• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Help with western themed DnD campaign

Timppis

Boo
Pronouns
he/him
I am writing western themed DnD campaign with some homebrew rules.

I posted to finnish twitter asking what race should a saloon bartender be if the saloon is absolutely run by the bad guys.

Got few good suggestions so I thought I'd throw we questions here as I know some are probably avid ttrpg-players here.

What would be good races for an evil saloon dancer apart from obvious changeling or fey?

How would you protect a running train from magical attacks except a VAST amount of counter runes?

What extraordinarily dangerous and valuable material should be mined from the evil guys grounds?

Do you have any other amazing ideas that you have just been waiting to insert into a spaghetti western DnD that is absolutely still fantasy?

The Eberron setting has some stuff you might like and want to borrow from, as it has a general magitek action film vibe to it, including trains and train robberies that could slide into a spaghetti western.

As uncreative as this might sound, why not just have the bad guys be digging for gold instead of some fantasy material? It’s value is easily understood, and it would fit with the western theme whether you chose to play the prospector/gold rush angle or with some kind of semi legitimate corrupt mining corporation buying out the lands and intimidating the locals with hired thugs.

The Bartender could be a Warforged (also originally from Eberron), who busted a limb mining and can’t afford repairs, so works as a bartender now, while the dancer could be a tiefling, which are both exotic but fit with evil theming.

Back
Top Bottom