• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Honkai: Star Rail |ST| Sweet Dreams (Ver. 2.2 Banners and details revealed!)

The entire patch is great for me. I wanted both Jinliu and Seele, so having them separate helps alot. Plus I could get C6 Qinque (C2 right now) and Guinafen.

Ver. 1.4 will last 5 weeks instead of the usual 6. Could be a sign that Penacony is closer than we thought

So how's everyone's savings for 1.4 looking like? And what are your plans for this version?
I have 156 passes saved up as of right now with 31 pity. Even in the worst case scenario, I should be able to get both Jinliu and Seele

Not really feeling this trailer. Feels like the conversation could have been in Yanqing's companion quest.
I mean, sadly MOST of the High Cloud Quintet stuff is in trailers. Which is quite questionable. At least Genshin get's this cinematic moments in the Character Quests. Star Rail puts a lot of lore and other relevant stuff in trailers and videos outside of the game. While I like the game I'm not really a fan of that. The trailers are cool and all, but nearly nothing of this is in the game.

I mean, sadly MOST of the High Cloud Quintet stuff is in trailers. Which is quite questionable. At least Genshin get's this cinematic moments in the Character Quests. Star Rail puts a lot of lore and other relevant stuff in trailers and videos outside of the game. While I like the game I'm not really a fan of that. The trailers are cool and all, but nearly nothing of this is in the game.

I would prefer this stuff to be in the game as well. I have played Honkai Impact and Genshin and never felt the need to watch these types of trailers to get more lore or information on these characters.

I feel HSR really messed up by releasing and covering Blade and DanIL so early.

Yea, I think if they expanded more on High-Cloud Quintet stuff it might have been fine but with them tiptoeing around the topic it just left me disappointed with the story.

I would prefer this stuff to be in the game as well. I have played Honkai Impact and Genshin and never felt the need to watch these types of trailers to get more lore or information on these characters.

Yea, I think if they expanded more on High-Cloud Quintet stuff it might have been fine but with them tiptoeing around the topic it just left me disappointed with the story.
Honestly, the High Cloud quintet stuff should have been part of the main story. Instead we got a bad arc and an overly-streched lore bit.

Think i'm ready for Jingliu. Now to fully focus on Seele
xtvsqbvcuksb1.png

Some fun stuff happened this morning with the Jingliu overview. Her ultimate in the overview showed that the eyes where changed from her dead-looking eyes to more cute ones.
kpblqqrclisb1.jpg
batqoqrclisb1.jpg

This pissed of everyone so much that Hoyo had to come out to explain that the new version was an error and she had her old eyes in the final version.
But anyway, here's some memes that came out of that situation
8lyhsjhreksb1.jpg

vqfrlf1w8jsb1.jpg

6maw3f11oisb1.png

tbwtrp2srksb1.png

Ready for tomorrow. I'm also at 31 Pity and still need to do Swarm disaster + other stuff, so even in the worst case scenario I should be able to get both Jingliu and Seele
F8DzG02XMAEPTWa

Ready for tomorrow. I'm also at 31 Pity and still need to do Swarm disaster + other stuff, so even in the worst case scenario I should be able to get both Jingliu and Seele
F8DzG02XMAEPTWa
I regret wasting my tickets on Fu, I did not even get her lol. But I have 8k jades so I am hoping for seele as well. I do hope we get more imaginary types I only got Yukong and Welt is hard to get.

I regret wasting my tickets on Fu, I did not even get her lol. But I have 8k jades so I am hoping for seele as well. I do hope we get more imaginary types I only got Yukong and Welt is hard to get.
If you have a guaranteed Seele you should be able to get her without problems, as long as you do pretty much everything in 1.4

New redemption code: PT8TF72MQ93X

Lost 50/50 but got Jingliu within the next 60 pulls and had to use around 70 pulls for her lightcone.

I am officially out of jades so I guess I will be skipping Seele's lightcone.

WON THE 50/50!!!! First time it happens for me across both Genshin and HSR.
also tried another 50+ pulls to see I I could get E6 Qinque, but got like E15 Sampo and E5 Clara and then tried one last 10-pill and got E2 Gepard.
Basically Seele is guaranteed now (I still have 76 pulls) and I should also be ablo to get silver wolf or someone else comfortably

This has been a wonderfull day(except for the E15 sampo)
F8IsODxW8AEdNPg

F8IsNvwWQAAllE4

Done with both the new story and Jingliu companion mission.
A bit short but it was very good. I initially thought Topaz would be more of a greedy person, but surprisingly she's not, and I'm glad they made her a more understanding person.Everything else was also handed well, especially the trio Bronya, Seele, Svarog. Only disappointment is that I wished we could have seen the festival

less of a Jingliu companion mission and more of a High cloud Quintet explanation mission and setup for future Xianzhou alliance story chapters, which is good, since we needed those, but I wish it was more about Jingliu. Honestly, the entire Xianzhou Storyline has been disappointing. Hopefully the next Ship (whenever that is) is done better.

