• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

TV Gumby, the classic green clay figure, has been acquired by Fox

E

Emily

This isn't Disney's Fox that is acquiring Gumby. It's the new FOX corporation that owns assets that Disney didn't acquire.

The Gumby universe, featuring the classic green clay figure, has been acquired by Fox.

The company is planning to reimagine the character created by Art Clokey for a new generation with new series across linear, digital and blockchain platforms

Fox is plotting both new animated series as well as live-action content for Gumby, who has been the subject of two television series – for NBC in the 1950s and Lorimar-Telepictures in 1988 – as well as a feature film in 1995.

Deadline understands that Fox is already in conversations with a range of A-list creatives to come on board the series projects.
The company struck the deal, which also includes all of Gumby’s friends, with the estate of Joseph Clokey, son of creator Art Clokey. It is its latest acquisition following the purchase of MarVista Entertainment and TMZ as well as partnerships with the likes of Studio Ramsay Global.

Fox has acquired all rights including film, TV and streaming, consumer products, licensing, publishing and all other categories. It has also picked up the full library of Gumby animated series, specials, movies and content, which will expand Tubi’s current offerings of the franchise.

My feelings on this:
2MeSr7o.jpg

When I was a child, I really wanted a Gumby toy for my birthday. He was my favorite character on TV. I think they had started to put the old show on in reruns or something. I never did get that toy, until I was in my 30s when the show was released on DVD. Getting that toy made my heart sing.

Huh. Fox doesn't have a kids block anymore. Unless... (And they're not the only network that has considered relaunching a kids block, so I wonder...

That said, the biggest concern I have is the blockchain shit... Like, can we just NOT?

Finally, someone is making a new series starring the character from the hit viral video "Guy dresses up as dog's favorite toy". :cool:

Back
Top Bottom