• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Hollow Knight Silksong Not Releasing H1 2023 Anymore

After a long period of no news or any type of info????

Iu0xAQG.gif

That’s okay. If it needs more time give it more time. I have other things to play.

HK is a masterpiece and following up a masterpiece is never easy. Let it cook.

I feel like this game has had a "pending release" for almost two years now.
I believe they said "coming soon" in '19, at the very least rarely is a game demo'd that is that far off

I truly believe, especially since I doubt WFH affects indie teams as much (not that it didn't nor to downplay any personal struggles they had over COVID) that there was MAJOR scope creep, this game is gonna be a completely different beast, still a sequel but far less of "more of the same + new mechanics", more reinventive. Perhaps I'm setting up for dissapointment but it seems unlikely the vision they had for a DLC would go from DLC to 6+ years of dev if its just the DLC but longer

That’s okay. If it needs more time give it more time. I have other things to play.

HK is a masterpiece and following up a masterpiece is never easy. Let it cook.
Feel the same. There are other games to be released and my backlog is big enough as is.

Let them take all the time they need.

If this was in previous years I would have been devastated, but at this point I’m honestly pretty content for it not release around TotK and Pikmin 4 so I can focus on those first without having to juggle playtime.

I don't think they'd say this without a date if its earlier then like October, though I also assume the July posts are meming. I would expect march 2024 or so honestly but that's based on nothing, let them cook etc

Take your time. A bit annoyed about the lack of communication until this point, but I'm glad we finally got something.

Ah well, at least it won't interfere with my ToTK playthrough (not that I'm likely to have dropped it even then, but it would've been a tough ish decision)

Team Cherry can take all the time they need with this one, no need to rush something out here. We saw what happened with the last highly anticipated indie that did that

At this point, just have Silksong and Metroid Prime 4 become launch titles for Switch 2. The Triforce of Delay.

Fine by me. Now that we’re in Zelda week, I’m good on games until July at least, so take your time.

Fine by me. Take all the time they need.

I just hope they aren't falling victim to scope creep. Hollow Knight was already pretty big, and I hope the team doesn't feel pressured to go way bigger than that. There is such a thing as "too big".

I don't think they'd say this without a date if its earlier then like October, though I also assume the July posts are meming. I would expect march 2024 or so honestly but that's based on nothing, let them cook etc
they should aim for a release on October 31 for HOLLOWeen

this honestly just makes that xbox showcase last summer look even more lame since this was a big reveal there and now it's back to being MIA. Better for it to not be a sports story situation where it would come out late June without a word, be buggy/badly made as hell and then be literally forgotten about in a few more months like it never came out and we're still waiting for it

NGL I legitimately forgot Sports Story even came out until i saw one of the posts above

this honestly just makes that xbox showcase last summer look even more lame since this was a big reveal there and now it's back to being MIA. Better for it to not be a sports story situation where it would come out late June without a word, be buggy/badly made as hell and then be literally forgotten about in a few more months like it never came out and we're still waiting for it

NGL I legitimately forgot Sports Story even came out until i saw one of the posts above
I remember analyzing it from an overall fanbase/market perspective (as I do all shows except kinda Nintendo cause I am there for them (but even then like I rate them higher for including like Metroid despite personal ambivalence cause I understand that's a big deal)) I felt it was pretty good but in retrospect it was kind of a garbage showing once the "coming really soon" shine was ripped off

They definitely promised alot of stuff for the next 12 months that they definitely knew wasnt actually coming in 12 months. But they could say it was at the time to appease share holders and fans, especially considering how barren 2022 was for them. It was a white lie for sure. But team cherry is a small team, if they need more time they should take it. I just wish devs wouldn't publicly announce release windows if they cant hit them.

Cant say I am surprised, but all things considering this is probably for the best.
Take your time, sequel to the goat metroidvania needs a lot of love.

They should just start doing some sort of communication themselves from now, it doesnt seem to go very well when someone else is doing it for them :p

are you talking about silksong or TotK lol
TotK wasn't originally announced as DLC right? As far as I can remember it was first shown as "The sequel to Breath of the Wild". I am a bit worried about Silksong...This is turning to be scope creep: the game. HK already had some pacing issues so I can't help that worry about that.
Anyway, delaying it is certainly the best decision.

#LetThemCook

Honestly if Silksong came out in the next 6 weeks it'd get buried by TotK and FFXVI.

TotK wasn't originally announced as DLC right? As far as I can remember it was first shown as "The sequel to Breath of the Wild". I am a bit worried about Silksong...This is turning to be scope creep: the game. HK already had some pacing issues so I can't help that worry about that.
Anyway, delaying it is certainly the best decision.
Iirc, Tears basically started out as "stuff they couldn't fit into the base game of Botw" but then outgrew that and took shape as its own game.

Iirc, Tears basically started out as "stuff they couldn't fit into the base game of Botw" but then outgrew that and took shape as its own game.
Oh, ok then. BTW, probably the list of "stuff they couldn't fit into the base game" for Zelda (and Mario, Metroid...) was first started 35 years ago. I remember Kamiya saying he has ideas for at least up to Bayonetta 9 lol

Even as an obsessive Hollow Knight fan, I can’t complain too much because my two favorite game series are Zelda and Final Fantasy. I’ll be fine for the next few months. However, I still have never been more excited for anything in my life as i am for Silksong. Please Team Cherry, don’t make me wait too much longer!

They should take all the time they need, but I dunno, it seems like they may have let the scope of this perhaps get a little out of hand given how long it’s been in development for.

I hope it turns out good as someone who wasn’t a huge fan of Hollow Knight, but I’m not expecting much.

I know I'm reading into it, but that quote doesn't exactly inspire confidence of it releasing at all this year. I would have preferred a smaller game after how bloated the first was, but that certainly is not how this industry is trending haha. At least this one seems to have a lot more interesting mechanics and combat options, so I'm still very much looking forward to it. Plenty to play in the meantime.

This game is going to be huge, isn't it?

I read some people worry about how big it's going to be, given Hollow Knight already was pretty much the biggest Metroidvania ever. But I am not worried. I want it to be gigantic so I can get sucked into this world for dozens of hours.

Back
Top Bottom