• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox I saw this concept art of an Xbox handheld and now I unironically want this

TheSpearGuy

transcended to the gods
ayoub-zgaren-microsoft-xbox-waves.jpg

ayoub-zgaren-microsoft-xbox-waves-2.jpg

Cram an Series S into this and you're golden

It would even solve this hassle :

Hi-Fi Rush is fully playable perfectly, and verified for Steam Deck by Valve, so not sure why anyone would carry an Xbox Series S + Screen to play it haha.

I agree it would have been great. I doubt however that microsoft dares to challenge nintendo on their own turf. (Also Steam Deck already exists.)

Hi-Fi Rush is fully playable perfectly, and verified for Steam Deck by Valve, so not sure why anyone would carry an Xbox Series S + Screen to play it haha.

I'd want to be able to play it off of a physical copy, though I don't think that exists for Hi-Fi Rush anyways.

It's one of the ugliest console fan concept I have ever seen. It makes the ps3 boomerang controller looks good.

Also the Phill Spencer tweet has to be some kind of marketing for the series S screen. I can't see why you would carry the full series S + controller + screen + AC wires just to play in a screen a bit bigger than the one form steam deck, or even a tablet with xcloud.

Looks cute, but seeing as Microsoft is already "struggling" (in terms of comparative market share) in the home console segment, I just don't see what kind of niche another handheld / hybrid system could possibly fill seeing as the Steam Deck has barely been able to have much of an impact so far.

I'd want to be able to play it off of a physical copy, though I don't think that exists for Hi-Fi Rush anyways.
I'm 100% with you but series S is digital only and yea...hi-fi rush sadly has no physical (or cd/vinyl soundtrack yet).

Don't like the kickstand and it is kind of pointless if you can't remove the controllers.

Obviously the big Q is if you can get Xbox power in a unit that size with decent battery life, good cost etc. I like the principle, but there is always more to it than just making it look the part.

Really like the green one. If Xbox had any exclusives I was interested in I’d definitely think of buying it.

I would unironically buy that pink one in a heartbeat.

But Xbox physical copies barely even exist.
The offers are much limited compared to Nintendo or Playstation.

Also I already disliked UMDs, carrying something with a whole blu ray drive in it would be so much worse.

I love how it looks and I love the name even more, but with the Switch and (to a much lesser extent) Steam Deck already doing exactly what this would do (and with infinitely more games), I don't see how this would be successful.

I would 100% jump on an Xbox handheld. It would be a Game Pass monster and probably get more playtime than my Switch

Back
Top Bottom