• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Gundam Breaker 4 announced for Switch, PS4, PS5 and PC

TreIII

A Kool Kartoon
Founder
Pronouns
he/him

About
Create your own ultimate Gunpla in the newest Gundam Breaker game!
In Gundam Breaker 4 you will create and customize your own powerful Gunpla and put it to the test in thrilling combat missions.
Key Features
  • Break! – Use two different weapons at the same time in Gundam Breaker 4 to create unique combos and break off parts of your enemies to add them to your collection. It’s your loot, so you get to keep it… and use it!
  • Build! – Choose from over 250 base kits and combine their parts to build your perfect Gunpla. 
Customize it with paint, weathering, and decals to make it uniquely your own and display it in the new Diorama Mode. With multiple backgrounds and special effects to choose from, you can create epic, dynamic scenes to share online!
  • Battle! – Take your custom Gunpla on a variety of intense combat missions and put it to the test as you battle tough opponents in online or single player modes. Fight with your friends, equip new abilities to gain an edge, and destroy your enemies!

For a mecha head like me, at least, this was definitely the best announcement to come from today's little showcase. Gundam Breaker 3 was such a good time, that still gets played to this day. That only made the one time Bamco chose to actually localize an entry, the infamously panned New Gundam Breaker (2018), all the more painful.

Thankfully, this one looks likes a proper follow-up to Gundam Breaker 3 (and with perhaps the original developers back in the saddle, if at least Gematsu is on point). And with it being the first entrant in the series released on the Nintendo side of things, that means hopefully more people will get a chance to try it out!

more surprising that BN games are hitting switch day one
The Gundam/Super Robot side of things has been doing that for a while. Nowadays, it's actually more unusual when such a game that hits consoles doesn't have the PS4/5 + Switch combo!

In the last few years, I think the only things that Switch has been left out on would be Gundam Extreme Vs. Maxi Boost ON (PS4) and Gundam Battle Operation 2 (PS4/5).

I know nothing about Gundam or Gunpla but I'm getting massive Custom Robo vibes and I loved that series.

As someone who's on a Gundam marathon I'm excited. It looked a little rough, but I hope it's fun!

I hope there are lots of Zeta and ZZ mobile suits in this.

As someone who's on a Gundam marathon I'm excited. It looked a little rough, but I hope it's fun!

I hope there are lots of Zeta and ZZ mobile suits in this.
Yeah, the ideal is that Craft & Meister will start with what they gave us in Gundam Breaker 3, and just expand from there.

I can take the graphics looking a generation or so behind, if it means the content and gameplay is even more expanded than before. After all, between Witch and the new Seed, that's already two new main series that'll need attention, and there's always more to present series that should be here. Let alone new manga content that ought to find its way here, like Moon Gundam.

Give me more g Gundam units this time. Noble and the shuffle alliance at least

Breaker 3 had Shining, Dragon, God (Burning), Master, Nobel and Rising, with Fuunsaki and Rose being added in updates.

Spiegel (Shadow), Maxter and Bolt are the remaining ones I'm hoping they'll get to this time.

Yeah, the ideal is that Craft & Meister will start with what they gave us in Gundam Breaker 3, and just expand from there.

I can take the graphics looking a generation or so behind, if it means the content and gameplay is even more expanded than before. After all, between Witch and the new Seed, that's already two new main series that'll need attention, and there's always more to present series that should be here. Let alone new manga content that ought to find its way here, like Moon Gundam.
I don't mind the graphics either, as long as it runs well.

I've never played any of the previous games, so everything will be new to me.
Seed Freedom might be too recent to add anything from there, no?

Manga content sounds really appealing as well. I've never read any of those, but I've seen many gunpla models from Eclipse which look awesome.

Seed Freedom might be too recent to add anything from there, no?
It'll depend on how long the game's been in the works, and assuming Bamco's kept the team in the loop. But I'd like to think that whatever they can introduce in base game will be just extra incentives to garner interest, with the rest to arrive within the Season Pass.

Seed's just too big a draw for its newest entry to not have anything in base game, I feel.

It'll depend on how long the game's been in the works, and assuming Bamco's kept the team in the loop. But I'd like to think that whatever they can introduce in base game will be just extra incentives to garner interest, with the rest to arrive within the Season Pass.

Seed's just too big a draw for its newest entry to not have anything in base game, I feel.

If anything, really new stuff like Seed Freedom and some MSVs are obvious DLC bait.

Now next step is for arcades to die in Japan for them to port over more of the Gundam Versus series lol.

I'll even take a version behind if they're that concerned with Arcade revenue.

Breaker 3 had Shining, Dragon, God (Burning), Master, Nobel and Rising, with Fuunsaki and Rose being added in updates.

Spiegel (Shadow), Maxter and Bolt are the remaining ones I'm hoping they'll get to this time.
Yeah those 3 are musts, tho I’d love Zeus gundam

This looked amazing and soooo addictive! Wonder if this will get me to try Gunpla in the near future! 😀

If anything, really new stuff like Seed Freedom and some MSVs are obvious DLC bait.

