• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation Hi-Fi Rush Announced for PlayStation 5 - March 19th Release (UPDATE: Trailer is down)

Yeah it's probably a Switch 2 game if not outright cancelled - I'm sure they couldn't get it running well enough on the base Switch. I think it's more likely that they would do a late port of Sea of Thieves for the Switch 2 rather than this one though, since SoT is live service, so I don't know if we'll ever see this on Nintendo platforms.

I don't think so, the successor is just too far away to bother with a 2 year old late port. And the launch window is expected to be stacked as hell...
I mean, Pentiment is a 2022 game and they're porting that in 2024 ... why would it be so weird to port a 2023 game to Switch 2 in 2025 as a launch-window game?

Tango Gameworks just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Hi-Fi Rush for either system, nor will they purchase any of their games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Tango has alienated an entire market with this move.

Tango Gameworks, publicly apologize and cancel Hi-Fi Rush for PS5 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Last edited:
I mean, Pentiment is a 2022 game and they're porting that in 2024 ... why would it be so weird to port a 2023 game to Switch 2 in 2025 as a launch-window game?
Yeah the reasoning doesn't really make sense to me, why wouldn't microsoft attempt at getting a piece of the pie

Doesn't matter. This can't run on Switch because it needs 60FPS
Still I just can't believe this to be saved for the successor. If we have just HALF of games with "I think this is coming for Switch 2" comments on the successor's first year, we'd literally have the greatest first year in the console history, ever. Just half.
Nintendo: Pentiment and Grounded
PS5 games of these haven't confirmed yet but I expect all 4 to be on PS5, only those two plus Psychonauts 2 on Switch.

I don't think so, the successor is just too far away to bother with a 2 year old late port. And the launch window is expected to be stacked as hell...
A port's a port, who cares how old it is. Also we know nothing about the launch window so saying it is expected to be stacked is premature for the time being.

If the decision to "delay" the Switch 2 was as recent as it supposedly was, chances are they greenlit the Switch 2 version back when they expected the console to launch this year.

Doesn't matter. This can't run on Switch because it needs 60FPS.

Besides those things will have minimal effect
Why exactly "needs 60fps"? There are a ton of games that everyone thinks 60fps is essential but are 30fps on Switch and play super fine.

Also after Mortal Kombat 1 I really would never say "it'd have to look way too bad to run at 60fps so they wouldn't find it worthy".

I mean the very same sources that were spot on Pentiment and Grounded for Switch, and on Xbox games going multiplat, said Hi-Fi Rush would come as well, as late as last week when Famitsu called the 4 games coming and The Verge said it's coming for Switch and PS5 this quarter.

If anything, it's turning into a late port. I don't believe they were planning to hold it until Switch 2 even when Switch 2 was supposed to come this year, let alone wait a full year after the PS5 port(likely more since they wouldn't send it to die on launch day alongside many titles).

Sony: HiFi Rush and Sea of Thieves

Not fair.
Pentiment is arguably the best game on that list and HiFi Rush/Sea of Thieves are probably more trouble than they're worth to port to Switch 1. Grounded looks like it's gonna be a bit of a mess as it is.

A port's a port, who cares how old it is. Also we know nothing about the launch window so saying it is expected to be stacked is premature for the time being.
If the decision to "delay" the Switch 2 was as recent as it supposedly was, chances are they greenlit the Switch 2 version back when they expected the console to launch this year.
I just can't believe in that "uber launch window lineup" thing with Switch successor. We literally anticipated an explosive Switch first year with tons of ports and we didn't get it. Some games will be there, but I don't expect all of them.

Sony: HiFi Rush and Sea of Thieves

Not fair.
As a series x owner, trust me, Nintendo is getting the good games here.

Hi-Fi Rush is fun, but I dipped after a couple hours. Getting the timing right was annoying, and the saturday morning cartoon vibe does nothing for me, even though it's perfectly executed. Sea of Thieves is just boring unless you have a dedicated group of friends to play it with.

Pentiment and Grounded are fantastic.

Why exactly "needs 60fps"? There are a ton of games that everyone thinks 60fps is essential but are 30fps on Switch and play super fine.

Also after Mortal Kombat 1 I really would never say "it'd have to look way too bad to run at 60fps so they wouldn't find it worthy".

I mean the very same sources that were spot on Pentiment and Grounded for Switch, and on Xbox games going multiplat, said Hi-Fi Rush would come as well, as late as last week when Famitsu called the 4 games coming and The Verge said it's coming for Switch and PS5 this quarter.

If anything, it's turning into a late port. I don't believe they were planning to hold it until Switch 2 even when Switch 2 was supposed to come this year, let alone wait a full year after the PS5 port(likely more since they wouldn't send it to die on launch day alongside many titles).
It's an action game that relies heavily on timing and rhythm. It needs a really smooth frame rate to feel good (and even then...).

