• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion I need help finding an old movie or television show that absolutely terrified me as a child in the 80's.

I know this is a shot in the dark but I'm desperate. I don't want to go to my grave never finding out what this was.

Years ago in the 1980's this local television station in Los Angeles, possibly KTLA, (those familiar with this station know Tom Hatten used to host a bunch of unusual films and shows on this station) used to run old black and white movies and TV shows. I remember one in particular from the 1950's or 60's in black and white that was very similar to the Twilight Zone in feeling, sort of supernatural noir film vibes, it could have been the ending of some strange movie.

A man runs over a blond bombshell type woman crossing the road and keeps driving but ends up repeatedly running over the same woman over and over again in a loop, he gets out of his car runs into a swamp where hands drag him underwater. The end. Very creepy and disturbing and I never forget it. But I've been looking for it for years with absolutely no luck. I've tried Reddit with no luck so far.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Last edited:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Outer_Limits_(1963_TV_series)_episodes

There's the original Outer Limits from the 60's but a quick ctrl f for "car" brings up a time looping episode about hitting someone but it's not what you described.
Yeah there seems to be quite a few similar media from that era. I'm currently watching Carnival of Souls (1962) because someone suggested it and it has the exact atmosphere of what I saw but I haven't seen the scene yet.

Even though I hope that you eventually find what you are looking for, I don't mind if more people do suggestions, there's quite a few cool series I haven't been aware of haha! I'm European though, we didn't have that big of a series culture back then.

Even though I hope that you eventually find what you are looking for, I don't mind if more people do suggestions, there's quite a few cool series I haven't been aware of haha! I'm European though, we didn't have that big of a series culture back then.

Last edited:
Not American so don’t think I can come close to helping (all the shows I would have suggested checking episode lists for got mentioned on Reddit already) but following this thread because I’m fascinated. I love horror anthology shows and I always wished we had more of a horror host culture here.

Fingers crossed you find what you’re looking for. To be honest the idea of a spooky movie on local TV you remember and others find familiar but can’t place is kind of spooky itself!

Not American so don’t think I can come close to helping (all the shows I would have suggested checking episode lists for got mentioned on Reddit already) but following this thread because I’m fascinated. I love horror anthology shows and I always wished we had more of a horror host culture here.

Fingers crossed you find what you’re looking for. To be honest the idea of a spooky movie on local TV you remember and others find familiar but can’t place is kind of spooky itself!
Yeah thank you. Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever figure out what it was. Such a shame too because it was so bizarre and memorable.

It's very possible that it could have been a foreign film, Italian or Mexican but unfortunately there's just no way to know until it's discovered.

Back
Top Bottom