Now next step is for arcades to die in Japan for them to port over more of the Gundam Versus series lol.

I'll even take a version behind if they're that concerned with Arcade revenue.
Oh, again, I don't doubt at all that a lot of the new Seed stuff will be saved for the Season Pass. Just that you at least need ONE or TWO to warrant the price of admission! lol

Like, GB3 came out when Iron Blooded Orphans was still fresh, and it at least had Barbatos and Astaroth included out the box. Form 6, Gusion and the rest? You had to get the DLC.

As for Gundam Vs? Well...

I'd say that Tekken 8 seemingly forgoing arcades entirely is just showcasing what has been true for a while. Arcades, as a lot of us once knew them, and hanging on as they were in East Asia, are truly on their last legs. Covid doing the most to accelerate the process. Bamco will continue to try make money off of Gundam Extreme Versus 2 and its updates for as long as they're able, but eventually, they would've taken that game as far as they can go. Then it'll just be a matter of what they and the game's devs want to do next.

I, for one, could think of far worst things than if the new game planned for the Seed Project Ignited initiative was something akin to the rebirth of the "Federation vs. ZAFT" line of games. Put in plenty of Astray and other manga units to go along with Kira and friends, in a brand new, UE5-based Gundam Vs. game engine, and I'll be just fine~!

Also wandering in here as a Custom Robo orphan, will this scratch that itch? I'm hesitantly optimistic but don't want to get myself too excited just in case it's not my vibe

Also wandering in here as a Custom Robo orphan, will this scratch that itch? I'm hesitantly optimistic but don't want to get myself too excited just in case it's not my vibe
Naaah. This is more like a straight versus brawler game. With guns. It's still fun as hell but Custom Robo was a different beast altogether.

Only thing that would scratch that itch is the Little Battlers Experience from Level-5. They've been bringing all the old IP's lately, would be shocked if LBX isn't among their plans.

If I get this game, I’ll kitbash myself a unit with as many varieties of Funnels/Bits as it will allow me and unleash the magnitude of beam spam that will drop FPS into single digits.

Curious to see if G-witch is just a token at launch, H1 only(to be fair H2 has maybe 5 major units and 2 are MP jobbers), or relegated mainly to dlc. That and what are considered to be essential. Darilblade, Chuchu’s Demi(base or barding?) and Pharact feel like bare minimum even if a bunch is in dlc. Ur, Thorne, Begit, Michealis, Calibarn, And Schwartzette are more likely to be dlc.
Hmm well while still more a brawler, Megaton Musashi Wired May be more up your alley

Edit: super tiny chances but my most wanted suit has to be

g-gundam-so-there-he-is-the-legend-the-only-one-the-unique-v0-zttc8h0zicgb1.png

Last edited:

Naaah. This is more like a straight versus brawler game. With guns. It's still fun as hell but Custom Robo was a different beast altogether.

There's also a very "Phantasy Star Online/Monster Hunter-like" aspect to these games. Which makes sense, considering Craft & Meister is made up of ex-Capcom pats that used to work on old MH games. There's loot to acquire to build more gunpla (this game's mecha), loot to boost your gunpla's performance with various skills, EX-actions (special moves) that you can unlock to kick ass even better than before, and it all feeds into a very addicting gameplay loop.

I definitely don't think it will fill the void in your heart that is Custom Robo shaped, but I think you might dig it if you get the chance!

Hopefully, a network test demo is on the way...

I'm excited. I'm still only familiar with the UC timeline series, but I'm catching up to the various others like Seed, Turn A, 00, Builders.

And hopefully I'll get into some of the manga at some point.

Hype. Going to get the collector's edition when Bandai EU puts it up and get digital on Steam Deck.

I know nothing about Gundam or Gunpla but I'm getting massive Custom Robo vibes and I loved that series.
If you play on PS4/PS5, the best gundam game ever with the best title and the most fonts ever in a game logo is something you should get -

Hype. Going to get the collector's edition when Bandai EU puts it up and get digital on Steam Deck.

If you play on PS4/PS5, the best gundam game ever with the best title and the most fonts ever in a game logo is something you should get -

I’ve been wishing this would come to switch forever

I’ve been wishing this would come to switch forever
You and a lot of us.

Next Plus on PSP was so much fun, and yet, Bamco has been really gun-shy on treating Gundam Versus right. We're certainly owed another shot...

A mod over on the Gundam reddit has some contacts with Bandai Namco Entertainment that was able to share some more details:

This game is a direct sequel to Gundam Breaker 3, Mobile, and Battlogue. This means some characters from these previous works will return. Some will have major roles in the story, some just have a fun cameo.

This game is getting a Physical release, including a Collector’s Edition, as well as a Full English VO (Cast will be shared later).

The Collector’s Edition will come with Steelbook, Digital Soundtrack, and a Custom Gunpla designed specifically for this CE

The Gunpla is an EG Gunbarrel Strike Gundam, aka the Strike Gundam along with the Gunbarrel Strike Pack (Gunbarrel Pack is based on the weapons in the Mobius Zero that Mu La Flaga Pilots in SEED, and has historically only been available as a Gundam Base Exclusive) and design enhancing stickers all in a unique Color inspired by Mu La Flaga including translucent parts.

The game is single player with optional online co-op of up to 3 players total.

The Features from New Breaker that were not enjoyed by fans (Hot Swapping parts mid battle, overly focus on PvP) will NOT BE RETURNING.

We’re still awaiting the final number, but it’s confirmed that GB4 will have the most Kits to build with at launch of any game in the Series. (

Kits will range in series from 0079 till Witch from Mercury, including multiple Grades, SDs, and new to the Breaker Franchise - Fumina Kits!

In addition to building, a Diorama mode is being added where you can place your Gunpla (including multiple at once) in a 3d Space, and pose them along with Props and Effects parts to get the perfect shot to show off your builds.

Combat has also been improved from previous games. The most notable change is that different weapons will have different effects, and that different One handed weapons can be held in each hand, combo-ing their abilities. A great example of this is a Whip Type weapon (Like from Epyon, Nobel, etc) hits at a longer range, and pulls the enemy towards you, lining up targets nicely for a charged shorter range but high damage melee weapon (like a Heat Hawk or Beam Saber)

Sources: BNEA

- https://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comments/1awicqk/gundam_break_4_info_dump/

Craft & Meister hosted a stream earlier this day where some more details came out. Credit again to Reddit for sharing some of the (mostly) good stuff!

*Normal suits may be gone, you now walk with your Gunpla as your Avatar

*There are emotes available for your Gunpla to act out

*There is now a testing stage for you to immediately enter to test your Gunpla Build, similar to AC6

*YOU CAN NOW APPLY EMISSIVE/GLOWING EFFECT ON YOUR GUNPLA!!!

*Builders parts are back from Breaker 3 except this time around it seems you can "connect/disconnect" duplicate builders parts that have option attacks on them, so you can unify or separate each builder parts attacks, could be wrong though

*The potentially sad part is that Builder parts may still be limited to 8 slots like in NGB

*The Online Lobby is seemingly interconnected now, no longer being room based like in GB3, as players not part of your team can now appear in the lobby with their own custom gunpla, making the lobby more crowded and thus more lively as you can chat and check their Builds and Dioramas when viewing their profiles

*Chat is more robust, reminiscent of how an MMO chatbox would look like

*Stages are significantly larger compared to Breaker 3, reminds me of Breaker 2

*Stages now list enemies encountered in said mission just like in GB2 and GB3, also each mission has a specific Part, Builder Parts and Emblem reward, possibly tied to your ranking at mission end

In Terms of Combat Gameplay:

*The left and right melee attacks are controlled with square and triangle respectively

*The left and right ranged attacks are controlled with L2 and R2 respectively

*Its not shown in the gameplay video but the UI indicates and scope icon with L1+L2 so this may be the controls to switch to scope mode

*Options seem to function similarly to EX attacks in that they are a executed in a similar fashion and have a corresponding energy bar similar to the EX one, I did not see the option weapons menu from GB3 so this may disappoint some people

*Looks like arm part length affects melee range?

*PG Bosses have multiple HP bars now and they also have a shield that protects their HP

*EDIT: Darilbalde is mentioned in the Stream, cant understand Japanese but that could mean its part of the Base Kits in the game

*After watching the Combat in the testing area, it looks like shield attacks are now treated as OPTION skills, meaning no more L1+R1 to attack with the shield, the design of the combat is starting to make sense to me now

*Your Combo meter will give various buffs (Like Bonus Drop rate and OP attack Boost) the more varied your attack patterns are, kinda like how DMC rewards you for being dynamic and non repetitive on your attacks

Also, we got some footage of a demo level.

So far...liking what I'm seeing. Combat looks fun, and I can see the possibilities even from this early showcase.

Additionally, based on some other tidbits I'm seeing and hearing, it looks like the new SEED stuff will indeed be saved for the season pass.

Finally, there will indeed be a Network Test for March 15 and 17! ...albeit Japanese only.

While we hope that perhaps they'll change their mind and give non-Japanese players a chance to try out the game...if you want to try registering for it anyway, of course you can! Just make sure you have a JP PS5 or Switch account on hand in the case you do get selected!

Craft & Meister hosted a stream earlier this day where some more details came out. Credit again to Reddit for sharing some of the (mostly) good stuff!

Also, we got some footage of a demo level.

So far...liking what I'm seeing. Combat looks fun, and I can see the possibilities even from this early showcase.

Additionally, based on some other tidbits I'm seeing and hearing, it looks like the new SEED stuff will indeed be saved for the season pass.

Finally, there will indeed be a Network Test for March 15 and 17! ...albeit Japanese only.

While we hope that perhaps they'll change their mind and give non-Japanese players a chance to try out the game...if you want to try registering for it anyway, of course you can! Just make sure you have a JP PS5 or Switch account on hand in the case you do get selected!

Nice, now I have to remember my password for my jp account

Back
Top Bottom