• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion I’m just so tired

Fighting this myself, the crushing ennui of everyday life combined with what feels like a hopeless future can really do that to you.
Physical fitness is what I work on when I feel this way

Would you mind elaborate about your goals, past or present? I would like to hear more about the background of this current status.
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I've seen you post on Install Base and you are a pretty cool guy. Just wanted you to know that.

Maybe you could try doing something you have never done before. Go somewhere you know of you have never been to, doesn't even have to be a physical place, it could be a website maybe. Obviously not a permanent fix but it might keep you engaged if only for today.

Best of luck. I hope you are able to overcome this.

I hear you bud. I struggle with mental health as well. If you ever want to talk about anything, your struggles or just having someone to talk to about normal stuff my DM's are open. You're not alone.

Thank you everyone. You guys are awesome :)

I know eventually I’ll feel better in my head, I hope it’s soon, and when I do I hope it’s for a long time. But in the interim I just have to try my hardest to get through this slump. And meanwhile I just have to work to get myself to believe that I’ll feel better soon as well.

I know eventually I’ll feel better in my head, I hope it’s soon, and when I do I hope it’s for a long time. But in the interim I just have to try my hardest to get through this slump. And meanwhile I just have to work to get myself to believe that I’ll feel better soon as well.
You're equally awesome so, I hope you manage to get through this slump it's never easy but, it can be done.

If you ever need to talk feel free to DM. I sympathize with what you are going through as I have some very similar issues myself. Best of luck.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

I'm sorry you're going through this, PT. Depression is a bitch, but fortunately, in the end, it's a treatable or at least manageable illness. One thing that gives me solace when dealing with it is that I can manage it with meds, while there are a myriad of other illnesses that are basically untreatable. We all have to carry our burdens through life, I think at least mine is manageable.

Are you already doing therapy and taking meds? That's the first step if you aren't, I used to be skeptical about therapy but it's a huge help and arguably the most effective way to treat depression on the long term (finding the right professional and right approach for your specific case is key, obviously). Meds will help immensely making you stable enough to function and go on with your life while you're trying to get your shit figured out and fight the illness.

If you're already taking meds, consider talking to your doctor about needing to either increase the dosage or changing meds. Some meds stop being effective after a while, and others will make you stable enough but still apathetic. Your story felt very familiar to me because that has happened to me before, when I started taking meds I initially felt much better because I wasn't feeling like shit all the time, but after a couple years I realized I wasn't ever feeling happy either, so those meds weren't ideal for me. Now I'm on other meds and feeling much much better.

Hope you feel better soon, feel free to hit me up if you need to talk through anything or ask for any advice. You got this!

Traveling/going somewhere new is my personal medicine. I love exploring. Doesn't matter how far away it is or close to home it is, seeing new places really uplifts me. Even if it's short exercises just going out into nature or your local parks is also great for me. The small pleasures in life and all that. Hope you and anyone reading or posting on here who are feeling down feel better soon. Life can be so hard. Take care of yourselves.

I read many of your posts and it always surprises me that the people who are such good writers and a thousand-fold more creative as I will ever be in my life tend to suffer from negative thoughts the most. I can only feel you coming from a period of unrest myself when I was a tad younger, I struggled with life and felt it was too daunting and I had a lot of anxiety to go outside so I od'd on a few occassions. Looking back on it all what helped me then was:

• Looking for help among trusted peers
  • Talking about your feelings, even if you think it may not resolve anything
  • You are not alone
  • There will always be people that like you no matter what, you will just have to find those people that look further and see your for who you really are from within.
  • move your body, as long as you move your body your mind will follow.
  • nature heals
  • eat healthy, on many occassions a bad diet can be a cause for depression as well.

just a few random things that may or may not help.

I hope you will manage and that you may find the right flow again! Thank you for sharing your story.

Back
Top Bottom