Finally saved enough to get Bronya's light cone from the shop! Also I really need to get better planar ornaments for her, she had 2* ones until now and I never realised it

less of a Jingliu companion mission and more of a High cloud Quintet explanation mission and setup for future Xianzhou alliance story chapters, which is good, since we needed those, but I wish it was more about Jingliu. Honestly, the entire Xianzhou Storyline has been disappointing. Hopefully the next Ship (whenever that is) is done better.
I have done some of the 1.4 content (still on the Topaz mission) and to be honest so far I agree with you its been disappointing. Overly complex for some reason, and bunch of side stories are kinda sad, feels like everyone is miserable. I really enjoyed the Belobog arc, simple with interesting characters, but the Xianzhou is a very mixed bag.

I'm very off and on for this game, still a few story patches behind dealing with Fu Xuan and the new tree that bloomed. But I am motivated to save for Topaz, I think her design is killer

Pretty satisfied with my Jingliu right now. all that's left is to build Pela (and Tingyun) and then she will be pretty much unstoppable
F8bXWm7XsAAD-p1

Also finally started the aether wars event. all these pokèmon references are killing me!

Just finished the Aetherium Wars event

Perfection. 10/10. It was so GOOD! And all the Pokèmon references my god I loved it!

Jingliu is really fun to play. And Yanqing was my best DPS before so she slots in easily in my main team

I'll have to tone down my bronya speed in SU Hunt path she's always before Jingliu, making her skill almost useless

sad to say the Xianzhou final boss does not meet that high mark and it's not even close
Kinda disagree, maybe it's not as hype, but it's still epic and is visually better.

Last edited:
I managed to get Jingliu and her Light Cone (the latter somehow coming in my first attempt) and I'm happy cause she's crazy good but now I'm curious about the Eidolon part of upgrades. Are we actually expected to keep doing Warps on the off-chance of getting a duplicate to raise the Eidolon? The rates for 5-stars are so low I gotta imagine there's another way unless Eidolon simply isn't that important.

I managed to get Jingliu and her Light Cone (the latter somehow coming in my first attempt) and I'm happy cause she's crazy good but now I'm curious about the Eidolon part of upgrades. Are we actually expected to keep doing Warps on the off-chance of getting a duplicate to raise the Eidolon? The rates for 5-stars are so low I gotta imagine there's another way unless Eidolon simply isn't that important.
Eidolons don't really matter for limited 5*. They are just nice upgrades. Best to focus on getting new characters.

Last edited:
Quoted by: Lio
Simulated Universe is so fun. It was a great idea to add a roguelite mode to this.

I was sleeping on the "Harmony" class, thinking that as long as I had a healer and the tank MC I'd be fine with Jingliu and Himeko since that's three 5-star characters but swapping Himeko for Tingyun made my team so OP. Tingyun boosting Jingliu got me past some fights that would've been impossible otherwise.
Eidolons don't really matter for limited 5*. They are just nice upgrades. Best to focus on getting new characters.
That's good to know. Thanks!

I cannot motivate myself to keep going with the Xianzhou plotline it's so boring. Unfortunately I have to so I can play storylocked events

Just like Genshin, the beginner banner in Star Rail ended up being a huge scam for me. I was hoping for Clara, but got Yanqing. There's at least the 5* selector, so I'll eventually be able to get Clara if I don't roll her before then. That would have been real nice in Genshin where I still don't have Mona after playing for nearly three years.

I wasn't sure who I wanted out of Jingliu/Topaz/Seele, so I was just throwing whatever rolls I got at the character banner. I hit soft-pity on Jingliu's banner the other day, and won my first 50/50 in Star Rail! It's been almost a year since I last won a 50/50 in Genshin, so it's nice to remember what good luck feels like lol. I'll probably try for Topaz too, but I'm not sure if dailies and the free rolls I have left will be enough to get me to soft-pity again.

My luck with 4* characters has also been pretty good so far. I have all three of the 4*s on Jingliu's banner, a lot of eidolons, and I also rolled Luka and Sushang on perma. I already have E3 March 7th which feels really weird coming from Genshin where constellations of the starter characters are some of the rarest things in the game lol.

I like Star Rail a lot, but it still leaves a bitter taste how long those of us who held out for the PS5 port ended up having to wait. The port is good, but it really sucks having missed out on so many characters. I've finished the Belobog story, so I'm going back to Genshin for a few days to do the poetry event before starting the next planet.

Back
Top Bottom