It's a rhythm game. They'd have to basically remake the whole fucking thing to get it working, and it's frankly not worth it compared to waiting a bit longer

Combat has a rhythm component. That matters a lot. If they couldn't get it to run satisfactorily, they'll wait a bit and make it a Switch 2 launch game or something.

EDIT: lol, pileon. But it's true!

I just can't believe in that "uber launch window lineup" thing with Switch successor. We literally anticipated an explosive Switch first year with tons of ports and we didn't get it. Some games will be there, but I don't expect all of them.
Who is this we? The Switch had a slow start buoyed by the excellent BotW, nobody expected it to explode out the gate with tons of ports after the disappointment that was the Wii U.

Also not everything has to release on the Switch 2 on launch day. I fully expect third parties to space out their releases over time; no need to bunch everything together at once.

Who is this we? The Switch had a slow start buoyed by the excellent BotW, nobody expected it to explode out the gate with tons of ports after the disappointment that was the Wii U.

Also not everything has to release on the Switch 2 on launch day. I fully expect third parties to space out their releases over time; no need to bunch everything together at once.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about. I don't think they thought "This didn't work on Switch let's wait for the next system" or anything like that. They tried on Switch it didn't work out and they moved on. After the next system is out and build some big install base they might consider bringing it but I expect by that time Hi-Fi Rush 2 could come out and they would choose to bring that instead. Or whatever they'll make after HFR.

Can't imagine that Microsoft would choose to skip Switch in favour of PS5 only. They must've been unable to get the game running at 60FPS on Switch (which is a necessity for its rhythm-based gameplay).

Guess they're saving it to be a Switch 2 launch title then.

I don't think it's possible for Switch to handle Sea of Thieves tbh

The game runs on Xbone, so it's not impossible. I'd imagine that they'd still do a native Switch 2 port regardless though, given that they want to keep this game ongoing for another 10 years.

All these MS games ports makes me think the Direct delay because of MS was real.

Anyway, no surprise this isn't coming to Switch, it wouldn't run well enough. I'm surprised they bothered with Grounded. That looked extremely rough. Unless there is a Switch 2 version down the line, I don't know why you'd play on Switch if you have other options.

The game runs on Xbone, so it's not impossible. I'd imagine that they'd still do a native Switch 2 port regardless though, given that they want to keep this game ongoing for another 10 years.
It's an online only game, in this case alone, cloud version makes sense. There's no advantage of having the game natively, you'd still need a stable internet connection.

I don't fully expect Hi-Fi Rush to launch with the Switch 2, but I hope it shows up within the first year. Couldn't justify buying a Xbox just for this game, and can't justify grabbing a PS5 by the same measure.

Last edited:
Not losing sleep over this skipping Switch, I need this at 60fps. I'll pick up the PS5 version.

hows this more heavy than Grounded?
edit: seems its coming to switch 2 instead.

"It’s currently unclear if Hi-Fi Rush will be making its way to the Switch or not either, but sources have suggested that the game will be coming to the Nintendo Switch 2, rather than the original Switch, so it could be a few more months before an official announcement."

Last edited:
Still I just can't believe this to be saved for the successor. If we have just HALF of games with "I think this is coming for Switch 2" comments on the successor's first year, we'd literally have the greatest first year in the console history, ever. Just half.

PS5 games of these haven't confirmed yet but I expect all 4 to be on PS5, only those two plus Psychonauts 2 on Switch.
Well those comments happen all the time because the number 1 reason/excuse studios have used why they don't release their games on Nintendo platforms is the low power of the Switch, meaning if they were truthful in that regard the Switch 2 should get much more of those titles. Of course its entirely possible the low power of the Switch was just an excuse and not the actual reason why they didn't release their games on a Nintendo platform, if that is the case sure Switch 2 will get bad support.

Wait, where is it announced for like "upcoming Nintendo machine"?
Tom Henderson, a very well known Playstation leaker, is saying so.

Just can't post his stuff directly here.

hows this more heavy than Grounded?
edit: seems its coming to switch 2 instead.

"It’s currently unclear if Hi-Fi Rush will be making its way to the Switch or not either, but sources have suggested that the game will be coming to the Nintendo Switch 2, rather than the original Switch, so it could be a few more months before an official announcement."
I mean it's a rhythm based game. Can't exactly have stuttering for that game. Should check the PC specs for the two to get a better feel for what they need to perform.

Also, you can't post insider-gaming here. Banned content. You can refer to their content but not directly post it.

Last edited:
Tom Henderson, a very well known Playstation leaker, is saying so.

Just can't post his stuff directly here.

I mean it's a rhythm based game. Can't exactly have stuttering for that game. Should check the PC specs for the two to get a better feel for what they need to perform.

Also, you can't post insider-gaming here. Banned content. You can refer to their content but not directly post it.
we can't? I just reposted the link? do i need to take it down?

Back
Top Bottom