• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Has anybody ever been denied into a PG-13 movie when they were under 13?

MagiCarbo

Bob-omb
I've seen in some articles regarding movies that people would joke about a kid not being old enough to supposedly see a PG-13 movie by themselves. I get that these statements are likely joking but has this actually happened to people who were under 13 before? PG-13 technically isn't age restricted, which means any age can purchase a ticket, but I've never really heard of anybody being carded or denied entry to a PG-13 film without an adult before. And by under 13, I'm talking like 11 or 12 years old here as most kids bellow middle school age generally go to movies with a parent by default.

Last edited:
We don't have PG-13 in the UK but we have 12a which I guess is most similar where you need to be accompanied by an adult if you're under 12.
I've never been denied but I did come close one time when I was going to see a film with a friend and although I was actually a few months over 12 at the time the ticket checker guy didn't believe me when I said I was cause I looked younger, I think the only reason he let me in is that I was with a friend and it would have been a bit shitty to ruin it for us.

We don't have PG-13 here but I remember for my 13th birthday my friends and I wanted to go see Out Cold, which was 14A in Canada. We were denied, so we saw Martin Lawrence's Black Knight instead.

I did eventually see Out Cold when it came out on VHS (lol), but I'm afraid both movies sucked anyway.

Back
Top Bottom