• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion I believe Genshin Impact will be launch game for the Nintendo Switch Successor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FXSoccer14

Rattata
Banned
They game still hasn't released on the Switch. So I would assume theu see waiting for the next console to release. Making that game a launch title would be pretty good.

giphy.gif

"Source?"

Not sure about launch title, especially because Playstation seems to have Mihoyo and others making similar games around their finger with PS5 ports but I do think it may still come to the next Switch. If it doesn't, well...see my last sentence again lol.

But seriously, you should rephrase that title, it gives the wrong idea.

Eitherway, Genshin Impact as a launch title, will probably move a lot of units. For some, the PS5 is their Gachastation 5, because it has been a primary platform for those game on consoles, but Nintendo hasn't been able to ride the Mihoyo wave.

I think it's also a more natural fit compared to mobiles, because of the cohesive controller scheme. Not every iOS user has an controller and afaik no android phone has received controller support (apart from touch screen remapping).

So the non-console alternative would be your laptop or PC.

I don't think the reason Genshin is not on Switch already is the tech. It kinda sounds like Sony has full console exclusivity over the title. It was supposed to come after the timed exclusivity period but it seems they extended it much further.

I don't think the reason Genshin is not on Switch already is the tech. It kinda sounds like Sony has full console exclusivity over the title. It was supposed to come after the timed exclusivity period but it seems they extended it much further.
I genuinely think this is the real reason too

I think I expect every gacha to make it over. It's just too appealing.

sony probably moved mountains to keep star rail off the succ. being the gachastation 5 it's like their one advantage in japan too and if that goes...

This type of discussion is better suited for the Switch 2 Speculation ST. Feel free to continue the conversation there. - Lord Azrael, Zellia, ngpdrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom