• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club I Cut My Fingernails And Cannot Open The Switch OLED Cartridge Slot

juuso

Koopa
Is it the worst designed feature of an otherwise perfect iteration of the console?

Yes.

May as well have made it all digital to be honest.

Was this worth a thread?

Probably not.

Yeah the slot can be a struggle some times. I didnt wanna slander the OLED revision because it's a damn fine console otherwise, but now that it's in the open.

Nintendo WHY

Is it the worst designed feature of an otherwise perfect iteration of the console?

Yes.

May as well have made it all digital to be honest.

Was this worth a thread?

Probably not.
How deep do you cut your nails? Seriously :D
Also, when you've opened the lit several times, it opens a lot easier.

I have to ask my spouse to open it for me

There's nothing more degrading

But then I get to play Skyward Sword so it's whatever

I really fucking despise that slot

I was seriously gonna make this thread at some point, thank you for saving me the trouble

Weirdly, as a chronic nail biter, I somehow don't really struggle with this particular slot. But usually these kind of things are a nightmare for me - my laptop comes with a built in slot for its stylus (which I almost never use, good laptop choice hologram 🤡), and every time I try to remove it I have to resort to using my keys

Bigger problem is how hard is to put cartridge in card slot. Nintendo used some thicc springs.

OP is wasting time here. Go to twitter and open a thread about the how badly designed the switch is for nail eaters and get few hundred random likes and followers. Add some pics and sell your account to some random NFT seller.

just use a paperclip bro
One_red_paperclip.jpg

I thought the OG slot was bad. OLED has the worst of slots. It's a damn struggle and I'm pretty sure it's Nintendo's way of telling me to go digital

Update: I am no longer stuck with Mario Kart, I wonder if the nails just grew enough or I had a better technique after some rest.

I used this opportunity to play the best 3D Mario, Bowser's Fury. I am half kidding, although it's really grown on me and I prefer the faster movement to e.g. Odyssey. The Bowser thing doesn't quite work, which is a shame since it's so central to the design, but again, the movement feels great, and the levels and world are super fun.

How deep do you cut your nails? Seriously :D

Too deep, clearly! In my defense, I've been doing some spring yardwork and it was all the dirt under the nails that drove me nuts and made me clip them.

Back
Top Bottom