be set up to work that way.

Just outsourced to a trusted studio Murasame IP and make it as a semi-linear 3D action-adventure title with OOT formula.

There are no resources to spare for a second 3D Zelda team at Nintendo considering how many resources just one takes now. Unless Nintendo wants to outsource the game which is beyond doubtful. You’d have a better chance of a different IP using elements from older 3D Zelda’s or hoping Grezzo turns into the 2D team.

Grezzo is probably working on something, right? They are still around without a recent game?

The amount of resources thats needed to do a seperate 3D zelda that WONT even come CLOSE to hitting the sales heights of NuZelda means that itd be kind of a "why bother"

Or they could just make a 3D non linear Zelda that doesn’t give you all items/abilities in a 2-4 hour tutorial to then not being 120+ hours of getting sidetracked by shiny spots to then get health/stamina upgrades in monochrome puzzle rooms to then go to one of the four story dungeons that are in the ends of the 80+ km^2 map

Or they could just make a 3D non linear Zelda that doesn’t give you all items/abilities in a 2-4 hour tutorial to then not being 120+ hours of getting sidetracked by shiny spots to then get health/stamina upgrades in monochrome puzzle rooms to then go to one of the four story dungeons that are in the ends of the 80+ km^2 map
Agreed. Ditch the story dungeons and give me more shiny spots.

We already have this thread.

And the answer is that we need a dedicated 2D Zelda team way more than one for the OoT styled Zelda’s.

botw is where zelda finally clicked with me. I find older 3d zelda games to be cumbersome and confusing, not something id ever wish to go back. id prefer if they focused everything they have on the next 3d one lol

I still want a Zelda in the art style and vision from the Wii U tech demo. I don’t like that nintendo have teased us twice now and not delivered from what they shown.

I still want a Zelda in the art style and vision from the Wii U tech demo. I don’t like that nintendo have teased us twice now and not delivered from what they shown.
I desperately want it, too. Not because realistic Zelda or whatever but simply because that demo looked really nice. As time passes, however, it's looking less and less likely.

Thread locked at OP's request due to similar recent thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom