• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Honkai: Star Rail |ST| Sweet Dreams (Ver. 2.2 Banners and details revealed!)

As much as it annoys me I might have to come back to Argenti. Coming off hiatus and being mostly F2P, I have no modern meta DPS or support and my light cones are pretty mid in effects.

As much as it annoys me I might have to come back to Argenti. Coming off hiatus and being mostly F2P, I have no modern meta DPS or support and my light cones are pretty mid in effects.

ee233a2d08912fe7a6521a7f426bb595c5efec36.jpg

NEVERMIND GEPPIE IS ETERNALLY GOATED šŸ˜¤ šŸ˜¤

Also wow Argenti's battle theme is amazing. Contender for my favourite music piece in-game

I decided to go back toG&G to try and beat some connundrum difficulties with Acheron.
Managed to beat connundrum 2, But connundrum 4 is way to hard forme and Gepards shiels are not enough. I will try Again when Aventurine releases, But I might have to drop the UniversalMarket LC in favor of Gepard's for that extra defence

Artist: Yolanda
Source

GKnHahnbEAA1qoK

Well I started the ghost quest in Fyxestroll Garden and I'm having a lot of fun. These main side quests are all really good so far, I wasn't expecting it to have proper cutscenes and everything!

Today is 300% SU drops day! time to see what good relics I get!

gets either bad relics or Great relics with the wrong mainstat or on the wrong set

GEgQ1MlWMAEvyeV

Against my better judgment I went deep on Salsotto, since I'm also going in on the follow up team.

I got some decent pieces but I haven't leveled them up yet to see how bad they roll.

I've got 170 pulls currently with a guarantee for Aventurine, so I'm hoping I win my first 50/50 on Robin next patch lol.

So I kept pulling on Acheron's banner for more copies of Gallagher and got e1 Acheron in 18 pulls.

I decided to go all in and use all my starlight to get around 90 tickets and got Acheron again in another 78 pulls.

I now have e2 Acheron... my first e2/c2 character.

Cleared G&G Con 4. almost messed it up by turning the last Domain in an occurence one, but thankfully I got the Ruan Mei occcurance so I had plenty of buffs.

Now to try and clear Con.6. Let's see If I'm Able to do it before Aventurine releases.

Cleared G&G Con 4. almost messed it up by turning the last Domain in an occurence one, but thankfully I got the Ruan Mei occcurance so I had plenty of buffs.

Now to try and clear Con.6. Let's see If I'm Able to do it before Aventurine releases.
I don't really understand G&G at all, is there a good guide you can recommend? The dice faces and paths just confuse me

I don't really understand G&G at all, is there a good guide you can recommend? The dice faces and paths just confuse me
There are no good guides since most of them are about how to cheese it, but basically G&G (and Swarm Disaster) are all about using the path and dice effects to maximise your damage.
First pick a path that suits your team (you have Argenti, who's main source of damage is his ultimate, so pick Erudition path).
Then comes the dice. Which dice you pick doesn't really matter as long as you can fulfill the condition for the passive, but I do recommend the Pursuit dice as it has the easiest passive to trigger and can help in getting as many blessings as possible without cheating.
Problem are the dice faces. You want to pick the ones that can help trigger the dice passive, so read the description carefully.

As for blessings, the ones I recommend for each path are
Preservation: the one that gives you a stackable shield, the one that increases shield strength and any blessings that gives Quake damage.
Nihility: Hell is other people and any blessings that increases break effect (the others only help with Dot teams)
Hunt: Auspicious Star which recharges your ultimate each time you defeat an enemy (and if enhanced, makes it possible to have unlimited Ult.) and any advance forward blessings.
Abundance: the blessings that blasts healing to all the team + the ones that have Dewdrop
Elation (if you picked Erudition path): the one that considers Ultimates as follow up attacks. After that pick whichever helps boost follow up attacks
Elation (no Erudition path): all of them are good, but you'll need someone that can do follow up attacks (like Ratio)
Erudition: any blessings that has Brain in a Vat. + The one that revives a fallen character.
Destruction: Blessings that contain Fighting Spirit and the one that revives a fallen character. There's also the one that splits damage between allies which is great, but G&G has alot of Aoe attacks that do alot of damage, so you'll need a good shielder and other defensive buffs.

