• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion I‘m so drunk right now, what I‘m doing with my life?

Depends;

1) Are you just contemplating life behind a keyboard after having a few drinks too many? Safe zone.

2) Did you post this thread while looking down on your phone while having a an awful Christmas party? Eh, seems safe to me. Everyone has one of those parties.

3) Now if you are posting this thread on your phone, outside in the cold and all you are wearing are your boxers… you should asses your life and think about the things you did which brought you to this point in time.

3) Now if you are posting this thread on your phone, outside in the cold and all you are wearing are your boxers… you should asses your life and think about the things you did which brought you to this point in time.
Not wearing boxers but definitely on a different planet where I‘m spending to much money.

Isn't being drunk in Christmas / Christmas Eve standard practice?

As long you're not driving, enjoy yourself.

I was sober when I had these thoughts on Christmas Eve and cried in the lav and yesterday when I had these thoughts but just stared myself down in the mirror and told myself to get it the fuck together, so having a little buzz going definitely seems like a step up.

We are in the holiday void. These big questions can be answered by mid-January us. Maybe.

Eh. Thursday my wife, myself, and my brother went to a local Florida brewery and not sure what happened, but it seemed like a good idea at the time, and me and my brother had three Belgium style triples that were 11 percent each lol yeah, we were both a mess when we left lol

Hell I was so unprepared. Got Money over christmas, meet a friend I‘ve not seen for 12 years and ate nothing that night. Also the last time I got drunk was like before Covid. Was out yesterday for the whole day.
It was fun but never again. Seriously.

OP I’m a little drunk right now on soju FYI happy Christmas / new year and such

Recreative intoxication has been a part of human history for as long as humankind has existed. As it happens, simply existing can be rather hard for our brain, specially if the person is in a state (or economical system) where there seems no inherent reason for existing, of if it does, it seems unclear and shrouded, leading to pain. According to Buddhism, all existence is suffering and it's more on how you perceive and deal with this rather than trying to actively avoid it.

In other words, as long as you're not depressed or going through any other mental illness/difficult period of life, and you're not using alcohol to constantly and vividly escape from reality, you'll probably be fine. But if you're going through a moment of mental illness, please, seek professional help.

Back
Top Bottom