• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox (hypothetical) Portable Xbox Series, what letter to use?

Which letter would you use for a portable Xbox Series?

• C

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • E

• H

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • L

• M

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • P

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • T

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Other (mention it below)

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters
I originally though using the letter "P" would work, but not sure if that's the best one. Then I looked up synonyms of "portable" and saw a bunch of words that might work as letters.

Which one would you choose?

Series X(treme)

Series S(lim)

Series L(ite)

also imagine the headlines if that device ended up being a commercial failure.

Once I saw it listed in your poll I realized I kind of like Series H(andheld)! There's just something about it that sort of twinges my brain in a good way. It's too bad that Microsoft is committed to streaming being their portable solution, because I would totally switch over to a hypothetical Series H.

Xbox Series S is already an L so has to be something else.
As a Series S owner who wishes they were playing Baldur's Gate III...lmao

P for Portable would make the most sense... which probably disqualifies it for Microsoft :LOL:

Once I saw it listed in your poll I realized I kind of like Series H(andheld)! There's just something about it that sort of twinges my brain in a good way. It's too bad that Microsoft is committed to streaming being their portable solution, because I would totally switch over to a hypothetical Series H.

As a Series S owner who wishes they were playing Baldur's Gate III...lmao

As a Series X owner who would love to buy it there as well next month to cross save...lmao indeed.

S = Slim/Small

X = "No greater power than X"

P = Portable sounds exactly like something Xbox would go for.

Besides the hypothetical, if you want a Portable Series S now, it is possible (kinda) with the various screen attachments available. Gonna be the perfect way to play Starfield (for me at least).

• Xbox Series Conveyable
  • Xbox Series Easily Carried
  • Xbox Series Handy
  • Xbox Series Lightweight
  • Xbox Series Manageable
  • Xbox Series Portative
  • Xbox Series Transportable
These are all good names. Why must I pick?

E.

The three letters used for different models of Xbox are X, S, and E. We haven't seen an E since the 360. There is a reason why they wouldn't want to use it due to what S, X and E could spell out but it's one they've used before.

Z is a possibility, maybe if it's a clamshell or has a kickstand?

I think they have lots of flexibility with the Series brand. Maybe we see a Series XZ for the Pro model.

Of all letters of the alphabet, I think the candidates would be:

E, G, H, I, K, M, Q, R, (obviously S), T, V, (Again, obviously X), and Z.

All the rest have implications or are used for something related. U as in Wii U, C as in Type C, A and B as in A-B testing, F as in failure, D as in unmentionables, same reason for P, J as in joke or joker, L as in loser, N as in no or a slur, O as in zero, Ordinary, or a passing grade that just barely passes, W because it has too many syllables, Y as in why.

P is terrible, joke tells itself.

Xbox Go is clichéd as hell but

OIP.mv8lL8YJQBU4quSeVLyyGQAAAA

Seriously, though. How pressured would Sony feel if Microsoft enters the portable market?
They felt pressured enough by Switch and Steam Deck to make a handheld solely for Streaming, if Xbox got into the market Sony might make their handheld play Android games too!

My not-fun answer: there won’t be a portable Xbox, because the Logitech G Cloud is basically a portable Xbox, made in collaboration with Microsoft to emphasize xCloud and Remote Play.

My fun answer: Xbox Series Go

I think it'd be H for handheld.

P for portable makes the most sense on the surface, but I could see them wanting to avoid any potential awkwardnes that might come from their consoles being abbreviated as PSX.

I also just really don't see Xbox making their own dedicated handheld though. I think they'd rather keep using Xcloud and/or 3rd party handheld PCs fill that niche.

Last edited:
People are mememing on why they would want to make a hand-held, especially as a unified product has become a clear goal for console devs. But look at those switch sales. Portable PC's clearly haven't had much impact yet. A hand-held xbox with a bespoke ui that keeps your xbox one games and maybe a few series s titles (ports, mind you, unless it's super expensive or would be many years away). Would probably do alright. Or better yet Microsoft finally gets on that hand-held Windows ui and improves the Microsoft and xbox apps for pc. I wouldn't expect as much effeciency as steam or the switch, but improvements to usability could certainly be made.

Allow me to throw my hat in the ring for G, as in "Go".

Hire me please, Microsoft.

Back
Top Bottom