Remembrance is hard to use so I wouldn't recommend it and Propagation is best as a sort of sub path.

As for Occurances, if you get the Ruan Mei Occurances, always pick that and avoid the Unending Darkness and Nildis, Occurances. The one called Cosmic Crescendo can be useful early in the run.
If you see the Cheating code Occurance, always pick the first option, as the other will make you enter combat the next time the Occurance appears.

For the bosses, don't pick Gepard, the Deer or the Twin robots as they are the hardest.

Other than that I'm not sure what to say. I recommend not doing G&G before you got another good Sustain (you could go for Aventurine next week) and have good builds for your characters.

Last edited:
There are no good guides since most of them are about how to cheese it, but basically G&G (and Swarm Disaster) are all about using the path and dice effects to maximise your damage.
First pick a path that suits your team (you have Argenti, who's main source of damage is his ultimate, so pick Erudition path).
Then comes the dice. Which dice you pick doesn't really matter as long as you can fulfill the condition for the passive, but I do recommend the Pursuit dice as it has the easiest passive to trigger and can help in getting as many blessings as possible without cheating.
Problem are the dice faces. You want to pick the ones that can help trigger the dice passive, so read the description carefully.

As for blessings, the ones I recommend for each path are
Preservation: the one that gives you a stackable shield, the one that increases shield strength and any blessings that gives Quake damage.
Nihility: Hell is other people and any blessings that increases break effect (the others only help with Dot teams)
Hunt: Auspicious Star which recharges your ultimate each time you defeat an enemy (and if enhanced, makes it possible to have unlimited Ult.) and any advance forward blessings.
Abundance: the blessings that blasts healing to all the team + the ones that have Dewdrop
Elation (if you picked Erudition path): the one that considers Ultimates as follow up attacks. After that pick whichever helps boost follow up attacks
Elation (no Erudition path): all of them are good, but you'll need someone that can do follow up attacks (like Ratio)
Erudition: any blessings that has Brain in a Vat. + The one that revives a fallen character.
Destruction: Blessings that contain Fighting Spirit and the one that revives a fallen character. There's also the one that splits damage between allies, but because G&G has alot of Aoe and high damaging attacks, it's basically useless.

Remembrance is hard to use so I wouldn't recommend it and Propagation is best as a sort of sub path.

As for Occurances, if you get the Ruan Mei Occurances, always pick that and avoid the Unending Darkness and Nildis, Occurances. The one called Cosmic Crescendo can be useful early in the run.
If you see the Cheating code Occurance, always pick the first option, as the other will make you enter combat the next time the Occurance appears.

For the bosses, don't pick Gerard, the Deer or the Twin robots as they are the hardest.

Other than that I'm not sure what to say. I recommend not doing G&G before you got another good Sustain (you could go for Aventurine next week) and have good builds for your characters.
Awesome thank you the write-up! I am going for Aventurine so I might leave it until I get him :)

Then there's Company Time which is absolutely broken (though I haven't tried it since I long cleared both swarm and gold and gears).

Another 36* MoC. Had to restart the last fight due to two of my characters dying, but in the end I beat it with 2 turns left before the limit.
GLRQ05bXIAA-9Ud

Last edited:
Used roughly 50 tickets for one Bronnya dupe and one Aventurine, not too bad! Also got some nice extra copies for Luka who I've been meaning to use

CLEARED CONUNDRUM 6 JUST 15 MINUTES BEFORE AVENTURINE RELEASES FOR ME!! HELL YEAH!!
Is Aventurine supposed to be doing low damage with his FUA or did I build him wrong?

Depends if on how much Crit Rate/DMg and defense he has. With 4000 defense, he gets 48% bonus crit rate. So if you manage to get him to 35 Crit rate and 4000 defense with just the substats, go for a crit DMG body

Aventurine joins Wanderer from Genshin as a character I only rolled because he's good with one of my favorites (Faruzan in Genshin, Topaz in Star Rail). I wouldn't have kept going if I had lost the 50/50, but it helps a lot that I rolled him because I didn't have any 5* sustains lol.

