• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club How do you say the name of the 2nd Nintendo Console?

What is the right way to say it

• S. N. E. S.

Votes: 59 24.1%
  • Sness

Votes: 58 23.7%
  • Super Nintendo

Votes: 100 40.8%
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Super Famicom

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Super N.E.S.

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Snez

Votes: 12 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gartooth

Universal Madness
Founder
Pronouns
He/him
nintendo-super-nintendo-entertainment-system-snes-9-preview.png

How do you say this thing's name?

Let the results of this poll forever decide what it shall be called

Nintendo Entertainment System Pro

Grew up spelling it out, but in recent years with more podcasts and video, I’ve defected to Sness.

"Sness" and "Snezz" people are cops.

It's S.N.E.S. When I was a kid, it was most often Super Nintendo (as sanctioned by Biggie) or Super N.E.S. Nobody called it those other two garbage terms.

I grew up calling it the Super Nintendo because there wasn't, like, internet or anything to see what other people called it. So I called it what it said on the box. Years later seeing "SNES" in magazines and online had me calling it "es en ee es" but then I was an adult by the time youtube came along and I finally heard people saying "sness."

What really blew my mind was when I started following Nintendolife a few years ago and heard English people say "snez"

Aside from a short lapse of judgement where I actually uttered the word "Sness" it’s always been Super Nintendo or S.N.E.S.

Personally, I call it the S. N. E. S. aka chaotic good.

People who call it the "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" are lawful good.

"Super Nintendo" is true neutral.

People outside of Japan who use "Super Famicom" are chaotic neutral.

Anyone calling it the "Sness" (or even worse, a "Snez") is chaotic evil, and a heretic to our lord and savior Shigeru "Jesus Christ" Miyamoto. Do better smh /s

As a kid I always called it Super Nintendo. Tbh that's still what I tend to call it, although I use the others sometimes.

S N E S

even tho I never owned one.

I also say N64 and not Nintendo 64

"Super Nintendo Chalmers" of course!

Serious: I think in Germany it was commonly simply named "Super Nintendo".

I remember this question from one of the other boards.

Sness or Snez were common at my school in England.

N.E.S. is fine, but S.N.E.S. is one letter too many to have to spell out every time.

Back
Top Bottom