• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Hardware Got a Switch OLED, need help transferring photos

Chrdmart

Octorok
Pronouns
He/him
So I got an OLED in the mail today, all the save data is transferred from my old Switch onto the OLED, Pokémon, Animal Crossing, everything except my album. I’ve tried to format my microSD numerous times, but the photos I took on the old Switch from September 2017 to today just won’t show up when I stick the microSD into the OLED, sometimes it comes up with the prompt “Cannot take a screenshot”. I’ve tried using this as a guide (https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/78237829) but I’m not able to figure it out

What should I do? All I want is to have my old screenshots on the OLED.

Oh and either way congrats, OLED has a damn beautiful screen on it. I adore mine.
I bought Kirby a week ago and was waiting to play it on the OLED, cannot wait to do so after this screenshot nonsense is over (hopefully)

So you stick the card in the OLED (while it’s off, right?), turn it on, it prompts you to format, you say yes, and then what - there’s nothing in your album? Yeah, that’s odd, pretty sure that’s how it went for me and it was all there.

So you stick the card in the OLED (while it’s off, right?), turn it on, it prompts you to format, you say yes, and then what - there’s nothing in your album? Yeah, that’s odd, pretty sure that’s how it went for me and it was all there.
Yep nothing was there

Hmm. sorry to hear that! When you put it back in your old switch if you haven’t sold it yet are they still there? Is it possible you formatted it in a PC and accidentally wiped it?

Hmm. sorry to hear that! When you put it back in your old switch if you haven’t sold it yet are they still there? Is it possible you formatted it in a PC and accidentally wiped it?
Yeah once I got all the photos onto the microSD (some were on the old switch’s system memory) I formatted the card on a windows 10 laptop

Yeah once I got all the photos onto the microSD (some were on the old switch’s system memory) I formatted the card on a windows 10 laptop
Oh no, someone can correct me, but I think formatting on Windows completely wipes the card :/ in the future you just stick it straight in the new Switch. The Switch itself will do the formatting for you.

Did you back up the card on your laptop before you formatted it? Like drag stuff off it?

Oh no, someone can correct me, but I think formatting on Windows completely wipes the card :/ in the future you just stick it straight in the new Switch. The Switch itself will do the formatting for you.

Did you back up the card on your laptop before you formatted it? Like drag stuff off it?
Yeah formatting is going to delete the files

If they are still on the switch memory you can copy them again from the album to the SD card.

What I did was when I updated my sd card was

1. Copy the Nintendo/album folder in the sd card to the computer
2. Insert the new sd card into switch and let it format it
3. Copy the Nintendo/Album folder in the pc to the new sd card, since its already formatted you should have already a folder with that name in the card so just copy the contents

I only dragged the Album folder with all the photos and videos not the other stuff
Yeah formatting is going to delete the files

If they are still on the switch memory you can copy them again from the album to the SD card.

What I did was when I updated my sd card was

1. Copy the Nintendo/album folder in the sd card to the computer
2. Insert the new sd card into switch and let it format it
3. Copy the Nintendo/Album folder in the pc to the new sd card, since its already formatted you should have already a folder with that name in the card so just copy the contents
Sounds like I’m pretty SOL then :/

I only dragged the Album folder with all the photos and videos not the other stuff

Sounds like I’m pretty SOL then :/
Wait, no, if you dragged the album folder off the card onto your laptop then you still have them! You can drag them back onto the card, then put the card back in your Switch.

For future reference, you never need to involve your PC if all you’re doing is moving your SD card from one Switch to another.

Wait, no, if you dragged the album folder off the card onto your laptop then you still have them! You can drag them back onto the card, then put the card back in your Switch.

For future reference, you never need to involve your PC if all you’re doing is moving your SD card from one Switch to another.
Yeah I have all the photos and videos on a laptop now, but I’ve tried that method and it doesn’t work and they still won’t show up on the switch album folder

Yeah I have all the photos and videos on a laptop now, but I’ve tried that method and it doesn’t work and they still won’t show up on the switch album folder
Hmm. That’s odd, there must be a way, because that’s how you transfer photos from one sd card to another if you get a new card. You’ve tried googling it you said? Or googling your specific error, too? I would be sure to read Nintendo’s support page for how to transfer photos from one card to another, google for that page.

If I find some time and I remember I’ll try googling for you too.

Don't forget to transfer Animal Crossing and Splatoon 2 saves. I've lost my Splatoon 2 progress cause I just forgot it.
Amazing how you can be so backward with an paid online service with such a game and you have Destiny and Fortnite that you can simply play on any device.

Hopefully Nintendo consider this for their next online update.

Can you share a screenshot of what the contents of your SD card look like from your laptop?

Back
Top Bottom