I have to finish building him to see if I can get enough defense to max his passive, but I can probably at least get pretty close.

I reached Trailblaze level 70 today! That was a much faster grind than in Genshin lol.

I'm also only a couple rolls away from soft-pity on the perma banner again (hoping for Clara). Otherwise, I'll have to wait until I hit 300 rolls which is still ~60 away for me.

either tomorrow or wednesday we'll get the 2.3 character reveals. Just as a warning, One of the characters will likely be a spoiler for the Penacony story so far depending on what Hoyo does. so if you haven't reched the end of 2.1 story be careful. I'll put said character under spoiler until the end of 2.1 just in case.

Also this week we'll get the 2.2 Livestream, which will definitely include the new weekly boss, so another spoiler. yay.
Mihoyo be like "Hey, how can we make the Boothill banner to sell?"

9sf3k6ogqyvc1.png

New mode made for single target characters.

Yanqing mains with Aventurine and now this:
finally-my-time-e6eb745a21.jpg

Also new SU with new lore! They'll probably add Harmony as a path considering we're in Penacony. also we might get the designs of Long, Idrilla and hopefully, Terminus, tho the last one is probably being saved for when the story isabout to end.

SU is my favourite part of the game, so bring on more versions!!

Also they're making an Aventurine nendo, very cute.

GLqeZL_XkAAgzXb

Having a light cone dilemma because I want to pull Robin for the Ratio/Topaz/Robin/Aventurine team, but I'll need more debuffs for Ratio to be consistent.

I'm leaning towards pulling for Topaz's S1, since I'm currently running Trends of the Universal Market on Aventurine and it seems to be working fine, though he has all defense relics to compensate.

Aventurine's S1 is very tempting, but if I can get more Superimpositions for Trends that might be enough to let me swap some gear for him eventually. He's currently at 4200 Defense with just S2 on Trends.

Topaz's light cone also seems like it would be more useful on other/future characters down the line.

Last edited:
Edit: since it's been revealed, no need to spiler tag it anymore
Firefly
Fire, Destruction

Last edited:
Since going for Firefly and 2.2 is mostly a skip, I go with her as E0S1 partly because I have a serious shortage of good Destruction lightcones.

Three people fighting over Fall of an Aeon ain't good.

Having a light cone dilemma because I want to pull Robin for the Ratio/Topaz/Robin/Aventurine team, but I'll need more debuffs for Ratio to be consistent.

I'm leaning towards pulling for Topaz's S1, since I'm currently running Trends of the Universal Market on Aventurine and it seems to be working fine, though he has all defense relics to compensate.

Aventurine's S1 is very tempting, but if I can get more Superimpositions for Trends that might be enough to let me swap some gear for him eventually. He's currently at 4200 Defense with just S2 on Trends.

Topaz's light cone also seems like it would be more useful on other/future characters down the line.

silver-wolf-encouraging-you-to-pull-for-her-v0-24ht62djon5c1.jpg

I ended up getting Bronya's LC which is fine because I don't have many 5* LCs. When I hit 300 rolls, I think it'll probably be smarter to hold off and see what my next 5* is before picking Clara. I should be getting a character next (assuming Star Rail works the same as Genshin), and it would really suck to use the selector on Clara only to get her from perma like a month later lol.

Since going for Firefly and 2.2 is mostly a skip, I go with her as E0S1 partly because I have a serious shortage of good Destruction lightcones.

Three people fighting over Fall of an Aeon ain't good.
I only have one Destruction DPS built atm so I guess I'd be fine waiting for Sam LC and keeping Aeon S5 on Jingliu. But that doesn't scratch the gambling itch...

Follow up team fans gotta hope to be lucky as these next few banners will shred their wallets.

Won't be joining on the follow up fun for now. Got a certain someone to get on 2.4.

Back
Top Bottom