• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Grant Kirkhope was not credited in the Mario movie despite using the "DK Rap"

I brought up the Bowser's Fury song when it came to my knowledge.
I’m not just talking about that, I’m talking about the fact that Kondo is being credited as composing literally all of the “original Nintendo themes” in the movie, including, for example, any Donkey Kong music that was rearranged that he absolutely had no part in making. It goes beyond the DK Rap and Fury Bowser songs.

Question for you - why should people look into it themselves? Why should people care about this, of all things?
I mean, people clearly already care enough to share and talk about the issue as it pertains to Kirkhope, but then they stop there. That’s what I’m talking about. I realize it’s largely because, yes, people generally don’t bother to look into things more themselves, but that’s exactly why I posted about the Kondo stuff here in hopes that it would get people to become aware of it, because as is people are being weirdly selective in what they’re complaining about. It’s like when people were making a big deal about Metroid Prime Remastered’s credits as if it was something new and exclusive to that game…when that wasn’t the case at all.

Back
Top Bottom