• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation Hi-Fi Rush Announced for PlayStation 5 - March 19th Release (UPDATE: Trailer is down)

There's no way that Microsoft would've chosen to skip Switch in favour of a Playstation only release. They clearly tried to get both HiFi Rush and Sea of Thieves running on Switch, but couldn't get either of them running to an acceptable level.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that they're gonna be launch titles for Switch 2 instead.

Nate did say he heard the switch version got canned on twitter
I don't doubt it got canned, but did wires get crossed along the way? Like I can't imagine the developers would go ahead to put in effort making console excusive in-game t-shirts for all platforms, and then realize "Oh dip, the Switch version won't work".

Maybe it was always planned for Switch 2 and people assumed Switch? Just...strange all around

Already removed it. Still, what's the reason for the banning?
I can't seem to find the original comment he made on Twitter, but he was using ableist slurs and was rather dismissive of the commentary surrounding HL

I don't doubt it got canned, but did wires get crossed along the way? Like I can't imagine the developers would go ahead to put in effort making console excusive in-game t-shirts for all platforms, and then realize "Oh dip, the Switch version won't work".

Maybe it was always planned for Switch 2 and people assumed Switch? Just...strange all around
Could've been a switch 2 thing. Maybe when the announcement was in march lol who knows

You don't need the entire development team to make a shirt. They probably told their 3D modelers to make all of the shirts as a batch. They finished making them all but the rest of the team couldn't get the game working on Switch so it was cancelled and they just didn't bother removing the Switch shirt from the game files.

You don't need the entire development team to make a shirt. They probably told their 3D modelers to make all of the shirts as a batch. They finished making them all but the rest of the team couldn't get the game working on Switch so it was cancelled and they just didn't bother removing the Switch shirt from the game files.
Exactly. Making a new texture for a t-shirt would take a single artist less than a day.

Nate already told us that Hi-Fi Rush on Switch was canceled, but people were trying to use that shirt texture to prove that Nate was wrong. The shirt texture just proves that they attempted a port.

Exactly. Making a new texture for a t-shirt would take a single artist less than a day.

Nate already told us that Hi-Fi Rush on Switch was canceled, but people were trying to use that shirt texture to prove that Nate was wrong. The shirt texture just proves that they attempted a port.
Yeah, stuff that has been attempted and dummied out for whatever reasons and still exist in the game files also for whatever reasons have always been a thing in games.

See everyone who doesn't buy Pentiment and HiFi Rush on PS/Switch in the banned users list.
Pre-ordered Hi-Fi Rush on PS earlier. First time supporting Xbox. Thank you for this opportunity, daddy Phil.

danny-devito-walking-away.gif

hows this more heavy than Grounded?
edit: seems its coming to switch 2 instead.

"It’s currently unclear if Hi-Fi Rush will be making its way to the Switch or not either, but sources have suggested that the game will be coming to the Nintendo Switch 2, rather than the original Switch, so it could be a few more months before an official announcement."
doubt.jpg

sounds like it was canned permanently

Back
Top Bottom