• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Grezzo announces Jet Dragon, exclusive to Apple Arcade

mazi

picross pundit
Soar the skies and race dragons.

Helm your father's tower ship to build a team, raise dragons,

and realize your destiny, facing fierce rivals as you aim for the top.

Step through space and time into the world of Venerusa, where dragon racers soar the skies.
□■□ Game Features □■□

Intuitive Races

Keep one eye on your stamina and the other on your opponents as you strike with the tap of a button!

Watch Your Dragons Grow

Train and breed dragons on board your tower ship to unlock their hidden potential!

Formidable Rivals

Venerusa's best racers stand in your way. Impress them with your skills and recruit them to your team!

Perfect Pairs

The abilities you can use depend on the rider and dragon you field. Pick the right teams for the right races!

Online Action

Register your team data online and compete with players across the world!

Challenging Courses

Race across a wide variety of courses with their own attributes, times of day, weather conditions, and geography!

This being self-published was more or less confirmed when the trademark was found. Didn't expect it to be a racing game, though.

Oh, so thats what they've been working on

I had hoped they would make a new Switch game.
this doesn't affect that one way or the other. this looks like a very cheap game made because a few years ago apple was going around offering any dev who was willing money to make something for apple arcade. and then grezzo took the deal and threw this together (or repurposed a mobile game they had already in the works by removing the in-app purchases, like platinum did with world of demons)

this doesn't affect that one way or the other. this looks like a very cheap game made because a few years ago apple was going around offering any dev who was willing money to make something for apple arcade. and then grezzo took the deal and threw this together (or repurposed a mobile game they had already in the works by removing the in-app purchases, like platinum did with world of demons)

Yeah those are my exact thoughts.

Plus they're not obligated to remake every Zelda game ever.

I'd assume Grezzo is still working on something for Nintendo. They are small, but not so small that a game like this would be taking up a large amount of their resources. Only other thing that sticks out to me is that during the announcement of the new Seiken Densetsu, it was implied that Ishii would be involved to some degree. Probably that is just a minimal thing, but I suppose it's possible that Grezzo has been pulled in as support studio.

I wrote something similar on Era but Grezzo working on this game does not exclusive them from working on other titles. A quick Wikipedia lookup shows that they have released multiple titles in a single year despite being a small team. Heck, they were assisting with other Nintendo games while also developing the 3DS Zelda remakes.

That's... actually more interesting then I imagined. A dragon racing game and it's not a gaas... I hope AA exclusivity is not that long (it's usually 1 year).

First Game Freak, now Grezzo. Who's next? HAL? Intelligent Systems? Sora? Miyamoto leaves Nintendo, founds a new studio to make a game for AA?

Well then, that's the end of Grezzo working on Nintendo games, it's been nice knowing you, farewell Grezzo... sniff

thierry-henry-laugh.gif

That's... actually more interesting then I imagined. A dragon racing game and it's not a gaas... I hope AA exclusivity is not that long (it's usually 1 year).

First Game Freak, now Grezzo. Who's next? HAL? Intelligent Systems? Sora? Miyamoto leaves Nintendo, founds a new studio to make a game for AA?
it kinda looks like it was gaas. there are other previously gaas games that are on Apple Arcade

and HAL and IS already made and published their own games on mobile OSs

Betrayalton

Direct canceled

Switch U confirmed

Nintendoomed and going 3rd party

am I doing it right?

it kinda looks like it was gaas. there are other previously gaas games that are on Apple Arcade

and HAL and IS already made and published their own games on mobile OSs
Hell, IS's mobile game is more successful than any other Nintendo-related mobile title that doesn't have Pokémon in the title.

All AA games have to be played offline. There are games with microtransactions but none of them online only gaas games. This could have mtx dlc too.

apple arcade games have no in-app purchases or paid DLC. this is obviously something they started as a gacha game, then later took the apple money and removed all IAPs (basically removing the ability to buy in game currency). which seems like a smart move cuz this wouldn't have made any money for them otherwise.

Makes Grezzo speculation a lot more interesting at least. Means their A team is probably working on something Nintendo related instead of…this.

This looks incredibly underwhelming ? If it's a racing game it's lacking any sense of speed and I dunno how they'll handle drifting and stuff (if they bother)
Hopefully Grezzo has something else in the works, Nintendo involved or not.

Ew, that is some AI key art if I've ever seen some.

This looks like a game that would fit in the Switch library but not a Nintendo tier Switch title. The trailer looks really uninsipired, like Panzer Dragoon racing or something.

Visually, and I hate people who say this, but I'll use the hyperbole, it's a PS2/XBOX/GC era game that runs in HD. Is it mean and unfair? probably, but i think we would expect something that looks better even on Switch

Oh it’s a racing game 😅 what

I might take a look as I already pay for the subscription but I mostly only use it for Horizon Chase 2 😅

This has suddenly reminded me of that Panzer Dragoon-like game with the giant swan by Yu Suzuki that is still Apple exclusive.

I really want to play that one.

Looks fine. If it has controller support I might try it.

[checks]

It does have controller support.

Well the game is out now. I can't say it looks too interesting, but the music is nice.

The credits might be in the options, but I can't find any video of them yet and I don't have Apple Arcade to check myself.

Well the game is out now. I can't say it looks too interesting, but the music is nice.

The credits might be in the options, but I can't find any video of them yet and I don't have Apple Arcade to check myself.

I'm downloading it now, will report back in a bit

edit: ah, nevermind, Mondo with the deets

Last edited:

Producer / Director: Koichi Ishii
Planning Director / Sub Director: Kyouji Koizumi
Technical Director: Shinji Takeda
Art Director / Art Lead: Tatsuya Awata
System Development Director: Atsushi Ebisawa
Product Manager: Toshinori Shimono
Dragon Design: Ryota Murayama
Character Design: Chikage
Sound Compose: Sebastian Schwartz (ATTIC INC.)
Game Cycle Lead: Kazuyuki Miyamoto
Screen Writer: Momoka Iseki
UI Section Lead: Hiroyuki Kuwata
Art Sub Lead: Riho Suzuki

Someone else will probably get the rest of staff (there's a lot), but here's some leads.

Last edited:
Is Mikiharu Oiwa credited anywhere? That's the first thing that jumps out when looking at those leads.

Also some of these people seemingly haven't been credited since Ever Oasis.

Is Mikiharu Oiwa credited anywhere? That's the first thing that jumps out when looking at those leads.

Also some of these people seemingly haven't been credited since Ever Oasis.
Yes, under "Corporate"

Yep it's a mobile game alright 😅 the dragon moves on its own and you focus on triggering boosts and skills that depletes the dragon's stamina

Different matchups of dragons and pilots give different conditional bonuses and usable skills

When you beat a rival enough times you can hire them

There's a team management part as the dragons and pilots accumulate fatigue after trainings or races, so you sometimes you might need to rotate the team instead of focusing on leveling up the same ones. There's also the team's base/settlement that you can expand to add facilities that give some kind of stat bonus over time

It's kinda alright I guess, I found it slightly addicting. I didn't manage to qualify for the finals in the few times I've tried. Everything carries over each championship as it's a continuous campaign, so I guess the idea is that it will eventually become doable after enough improvements to the team. Maybe I'll take a look again sometime dunno

Back
Top Bottom